NFL Off Season Transaction Thread

Cujo

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Redskins keep on spendin...Archuleta and Carter are the newest members.  How can they afford all of these guys? Carter and Archuleta

Darren Howard is an Eagle. Eagles sign former Saints defensive end

---------------------

UNOFFICIAL DEAL - apparently close to final

Brees to Miami 6 years/55 million - will be interesting if it happens, much expected, but with Culpepper still available, who knows?

apparantly the redskins and the commish made a secret deal to give the redskins a larger salary cap than the other 31 teams. there is no possible way the redskins can have the cap space for the money they are throwing around.

I also heard the they are close to getting John Abraham.

also Cowboys sign Kyle Kosier and Akin Ayodele. :therock:

I think the NFL feels sorry for the 'Skins because of the idiotic trades they keep making with the Broncos and Jets. Kinda funny that the Broncos may get Abraham from the Jets because of the extra #1 they got from the 'Skins. Anything involving the Jets and the Broncos ALWAYS ends up going against the 'Skins... :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Lavar Arrington will be a New York Giant.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lavar Arrington will be a New York Giant.

Source?

Adam Schefter...though no deal has been made yet. It's still very very likely he will land in New York.

Titans sign WR David Givens - press conference this afternoon. He's my favorite Pats WR, sad to see him go, but he had to get paid sometime.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Signings from yesterday that weren't mentioned:

MIAMI signs: LJ Shelton, Sedrick Hodge, Andre Goodman

CLEVELAND signs: Ted Washington

TODAY:

JACKSONVILLE signs: OT Mike Williams

CINCINNATI: close to signing QB Jamie Martin, negotiating with Arrington as well

Just Breaking: Kitna a Lion

What is the point of this move? The Lions already have King/Harrington/Orlovsky.

Having Kitna their makes for a crowded bunch of mediocre QBs right now.

Just Breaking: Kitna a Lion

What is the point of this move? The Lions already have King/Harrington/Orlovsky.

Having Kitna their makes for a crowded bunch of mediocre QBs right now.

Reminder: Matt Millen is running the show in Detroit. Anything goes.

6uXNWAo.png

This probably means Brees will end up in New Orleans.

He doesn't want to go there...smart money says Brees goes to Minnesota.

I had heard Brees was 60/40 on going to New Orleans over Miami. Look for the Saints to sign Brees later in the day ... Which means the New Orleans would draft Mario Williams from NC State and could move down a couple spots to draft him. Therefore, it's still possible for the Jets to move up to #2 to get Leinart. ^_^

Just Breaking: The Titans also agree to terms with former Jets center Kevin Mawae :(

6uXNWAo.png

Brees has indeed signed a six-year deal with the Saints, accoring to sun-sentinel.com, as well as Adam Schefter. I thought with the Vikes $24 million under the cap they would have called up Brees as some sort of contingency plan.

Brees has indeed signed a six-year deal with the Saints, accoring to sun-sentinel.com, as well as Adam Schefter.  I thought with the Vikes $24 million under the cap they would have called up Brees as some sort of contingency plan.

Yep. Here's a link...

Saints sign Brees to a six-year deal

Brooks may be out the door, either that, or they keep him as insurance, I think he'll end up in Minni though.

TODAY:

JACKSONVILLE signs: OT Mike Williams

CINCINNATI: close to signing QB Jamie Martin, negotiating with Arrington as well

Lavar Arrington? I thought he was close to signing with NYG

Yep, apparently Marvin Lewis loves Arrington. The Bengals are also going after Sam Adams right now.

EDIT - rumor now confirmed

Dallas has cut Keyshawn Johnson because of a roster bonus, but the team has not ruled out bringing him back. If he doesn't come back, it sure opens a spot for a certain former Philadelphia Eagle to join Parcells.

Niners add Antonio Bryant

We broke this one yesterday.

Also, Titans sign former Indy LB David Thornton and WR Antonio Bryant goes to the 49ers.

--------------------

As for my take on "Me-shawn" getting broke off my the 'Boys, it's more than obvious that Jerry is going to make a run at TO, along with not wanting to fork over a bonus, is the reason Keyshawn was sent packing. I'm thinking he may end up in Denver if the Broncos miss out on Owens.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived