Michaels traded to NBC for a cartoon bunny

brinkeguthrie

I had to do a google check to see if "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit" really existed, to see if I could validate it. It does, and wow, that's something you don't see everyday. :P

Good to see Madden and Michaels will be back at it next year, except on a day earlier than usual.

This means that Al & John are still the commentators for the EA SPORTS "Madden NFL Football" video games... and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Mickey Mouse's forerunner, returns home to Disneyland!

YOZXkBG.png?1

There's more to the story:

As part of the deal, NBC sold ESPN cable rights to Friday coverage of the next four Ryder Cups through 2014, and granted ESPN increased usage of Olympic highlights through 2012 and other NBC properties through 2011. NBC, in turn, gets expanded highlight rights to ABC and ESPN events.

So, the link to NBCOlympics.com on ESPN's website was only the beginning....

I think Michaels and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit were really the players to be named later... :D

I saw, I came, I left.

oswald_the_lucky_rabbit_study2.gif

Man that really looks like Mickey! I had no idea you could trade other things besides players. This is rather interesting.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Al looks to be replacing Cris Collinsworth...which is a move I can most definitely live with. If I had to listen to Collinsworth do the play-by-play, I'd probably shoot myself in the face.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This means it will be a partial reunion to the old "NFL on NBC" studio crew with Costas and Collinsworth. At least Maguire won't be back, and Ditka's with ESPN. I really liked Collinsworth as a studio guy with NBC and FOX. Heck, I even liked him as host of "Guinness World Records Primetime".

Archived