Sle news?

tbro

Well, what would that seem to tell you?  ???

Why do people come here, presuming we know the magic answers about the SLE?  This board usually knows about as much as is posted on the site.  So, if the site says it's down, well, it's down.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

ryan put on the site before "dont post a topic about this on CCSLP message board." yeah, like that wasn't gonna happen. what an ass. this whole SLE thing really pisses me off. sorry thats just how i feel.

Wait... are you mad at Ryan?

yea, because he is really picky and inconsistent with that site.  if someone reliable, like chris, ran it, it would be amazing.  he constantly bitches about people usin the logos for different reasons. the whole password protection thing (even tho i got in) was a load of crap.  chris doesn't have these problems with his site, so obviously he's doin sumthin right.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Don't be mad at Ryan. Ryan was very generous is providing webspace for a valuable resource. I would rather have vector graphics than raster based, but there are other ways to get them.

The problems happening with ryan's space were primarily due to bandwidth issues. People were remote-linking graphics from his website to this and the Fanhome board. Combine that with users downloading the files uploaded to his site, and that ate up all his bandwidth. He would have had to pay a lot of money to increase the bandwidth allowed by his host. So the solution was to come up with the registration/password system. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Ryan was not able to put the time and effort into it anymore. If you went to the site in the last few days you would see that there is hope somewhere down the line for the site to continue, just Ryan won't be able to host and maintain it.

I was not able to get in with a registration when it was redesigned recently, but I am not mad at anyone. As I said before, there are other resources, and other generous posters here as well. It's not Ryan's fault. Demand far outexceeded supply. Get over it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

yea, because he is really picky and inconsistent with that site. if someone reliable, like chris, ran it, it would be amazing. he constantly bitches about people usin the logos for different reasons. the whole password protection thing (even tho i got in) was a load of crap. chris doesn't have these problems with his site, so obviously he's doin sumthin right.

You're a :censored:ing idiot. He was very generous to spend the time and money that he did, and now that he can't anymore, you're pissed? Ingrate.

Excuse Ryan for having a life and not having the time to pander to retards like you anymore.

He's not keeping anyone in the dark about anything. The SLE is done and that's it.

The password protection is also a legal issue, not just a bandwidth thing. Vector graphics can be used to create high-quality counterfeit merchandise, so he couldn't just give those graphics out to anyone. That's how HockeyLogos.Net got shut down, the NHL said they weren't taking enough action to stop the wrong people from downloading files so they had to close up shop.

I hope I don't piss off Chris by saying this, but I find it funny that you say Ryan was more inconsistant than Chris. When he switched over to the password-protected site, Ryan had everything done except for some problems with registration. Chris' site has been incomplete for how long? Again, nothing against Chris because I know how tough it is to put together a huge site, but I think it's wrong to complain about Ryan for not having his site ready when you wanted it.

Ryan built that site with his own time and money and every decision he made about it in the last year was ripped on by people here. Maybe that's why he said not to start a thread about it. Or maybe his own problems with bandwidth made him not want to use any bandwidth on this board (there are no bandwidth problems here). I don't know for certain, but he's probably not going to be too pissed off if it's discussed here.

The SLE will be replaced, sometime. I can't say when or where or who will be involved, but I can pretty much guarentee that the site will be revived in some form. Until then, everyone's going to have to deal.

I know how difficult it is to maintain a website. My own logo site has become seriously out-of-date, and it isn't nearly as complex as the SLE was. I'm amazed Ryan was able to do what he did for so long. He deserves a break.

(As for my site, it's still there. I'm doing a re-design so I doubt I will do much updating of the existing site; but I might.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Yes, it's a bummer that it's such a good idea and a great resource and we can't get to use it for whatever reasons.

I'm sure some people are frustrated with not being able to get in and a lack of communication on their end.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Guys, if I ran theSLE it would never have been shut down... it would've sat on the Internet with about 15 logos on it, last update in 1998.   :D

But seriously, Ryan was/is a lot more committed than I am when it comes to these things, he kept this up consistantly for almost 5 years (since dec 98 I think).  My only peak periods were while I was a 'stay-awake until 7am freak with no job, and no school'.

Hate to turn this on to me, but I'm designing websites all day, every day, in school, so the last thing I want to do at home is design more websites.  You all saw what happened last Summer when I wasn't in school (went on a bit of an update frenzy, no?), so don't count me out yet, just look for updates around Christmas, and the Summer... perhaps once I get my degree (April 2004) i can work on it all the time, who knows.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

:) I want to thank Ryan & Chris for all their work and time away from ... family, school, etc. Being a coach, I am constantly away from my family and it wears on you.

To put in so much time and effort into something you love is truely a committment - I wish people would put that kind of effort into their jobs, school, or better yet their marriages.

Ryan must be frustrated, I know you get that way Chris, but just let me say Thank you for all your effort & time put into this site. This is a small bit of heaven and that's what we are all here for - our love of logos, sports and 'cool stuff'.

I am not mad, just very disappointed and appreciative of Ryan & Chris - Thanks guys!!! :;):

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Thanks for everything, Ryan. Major Kudos.

*realized the site is really down*

Aw nuts.

At least I managed to grab the NHL and WHA logos...

FOR PERSONAL USE MIGHT I ADD!

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

• LMU locked this topic

Archived