Name the Flint, Michigan IBL Contest

Gary

Help me name the Flint, Michigan team for the IBL. Currently we are the Flint Gems, and we are 3-10 in the standings. Perhaps with a new name and at least a franchise player we can get a good winning perception next season. Plus no Flint Stones please no. The names that I see and I like will go into the polls board and the winner will be the new Flint name. Right now the Flint Falcons are one of my names.

I intended to give you a list of at least several names, but I am so happy with the following one that's the only one I'll list:

I wanted a name that celebrated some of Flint's history, especially a nod to better times since the town has had a rough run of it for awhile. So, without further ado, I give you the

FLINT IGNITION

The name is a nod to their rich automotive history, and a play on the stone flint which is an exceptional tool for IGNITING a fire.

According to Wikipedia, Flint is nicknamed "Buick City". I did research and chose names based off of current and former Buick car models.

Flint Skylarks

Flint Regals

Flint Wildcats

Flint Roadmasters (it's a stretch, but it's original)

According to Wikipedia, Flint is nicknamed "Buick City". I did research and chose names based off of current and former Buick car models.

Flint Wildcats

sorry not going to happen, remember there are the Cleveland Wildcats of the IBL as well

According to Wikipedia, Flint is nicknamed "Buick City".  I did research and chose names based off of current and former Buick car models.

Flint Wildcats

sorry not going to happen, remember there are the Cleveland Wildcats of the IBL as well

oops, forgot about that, what do you think about the rest?

According to Wikipedia, Flint is nicknamed "Buick City".  I did research and chose names based off of current and former Buick car models.

Flint Wildcats

oops, forgot about that, what do you think about the rest?

I like the Skylarks and the Regals, also I want to add the Flint Tanks(no reference to the Toronto Tanks) because of the fact that Flint was an extensive maker in tanks in World War II

Might I suggest the Flint Cruisers? It's short for Timber Cruisers, could be used as an automotive reference or even (although it's a stretch) a military reference?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Flint Woodsmen

Flint Arrows

Flint Aggression

Flint Warriors

Flint Arrowheads

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Flint Skylarks

Flint Regals

Flint Wildcats

Flint Roadmasters (it's a stretch, but it's original)

Yeah, it was Buick City. But that was before the Buick plant closed.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

In my opinion, don't even bother with the poll. El_Duderino hit on the mark. Flint Ingnition is one of the most creative names I've seen. Well done, Duderino, well done. I'd love to see a concept of that name. But that's for a later day.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived