NFL Off Season Transaction Thread

Cujo

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update.

If the owners accept the deal: Free agency will begin Friday at 12:01 am, and the cap will be $105M

If the owners don't accept: Free agency will begin Thursday at 12:01 am, and the 2007 season will be uncapped

After a couple of days of talking this relationship has turned sour. Moss last year, this year, Culpepper, there's something wrong with the way this organization is working...

Maybe the Vikings should get into the cruise ship business. :D

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Some Bears news:

Bears most likly will not cut anyone.

They are looking to add a backup QB in the offseason and talks are they may trade for Patrick Ramsey. I wouldn't hate seeing them take a run at Culpepper if he's released or Brees. Any of those actually would make me prettyhappy. Grossman with Ramsey as backup would be ok.

Of course there is alot of interest in Antwan Randle-El from the Bears. He'd be an excellent fit and would compliment Moose and the young recievers very well.

Other things I can see them doing or have heard about.

Signing Issac Bruce.

Signing Ty Law.

I know both those guys are past their prime, but Issac Bruce (if Randle-El fell through) could bring a nice vetern presence to the young recieving core. Ty Law is still a good cover corner and that is the Bears weakest position. He would have lead the team in INTs last year.

I doubt the Bears will land Randel El or Law, but they may get Ramsey, which would be a great pickup.

They'll probably grab a tight end in round one, a corner in the second round, but I don't forsee them going big in free agency.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The NFL is also pushing back the start of free agency another day, from 12:01 AM ET Friday to 12:01 AM ET Saturday.

:cursing:

I really can't wait that much longer!

Other news:

Minnesota looking at potential new QB's if/when Culpepper leaves.

The short list includes: Aaron Brooks and Brian Griese. And they will not sign Drew Brees.

As a fan of Aaron Brooks, I hope he does not end up in that mess, but I hope he gets traded/released-then-signed so he'll be on a new team next year.

Ramsey will also visit the Detroit Lions.

Finally, Miami's short list for QB candidates are: Daunte Culpepper, Drew Brees and Josh McCown.

Javon Walker asks to be Traded

Javon Walker told ESPN.com that he has informed the Packers of his desire to play elsewhere, and his agent has asked the team to deal the wide receiver or allow him to pursue trade options.

Basically because of Walker holding out last year, he turned Bret Favre along with the fans of Green Bay against him. Now he wants out because he feels he's not welcome.

6uXNWAo.png

Early rumors say that Daunte Culpepper is on his way to Oakland via trade...I hope Al Davis and the Raiders are ready to deal with a Culpepper/Moss reunion...

Also, Drew Brees looks to be the front-runner for the Miami Dolphins' QB job.

Once again, very early rumors, nothing confirmed at all.

Interesting news....

QB bidding grows intense

As for Brees, an NFL source said New Orleans has stepped forward as the strongest contender for his services. The Saints, Dolphins and Detroit have reportedly been the strongest suitors to date, but the Saints have guaranteed more money than the other two teams.

hmmmm.......Brees to New Orleans? Culpepper to Oakland or Miami?

Going to be an even more interesting week

Why would the Saints spend huge bucks on Drew Brees when they are lined up to draft Matt Leinart in next month's draft? Maybe they might trade down (Jets? ^_^ ). Very interesting.

As far as Culpepper goes, I'm hearing on ESPN that he will be traded today. Oakland and Miami are of course the obvious candidates.

6uXNWAo.png

Why would the Saints spend huge bucks on Drew Brees when they are lined up to draft Matt Leinart in next month's draft? Maybe they might trade down (Jets? ^_^ ). Very interesting.

As far as Culpepper goes, I'm hearing on ESPN that he will be traded today. Oakland and Miami are of course the obvious candidates.

Maybe they will sign Brees, swap spots with the Jets for an extra pick, then draft Ferguson to protect Brees. Not a bad idea.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Maybe they will sign Brees, swap spots with the Jets for an extra pick, then draft Ferguson to protect Brees. Not a bad idea.

Well if that's the plan, the Jets need to back away frrom trading for Patrick Ramsey. He's a steal if you're getting him for a 4th rounder (which is what I'm hearing), but you don't wanna shell out strater-type money for your thrid stringer, especially if you're the Jets.

6uXNWAo.png

Well if that's the plan, the Jets need to back away frrom trading for Patrick Ramsey. He's a steal if you're getting him for a 4th rounder (which is what I'm hearing), but you don't wanna shell out strater-type money for your thrid stringer, especially if you're the Jets.

Agreed. If I were the Jets I would stay at that spot, pick Ferguson, go get Ramsey and go from there. No need to trade up if you can get a ready to play QB and a future (probably) pro bowl tackle to protect him. You can't win if your QB is on his back or, in Pennington's case, in traction. You need a dominant offensive tackle if you want to win in this league. The qb's backside tackle is one of the 3 most important positions in football. Whoever ends up with Ferguson will be in very good shape for years to come.

Some examples:

- Rams draft Pace, win SB 34 a few years later

- Ravens draft Ogden, win SB 35 a few years later

- Broncos O-line helped them win titles.

- Oilers/ Titans draft Jon Runyan, they get to SB

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived