New dallas stars alternates

Cowboy Kevin

The rumor on the Dallas Stars message boards is that the new third jersey will be unveiled later today or tomorrow, and it is supposed to be black with green and red striping. The logo is supposed to be the head of a bull, with stars flying around it. I looked around on the USPTO site, and found the logo in the link below. Hopefully it will look better in color.

http://jeff.bmb.uga.edu/images/newlogo.gif

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cant find it on the dallas stars homepage...i dont think thats really it

Good grief, you are really that dumb, aren't you?

The URL comes from dallasstars.com.  Now, unless someone's hacking their domain, I'd say that's about as official as it gets.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Here is a color picture of the logo and most of the jersey.

http://www.dallasstars.com/uploads....133.jpg

Nice work there. Not so sure about the jersey until I see all of it, but a nice job on getting the photo.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Where the hell did we find this guy? Can we take him back? Did we keep the receipt?

Chris had alluded to the fact that he knows from where this guy came. I believe an xlr8r reference was made at one point. Somewhere in Chris's basement/laboratory is a nuisance-o-meter and once the needle hits the little red line he'll be vaporized.

Oh, and moving back on topic, it would appear that the jersey was designed by the firm Barnum and Bailey.

does anyone else get a Minnesota Wild feel from the logo? namely in the shooting star and general colors(besides black).

Notice that the bull is made of stars and connecting lines, like a constellation. What would that be? Taurus?

That jersey make me want to do one thing....(goes to toilet, leans over, pukes guts out). Ahhh, much better now. Yeah, Dallas took Minnesota's team, now, they're taking their colors too.

C'mon, it's Columbus all over again. Where the heck did they get the idea that the 3rd needed to have a new color and logo that has nothing to do with anything?

To me, that logo says they are a bunch of Eric Lindroses with concussions-do they want to portray THEMSELVES as seeing stars? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

(and considering the pic is Marty Turco in the jersey, and it doesn't look to be a crappy mockup someone cut and pasted on him, obviously that's the real deal.)

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

agreed, this is pretty bad. Why a bull? A Texas reference perhaps? It's trying to tie stars(constellation, that one giant swooping star) with Texas( the bull). This doesn't work for me. Maybe the jersey design can save it a little.

The black used in the Columbus third is rather subtle b/c it's close to navy, but the red in the stars jersey and logo stands out like a sore thumb.

Agreed.  In some pics the BJs jersey looked like it just had a dark navy, but this red is worse.  Is there a constellation that is a bull head?  I think there is, but even so, they are really reaching and stretching with this one.  Kinda like the flames using a horsehead for the stampede(although I at least didn't puke the first time I saw that).

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

Archived