US-Sweden

BJ Sands

I wouldn't be surprised if the US doesn't make it out of their group.

That would mean Latvia and Kazakhstan would have to catch up and pass the USA for the Americans to not make the tournament. I don't see that happening.

6uXNWAo.png

Sweden 2 US 1

Two prolonged 5-on-3 power plays and nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the US doesn't make it out of their group.

I knew the game was over right there you know sometimes you should just shoot the puck instead of waiting for the perfect shot you never knwo what can happen with a bounce.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Lativa has to beat Kaskakastan something like 17-0 or something close to that in order to make it through if the U.S. losses tomorrow. They'll make it out of the group and will play Finland probably.

Their problem is they have no one to finish. They make the plays but can't finish them. Dipetro and the Defense have been great it's just they don't have any offense. If someone can get hot on offense they could be playing for a medal.

USA for the gold fellas.

Yeah, the Fool's gold medal with the way they are playing. I have to wonder why are we failing to score some goals.

Man, the freaking pre-lockout, trap happy New Jersey Devils scored more often then Team USA. This is not good, and now here comes Finland.

Might as well start playing Taps, because we are dead meat.

The funny thing is, what's hurting Team USA aren't the two things we all thought it would be...

The goaltending with DiPietro's been pretty darn good and the defense has been solid for the most part.

What's killing this team is the fact nobody can fluffing score to save their lives...it was nice to see Mike Modano FINALLY make his way to Torino yesterday <_<...now if someone could find Doug Weight and let him know the Games are going on, that'd be nice too...

Barring a barrage by Latvia vs. Kazakhstan or a complete collapse by the US vs. the Russians, we're locked into playing Finland in the Quarters...and after seeing them in action vs. Canada, I don't like the US's chances at all.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

if the US plays finland or anyone out side of Antarctica, Iceland and the national team from the Moon it'll be another shutout against the americans.

Haven't you ever seen D2? If you had you would know that Iceland is an international ice hockey power. There's no way this US team would beat them.

It's about time for Gunnar Stahl to come of age and win the gold.

Well the US has clinched a spot in the next round with Lativa's loss this morning.

All of the U.S. losses have been 1 goal games. If someone can get hot on offense they can beat Finland and would play for a medal.

I think the offense is ready for Finland, getting confidence scoring 4 off a hot goalie in Nabakov. The game was basically a throw-away, giving DiPietro a rest for tomorrow's game and letting Esche get some Olympic experience.

I still like Team USA's chances against Finland tomorrow.

Well the US has clinched a spot in the next round with Lativa's loss this morning.

All of the U.S. losses have been 1 goal games. If someone can get hot on offense they can beat Finland and would play for a medal.

I think the offense is ready for Finland, getting confidence scoring 4 off a hot goalie in Nabakov. The game was basically a throw-away, giving DiPietro a rest for tomorrow's game and letting Esche get some Olympic experience.

I still like Team USA's chances against Finland tomorrow.

The scored only 1 against Nabakov, he was pulled after the first for rest. That siad I agree I like their chances as well. They won't give up 5 goals with Dipetro in net and they won;t be as sloppy. Going into that game they knew it didn't matter.

Archived