New dallas stars alternates

Cowboy Kevin

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, what do you know, he's an AOLer, who knew?!

but chris, I'M a aoler :) not all people who use AOL are stupid

I was jus' sayin' is all  :)

:) i know , i just hate how AOL people are stereotyped because of a few idiots.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

k my take on it... I have to say meh... i like the idea but i cant see the logic in the red and the bull... they tried to do soemthing different which is an A for effort but christ i have always liked the stars colour scheme the red looks like crap...and the NHL must get extra money from teh stars cuz they are constantly buying surplus All-star jerseys...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

wow, bust out the metaphorical whooping stick.

Taurus the constellation represents Texas,

wow! did Dennis Miller consult on this?

I am flabergasted, the red is out of left field,

the logo is bothersome to look at. I can't go

on it's making my head hurt. Calgon take me away....

That's really bad.

Remember how they got an overwhelmingly bad response to the third jersey they tried either last year or the year before, and pulled it?

Well that has nothing on this one.

I give it points for originality and uniqueness, and even creativity.  But that still doesn't make it look good.

Hurray for 21st birthday's (mine!) and hurray for the unveiling of new jerseys/logos.  From my perspective (and bear in mind I've had a few so far this evening) it seems that Dallas and Minnesota are representing two sides of a rather disapointing spectrum.  Dallas has shown exceptional creativity with the logo for their third jersey (IMHO) but I think we can all agree that their execution is dreadfull.  In contrast I must agree with the majority when I say that the Minnesota thirds have been executed very well but have very little (and I mean VERY little) to offer in terms of creativity.  Ultimately I guess it comes down to a matter of personal taste, speaking for myself I would much rather have something that was creative (but ultimately "ugly") like the Dallas 3rds rather than the Minnesota 3rds (which, while very nice looking are about as engauging as drying paint).  Then again, looking at my jersey collection I see alot of "ugly" jerseys: the original Phoenix Coyotes jersey, Nashville Predetors, new Vancouver Canucks, etc.  Lastly, I was curious to see what the "taurus" logo would look like without the read...its kinda hard to make a solid judgement since the photoshoping was pretty quick and dirty, but I'm of the opinion that alot of criticism surounding the design would fanish if the red was simply converted to green.  See for  yourselves right here:

http://students.usm.maine.edu/andrew.goodm...lteredimage.JPG

If you where to not show anyone that jersey and ask what team it is for....I bet you would get some diffrent team or...is there a new team?  Becasue that is not Dallas Stars...a Bull!?!?!?  Ok and anyoone know anything about Atlanta?  I hope it is dark red.....maybe a new logo not a smaller one a new logo that makes sence...god for what I have seen today Atlanta will have a snake that is a very small logo and have the color Lime green as a primary....Com'on with the names Wild, Stars and Ducks there should be new logos for 3rds!  Not a shurnkin logo with a circle around it, not a logo of something way off and for god sakes!  No more writing!  There are a few teams that will look good with words on it...OLD TEAMS!  eg Rangers and Canadians they should be "old school" I say quit with the fad and quit being posers...its the 2000s!  Lets be creative!  Dallas had a nice try but red? And a Bull?  Please let Atlanta's be awsome!!!!  Oh and a good eg of a team that took a there name and made a logo was Nashville for a 3rd.  Not the best but it makes sence and efort was put in...like hell the people on this web page should be making the jerseys!  They can come up with 5 good ones in the 2 years it takes them to plan out some old school jersey!

The bull fits in with the fact that the team is from Texas, and Texans seems to have some steriotypical association with them, so its not that bad in that way. But this i really don't like, the colour scheme.

This wouldn't be bad for a team named the bulls, or if the team changed its name, but as an alternate for the DALLAS STARS, uh, nah

speaking of hte Thrashers 3rd, lets pray that it doesn't sound as awful as it does

From what I hear it is.....well....puke1.gif but i do what to know what other people think....

it's not chartruce and lime, is it? god i hope not..... :P

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Ill have to agreewith the hockeyzealot, these both have their pitfalls, but ill disagree where you say that youd rather have a creative but'ugly'uni.

Im all for creativity, but when you stray from a brand just to be 'creative,' i think your making your own parameters, and i think graphic design is kinda like art within certain paramiters.

Now paying omage? I dont want the sniveling stars to rub it i myface that they stole our team, and we now have a rag-tag group of overachievers instead. I love the wild, but ill never like them as i did the northstars, its like your wife dying, then marrying her younger pretty sister to take care of the kids (see legends of the fall,) sure it looks good, but nothing is like the one that got away....

I do appreicate a noober having constructive, thoughtful and otherwise insightful commentary, kudos hockeyzealot.

kudos also to chris, i know you dont like to be the iron fist ruler, but you had to get rid of that kid, his comments were stupifying and illiterate.

I can tell you all this, namely PANTONE, Clemente, et al. I have lurked around here for months, reading your opinions, reading your "holier than thou" attitude. The conclusion I came to is basically your no-talent, opinionated, pompus jerks. Your opinions are no better than mine or anybody elses. Go back to your mundane jobs, your fantasy girlfriends, and STFU. SO, flame me, ban me..I dont give a flying kcuf.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If it's arrogant to ask people to post with some modicum of tact and intelligence, then I'm arrogant.  Such is life.

So, about these hideous Dallas jerseys...

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived