New dallas stars alternates

Cowboy Kevin

Okay... after looking at the logo for like five minutes, I really, really like it. I think it's an excellent solution. I think it could have been executed a LOT better than the way they did it. The one thing I keep asking myself over and over is "WHY RED???" I swear, it makes me think of salsa.

Can someone score me a higher-res version so I can vectorize it and play with it a bit?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where in god green's (and gold) name did they get the red from?  That is horrible.

OFF TOPIC:

Greg:  "I almost put $115 on the Sox to win $100 just as a failsafe..."

Dad: "Well... you woulda lost"

Sweep us Florida... I don't give a "F"... a Championship Series will "never" get better... I dare you to argue...

gRc

yanks_sig.gif

Since when is a team allowed to just add a colour out of nowhere?  I thought the colours had to be within the same realm of the colours the team already uses. (shades, etc?)

I like it, though.

Mind you, the only jerseys I don't really like in the NHL are the Devils.  And it's not really that I don't like them...it's that I like them least.  So, I'm not really saying much.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

i think its fine that they added another color, however red makes their color scheme too close to minnesota

edmonton added silver and that was great although very un edmonton like

this is the most creative jersey in the nhl and is a pretty nice design

like i said before, make the red in the jersey white, and take the red swoosh out of the logo and this is a top new design in the nhl

signature.gif

Without the stupid red star streak on its horn, that logo could almost be passable. I like the thinking of a 'Texas-themed' constellation, but it comes off looking silly - like a dot-to-dot puzzle gone wrong. And that's a shame because it's really quite a snazzy image of a pot roast on legs they've got there.

I'd almost be tempted to use the head on its own as a more generic Dallas symbol (a la the Buffalo buffalo), and stick a few more stars on the sleeves.

The logo is just plain awful -- looks like something slapped together for a third rate steakhouse - you know the kind I'm talking about, the ones that move into an abandoned Ponderosa location and usually go by the name The Big Texan or Sir Loin's Ye Olde Steak Jointe.  Seriously, I can understand the constellation theme but something just didn't work here.  And the red, well, I just don't care for it.  It's very distracting and doesn't work well with this uniform.  I don't see it's purpose, if that makes any sense.

Being a Stars fan, I must say that I think the concept of the logo is great. Texas flair with the star theme, but I think they missed the boat on the execution.

It's obvious to me that someone high up on the ladder (Hicks, Lites, etc) said, "We MUST have the original Stars logo in the bull's head", but the problem is that it looks forced and thrown in at the last minute. The Stars logo on the shoulder, or like they have it on the sleeves, could have tied in the Stars identity without looking too busy.

Having a hard time with the red, but I like the idea of adding another color.

I was hoping it would have been better designed, because based on what I heard about the concept alone, I was ready to buy, but after seeing it, I'll have to take a pass. Maybe next year, they'll make some revisions and it will be a little cleaner.

Once again I have revised their product to reflect what I think it should be-as well as what everyone else has been saying. Rather than come up with my own concept, I just tweek theirs (as I did with Columbus). Here it is...What do you guys think?

dallas1.jpg

I know, quality could look better, but again it was Paint.  What do you expect?

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

Now, those I don't hate.  The logo gets a lot better without that star swooping from the right, and the whole thing looks miles better without the red.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I still dont like it I really don't like the entire constellation concept. They should of consulted an astrologer who would have told them it would not go over well.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

They should of consulted an astrologer who would have told them it would not go over well.

LOL!

Oh my!  Look at my touch up, then go right back to the 2nd page and look at the actual jersey.  I just did exactly that and it made me hate the actual even more!  It makes that orange somehow look worse.  Ditto for the swooping orange tailed star on the logo.  If you wanna puke, seriously, do this.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

I still dont like it I really don't like the entire constellation concept. They should of consulted an astrologer who would have told them it would not go over well.

Reminds me of a quote the Missouri Attorney General made at a press conference following a successful suit against the telephone psychic Ms. Cleo.  "I don't understand how she didn't see this coming."

wow...this is terrible.  Could the Stars be any less creative or do they have another allstar rip off sometimes in the future.  The red, the logo, and the jersey design are all terrible.  

I don't want to drift back into the fray of earlier in the thread,  but I remind you to never confuse me for the other guy with a similar screename.  I was going to change mine to distance us, but fortunately it won't have to come to that.

Actually, I'm in Parker...complete opposite side (NW vs. SE) of town...complete opposite culturally as well...

:;):

Cool.  I'm in Colorado Springs.  Anyway, I kind of like these.  I think the bull was a good idea.  I also like the red.

ua_logo.jpg

I attend Arapahoe Community College in Littleton, 1979-1980, I loved living in Colorado.  I will be helping my dad move back to Colorado Springs from Dallas this X-mas week.(he live 3 years in Boulder, 7 in Englewood and 14 in Colo. Springs)

Back to Dallas' Jersey - too close to Minnesota's colors.  The red must go.  If they were going to use red then they should of used blue and made it look like the Texas State Flag.  

Now I do agree with a previous post on Edmonton's use of SILVER, however, silver goes nicely with Navy blue and that worked well for the Oilers (great 3rd uni).

I do like the idea of using the Bull/Steer, it ties nicely with Dallas' history, but the colors . . .Let's face it, "the Stars fanned on this one."  IMHO - Those of you who like it, buy them now, they may not be around long - a collectors item. :o

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived