Womens olympic hockey : Sweden vs. Russia

eww7633

Nike uniforms and Reebok pads for Sweden. Interesting...

That means nothing. It's the individual player thet chooses their equipment. The only thing that is that one company makes for the entire team is the uniform )Jersey and Socks, not sure about pants).

Those vertical striped socks are just so, so stupid.

I got to see the swifty jerseys in the store today for the first time. Honestly, they feel like a high quality paper towel. It just seems like the first time they got wet, they would turn into a soggy mass.

I talked to someone who knows, and they said that for the men's World Junior Tournament, the swift jerseys had heat sealed numbers. They sure looked like it on TV then too. They had a shine to them, I saw some edges peeling off and some where part of the numbers had been scraped away from getting checked into the boards.

They told me they were going to upgrade them to sewn on twill. This may be true for the upcoming men's games due to the stress of body checking, but what I was able to see of the women's games today, those still looked like heat sealed numbers were being used.

Did I mention the vertical striped socks are stupid looking? They truly are.

JeffB

Biathalon Rocks.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

i will admit some of them arent bad looking but overall its just a terrible idea by nike. IMO the uniforms that team USA wore in Salt Lake were friggin perfect. (See Sig). I think that making all the teams look the same takes away the individuality of each nation which is what the olympics are all about. I guess what I'm saying is that Nike should go jump off a cliff.....yeah that sounds about right.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

The best USA hockey uniforms and actually collection of international hockey uniforms were the ones worn in the '96 World Cup of Hockey. Now, with the exception of Sweden, they all seem to be pretty much FUGLY!

i will admit some of them arent bad looking but overall its just a terrible idea by nike. IMO the uniforms that team USA wore in Salt Lake were friggin perfect. (See Sig). I think that making all the teams look the same takes away the individuality of each nation which is what the olympics are all about.

The problem with that statement is that those Salt Lake USA jerseys were just the prior template that Nike used that dates back to 1998 in Nagano.

The Czechs, Finns, Belarus, Canada and USA all wore jerseys based on the same template.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Sweden's always had the best jerseys, in my opinion at least anyways....

And eventhough i hate all of Sweden and it's people..... i would simply love to have some scandinavian nookie with every single swedish women's hockey player.

Sveirge, baby!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

...those Salt Lake USA jerseys were just the prior template that Nike used that dates back to 1998 in Nagano.

The Czechs, Finns, Belarus, Canada and USA all wore jerseys based on the same template.

Perhaps, but at least the template looked good.

Archived