New dallas stars alternates

Cowboy Kevin

Mostly, the Stars wanted to avoid doing what other teams have done.

You mean like something nice?  :D  :D  :D

Thanks for posting that. It's an interesting read hearing about some of the things they should have done but rejected.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that design group the same as SME, I thought they did NYR?

Anyway, at least they did do some things right. This Stars sweater isn't terrible as a stand alone. It could have been. They made the right decisions in making it flow together...(introducing red was bad, but...)putting red in the jersey and not just the logo...going with a regular v collar instead of a tie down or square.

I don't see why you guys are hatin' on Dallas' third. It's great. I know this is opinion-based (& that I'm severely outnumbered), but I like it a lot. If you want my opinion, the Wings' home is (IMO, please don't hurt me :;):) the worst. Red-logo-on-red-jersey just reeks.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I don't see why you guys are hatin' on Dallas' third. It's great. I know this is opinion-based (& that I'm severely outnumbered), but I like it a lot. If you want my opinion, the Wings' home is (IMO, please don't hurt me :;):) the worst. Red-logo-on-red-jersey just reeks.

I think these suck for Stars jerseys. They stray too far from their identity. As stand alones, their fine. As for the Red Wings red jerseys, your right, they are terrible.

Skilo Brand, the design company employed by the Stars, brought in silver as an accent color in creating the New York Rangers' third sweater. And the Oilers also used silver as a complement in their third-sweater design. So adding a new color was nothing new in the NHL.

Nice built-in excuse...what a cop-out. Adding silver as an accent color is a lot different than adding red! Silver, I'd suggest, could be added to just about any scheme and blend in without causing too much of a change in identity. Adding red to black, gold and green does not compare to the Rangers adding silver to red, white and blue. These designers have no clue, IMO, if they really believe there's no difference.

Archived