New dallas stars alternates

Cowboy Kevin

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I stand behind Mockba and Chris in the sense that they are merely upholding the rules we have all come to abide by on this board. Mockba responds to Sabres' obvious annoyance with a minor insult, and Sabres' responds in a violent threat, which then continued after I asked him to stop and even directed his attention at the rules clearly posted above the forum. When it didn't stop, Chris took the appropriate action and removed him from the board. I don't think upholding a certain standard for this board should be misconstrued as arrogance.

I can tell you all this, namely PANTONE, Clemente, et al. I have lurked around here for months, reading your opinions, reading your "holier than thou" attitude. The conclusion I came to is basically your no-talent, opinionated, pompus jerks. Your opinions are no better than mine or anybody elses. Go back to your mundane jobs, your fantasy girlfriends, and STFU. SO, flame me, ban me..I dont give a flying kcuf.

I find it funny that you have come to this as a conclusion when I don't think it comes anywhere close to the truth. If I'm not mistaken, PANTONE is 40, lives with his wife (and maybe kids) in Boudler, CO and just came back from a vacation to Hawaii. Me, I'm only twenty, but soon enough, I'll be raking it in with my commercials.

I guess you must think that absolutley none of the concepts posted on this forum are the least bit good if you think we have no-talent. Being opinionated is a must on this board to get critiqued for you work and improving your skills. Pompous...hmmm...in the few times I've acted pompous, I've made it very clear I was being sarcastic.

We have never said that our opinions matter more. All we do is follow the rules and keep everything in line. There is a moral code here that you had appeared to have crossed according to PANTONE. I defended you. MAybe I offended you by saying two of your posts were crap, but I was refering to the jerseys. I thanked you for posting them for us and breaking this to us.

If I offended you I am sorry.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well it figures you stand by them since the same 10 people that post here are all buddies. You guys are like a little clique. Since I don't post here everyday like the rest of you (in fact today is the first time I posted anything in months) I better be careful not to say anything that might offend you, because the mighty Chris Creamer will come down from his mountaintop citadel and ban me.....

Look, I've got nothing against you, bud. I'm only making a point that Chris was justified in banning Sabres because his actions were over the top. This really isn't the proper avenue to discuss all this because this has nothing to do with the Stars jerseys, so if you'd like to discuss it, I'll continue it in PM.

I better be careful not to say anything that might offend you, because the mighty Chris Creamer will come down from his mountaintop citadel and ban me.....

I'm such an ass for sticking up for my boardies eh?  How dare I keep the peace on the board.  Did you read half the things Sabres87243 posted?  Probably not since I deleted practically all of them.

The fact is, you have no idea what was going on, I don't ban a person just because I feel like it, or based on one incident.  Sabres87243 was teedering for quite a while before his death threats, and racially-rique comments directed to the posters of this board, which pushed him way over the edge.

I suggest you straighten this crooked path you just set for yourself, because now I have no choice but to have a negative attitude towards all of your future posts.  I might not want to, but I won't be able to help it, I'm human.  From your STICKY CAPS user name, right up to these posts here.

Nice one.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I call myself the GIANT devilfish hence the GIANT letters. Get it? Oh probably not. OH NO! What have I done, I going to get banned for sure...

Oh and P.S  I don't ever recall calling you an ass. You like putting words in people's mouths...

What is with the AOLers today?  The LoveChat room must be down (wow, cheap for me, I know, I'm tired)  Meh.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

And, in the Phoenix Coyotes' new tradition, the lettering/numbering looks completely out of place on the jersey. Of course, it's the same as what's used on the home (green) jersey.

Well, it certainly has been a busy and entertaining day around here, hasn't it?

I agree competely about the name and numbers looking out of place on this jersey.

The logo makes me dizzy.  :P  :P  :P  My eye is drawn around by the red shooting star/boomerang into the middle of the logo, where the left horn grabs my eye and takes it up and around to the middle where the red swatch grabs my attention and whips it violently back around to the front, only to be grabbed by the visual of the point of the horn on the left to start the process all over again and again and again...

Jane! Jane! Stop this crazy thing!!

The red is just plain odd, and the jersey striping does nothing for me, and for the record, I really, truly dislike - no, HATE jerseys that have no shoulder striping or secondary logos. They look like either practice jerseys or pajamas. Hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em.

A big thumbs down to the team with perhaps my favorite jersey in the league, the black and green jersey they are wearing at home this year. I guess it's a good thing I won't have to see this in person when they play on the road.

Officially my worst new jersey of 03-04. Bleah.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

So....yeah....moving right along

Tajmccall (is there anything I could refer to  you by that would be an acceptable shorthand?), thanks very much for the compliments!  As for your comments, I agree that a considerable amount of the art that goes into graphic design is treading the fine line between creativity and identity.  I also agree that its this fine balance that makes graphic design (especially sports design) such a challanging (and entertaining) field.  I think what I was trying to articulate in my last post was that if the balance has to be unsettled (that is to say if a design has to fall on one end or the other of the above mentioned spectrum) that I would rather see a creative design rather than a well executed (or identity centered) design.  Ultimately this comes down to a matter of opinion, one which touches on the greater issue of "tradition" vs. "exploration" (for lack of a better word).  Anyway...thats another thread and another discusion entirely.  I apreciate your apreciation.

Wow did this trhead go down hill with all the bickering lets get things back on track this jersey is horrendous.

I rank it with the old Kings deck of cards 3rd and teh Widl Wing 3rds.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

EDIT: In my efforts to control the garbage polluting to this thread, I have only added to it. My apologies.

The bull is dumb. Paging any NHL team... let us do your 3rd jersey, look at what happened with the Moose... you end up looking classy with a look everyone loves!!! Stop the madness!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I would like to give the Stars the benifit of the doubt about how this would look in person, but from the images, it looks like crap. I take that back, if someone threw crap onto a blank jersey, it would look 100x better than this.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is about the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

Dallas has shown exceptional creativity with the logo for their third jersey (IMHO) but I think we can all agree that their execution is dreadfull

Two thumbs down for Dallas

One thumb up and one down for Minnesota.

What a disappointment! :P

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Besides the Rangers, I'm not sure there are any other alts in the entire league that I really like!  The Wild's is ok at best. (The Isles could kick with a lighthouse alt, but instead they go bold and wacky.)

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

hoo boy, it looks like we have another anichanger/unifreak/icecap here.......nonono2.gif

anyways, as far as the topic goes,.....I despise this team and everything it stands for. therefore no matter what they would have unveiled I would have instantly hated it.

but this,.....THING......well, makes me want to do this:

toilet.gif

who is the genius that made this thing up? and how much did he/she rake in for it? the logo is stupid and childish (much like the ducks logo) and the use of red, STUPID!

the way things are going maybe the NHL should ban all use of alternate jerseys because nobody can seem to get them right anymore

Archived