Battle of the Beltway

tohasbo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats actually not too shabby. Being unfamiliar with this rivalry, where is this used? T-shirts and the like? Or do they go as far as painting the field during the intraleague games?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The logo itself is fine, but the concept is ridiculous. Both Washington and Baltimore have their OWN Beltways. Why is there a need to "battle" over "the" Beltway... and which Beltway IS "the" Beltway being battled over? Furthermore, the date on this logo is referring to the PRESEASON games between the two teams, NOT the regular season contests. VERY LAME.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

The logo itself is fine, but the concept is ridiculous.  Both Washington and Baltimore have their OWN Beltways.  Why is there a need to "battle" over "the" Beltway... and which Beltway IS "the" Beltway being battled over?  Furthermore, the date on this logo is referring to the PRESEASON games between the two teams, NOT the regular season contests.  VERY LAME.

Good points. The main roads connecting the cities are I-95 and the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (the older of the two). If the creator of the logo wants to be accurate, it should probably be called "The Battle of the Parkway" (especially since the Parkway turns into Russell Street in Baltimore and passes right next to Camden Yards and passes within about 1 mile of RFK and is the best way to get there from the north).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The logo is okay. It's pretty pro Washington. You would think that in a rivalry logo you would at least keep the color scheme 50/50 or somewhat neutral.

Seeing as how this logo is touting the March 31st, exhibition game date at RFK, I'm not surprised it's pro-Washington, the logo for the April 1st date in Baltimore probably is more Oriole-esque.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I haven't seen this logo anywhere but here.

The Battle of the Beltway is for I-495 (the Capital Beltway), as my sig shows. This is not a bad logo by any means, but whoever did this should only be recognizing the battle itself, not specific games. I mean, they're only playing each other ELEVEN times between now and my birthday, June 25.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

The Battle of the Beltway is for I-495 (the Capital Beltway)

Is Baltimore annexing DC if they win? The Capital Beltway is nowhere near Baltimore! Baltimore is a good 40 min north.

Subway series makes sense to me for NYC, the L-series would make sense for Chicago. Baltimore and DC are two very very different cities. Also, isn't Baltimore's beltway 695?

Also, isn't Baltimore's beltway 695?

Yes. I can just about see it from here.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Good points.  The main roads connecting the cities are I-95 and the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (the older of the two).  If the creator of the logo wants to be accurate, it should probably be called "The Battle of the Parkway" (especially since the Parkway turns into Russell Street in Baltimore and passes right next to Camden Yards and passes within about 1 mile of RFK and is the best way to get there from the north).

"Pride of the Parkway" would me my choice.

20082614447.png

The Battle of the Beltway is for I-495 (the Capital Beltway), as my sig shows. This is not a bad logo by any means, but whoever did this should only be recognizing the battle itself, not specific games. I mean, they're only playing each other ELEVEN times between now and my birthday, June 25.

Logo can be found here.

"Battle of the Fans Who Whined so Much for Two Teams in Their Area Even Though They Weren't Selling Out When They Only Had One Team There And Now They Get Two Empty Stadiums To Choose From Each Night"

^ :censored: Selig and MLB. They're at fault if anyone's to blame for this. And wasn't this almost the same case when the Expos and the Jays played each other (minus the closeness)? ^

Now although this "rivalry" could technically be named based on the I-95 connection, so could games against Atlanta, Boston, Florida, New York, Philadelphia, and Tampa Bay.

Significant Orioles' mishaps this offseason:

None.

Significant Nationals' mishaps this offseason:

1. New stadium lease agreement.

2. Retaining Jim Bowden.

2a. Trading for Alfonso Soriano.

2b. Trading the face of the franchise for Alfonso Soriano.

2c. Attempting to sign Sammy Sosa.

3. The name trademark dispute

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

"Battle of the Fans Who Whined so Much for Two Teams in Their Area Even Though They Weren't Selling Out When They Only Had One Team There And Now They Get Two Empty Stadiums To Choose From Each Night"

^ :censored: Selig and MLB. They're at fault if anyone's to blame for this. And wasn't this almost the same case when the Expos and the Jays played each other (minus the closeness)? ^

The closeness is the main point here... there was no reason that area needed more than one team.

Saying it's the same thing with the Jays and Expos is like saying it's the saying it's the same thing with the Tigers and Brewers.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The only fans who whined for a second team were the D.C. area fans. Those of us in the 410 area code were more than happy with the status quo. :D

Congratulations on taking meaningless sigs to a whole new level. Let's have an I-90 battle between the Mariners and the Giants.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

The only fans who whined for a second team were the D.C. area fans. Those of us in the 410 area code were more than happy with the status quo. :D

Then consider yourself excluded from the list :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Congratulations on taking meaningless sigs to a whole new level. Let's have an I-90 battle between the Mariners and the Giants.

Its semi-tradition to call some of the rivalries named after the roads/interstates that the fans travel. The Cardinals have 2...

The I-55 Rivarly or Series (Cards vs. Cubs)

The I-70 series (Vs. the Royals)

Sometimes you'll hear the Cubs/Brewers games called the I-94 Series. There is a name for the Angels/Dodgers series that relates to interstates, but I can't remember what it is.

Its stupid, but its been around for a little while.

Archived