Purdue votes down new logo

dwboiler

Long time lurker, ocassional poster...

Purdue sent a survey out to 12,000 people about a new design for the Purdue Pete logo, and with about 60% vote of the old pete, the old logo stays. This is from the Purdue Exponent, the student newspaper here.

I personally like the old one, how can you respect a guy who wears bracelets and has a set of balls for a chin?

Marquette are you paying attention??? take surveys then make changes

-dwboiler

Article: http://purdueexponent.org/index.php/module...article_id/3078

Logo: (Old on left, new on right)

NEWpete.jpg

I suspect the guy on the right is on the juice, too. Would they have required random drug testing had he been selected? :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I always thought he should have a shot of whiskey in one hand and a mug of beer in the other. Any school that is named after a mixed drink is OK with me. B)

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Marquette are you paying attention??? take surveys then make changes

It seems like they probably could have taken a survey before all the work was done on it to see if fans were even interested in changing in the first place. Probably would have saved some time and money.

No, because the fans were interested in changing. However, when "Warriros" wasn't allowed as a possible change, the crap that they were left to choose from was no better than "Eagles".

[on topic] Don't they know that tanning is bad for you? That's why they're keeping the old logo. :D

It's where I sit.

I always thought he should have a shot of whiskey in one hand and a mug of beer in the other. Any school that is named after a mixed drink is OK with me.  B)

I believe that would be Ball State. They had a logo in the 80's of a cardinal holding a frosty mug of beer.

The one on the right looks like Jay Leno on steroids. We don't need any anime/action cartoon looking mascot anytime soon. Pete is fine the way he is.

I can't believe we're looking at the same thing. I think the new one is a huge improvement, not only in execution, but in composition. Old Pete looks like a lunkhead. New Pete is dynamic and engaging.

Tradition is important and all, but to me using it as an excuse to settle on inferiority is nuts... but that might just be me. :D

I can't believe we're looking at the same thing. I think the new one is a huge improvement, not only in execution, but in composition. Old Pete looks like a lunkhead. New Pete is dynamic and engaging.

Tradition is important and all, but to me using it as an excuse to settle on inferiority is nuts... but that might just be me. :D

I agree...I've been wanting a change to Pete for years (actually, decades).

I grew up in West Lafayette, Indiana...one thing you can definitely say about the area...the people there don't like change much.

I swear that there are major sections in that area (Lafayette/West Lafayette/Tippecanoe County) that looks exactly the same as it did in 1975.

i'm neutral on the older pete, but I think change woulda been good here and gone with the new pete. heh, it's not like Purdue uses the Pete logo that much nowadays anyway (I always see either the P or the train)

on a slightly unrelated tangent, anyone ever seen the updated Sebastian logo for Miami? it'd be good if the feet didn't look like shoes <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived