Los Angeles Angels Concept

Shumway

I still have a love for the mid-90s look of the Angels, like in Angels in the Outfield. So, I tried to combine that look with what they have now. I went back to navy as the primary color of the uniforms, like in the past. I also kept "Angels" on the road, rather than putting "Los Angeles" because traditionally, the Halos have had "Angels" on their jerseys.

AngelsMix.gif

C&C Please

I still have a love for the mid-90s look of the Angels, like in Angels in the Outfield. So, I tried to combine that look with what they have now. I went back to navy as the primary color of the uniforms, like in the past. I also kept "Angels" on the road, rather than putting "Los Angeles" because traditionally, the Halos have had "Angels" on their jerseys.

AngelsMix.gif

C&C Please

The navy, sleeves, and alt make them look like the Indians. I like the primary logo with the interlocking "L" and "A" though. I'd keep the home uni's all white too. Other than that, it looks crisp! ^_^

I know one thing, i'd liked their 95-96 alts, which had the CA on front and ANGELS on the sleeve...had a modern old-timey feel to it, in a way.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I know one thing, i'd liked their 95-96 alts, which had the CA on front and ANGELS on the sleeve...had a modern old-timey feel to it, in a way.

Yeah, I liked those too. I have a J.T. Snow Starting Lineup figure in that uniform.

I do really like these, but I'm also going to have to agree that these seem very Indians-like, with a pinch of Twins.

I think it's going to be difficult to make a design that isn't going to remind someone of other team when it's used as much as it is. That's the problem with a color scheme that looks that good.

Overall, good work.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

not that this has a whole lot to do with their concept, but if they switched to the blue hats you got here, the Angels would have a damn sharp look, I think.

Now, back to the business at hand, I would put the sleeves back on these unis and do what winghaz said. I'm not sure if I buy the blue alternate, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ^_^

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I like these a lot, except I think I would prefer an all white home primary, with the vest as an alt. I especially like the LA cap logo.

Speaking of the vests, are these actually supposed to be vests or one piece jerseys with colored sleeves? The blue stops at the edge of the shoulder when looking at them from the front, but it continues to the neck on the back view, so it isn't clear. Maybe that is just a product of the template you are using.

I also love the mid-90s Angels look (memorialized in Cal's 2130 and 2131 games). Overall, I can't get used to the Angels as basically a red team (just like I never got used to the Rangers as a red team). I really wish they would go back to the navy, with red as more of a complimentary/trim color.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Speaking of the vests, are these actually supposed to be vests or one piece jerseys with colored sleeves? The blue stops at the edge of the shoulder when looking at them from the front, but it continues to the neck on the back view, so it isn't clear. Maybe that is just a product of the template you are using.

They are supposed to be vests, it's the template. I did some altering on the front by adding a white/gray part to cover the shoulder, but I forgot to do the back.

angels need to bring back the halo around the cap, even as an alternate. it would go great with this concept.

I was going to put the halo around the top, but since it's on the logo already, I didn't want to be redundant. I also thought about busting out the logo with the state of california with the halo for a sleeve patch. I still might.

Very nice. :D I'm surprised you ditched the vest completely.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Very nice. :D I'm surprised you ditched the vest completely.

Eh, I like the mid-90s jerseys so much that I basically completely went back to them except that I used he current font and added a shoulder patch.

Quick update.

AngelsConcept2.gif

I like this one a lot better. I can't stand "vest" jerseys. I really like the secondary logo; did you make that up, or has that been around for awhile?

Nah they've had that logo for a while. I have a hat with that on the front.

Hat with logo

Any thought of adding the halo to the A on the jersey? I love the old school logo of California with the halo at the top.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was looking at my Angels jersey, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the wordmark on my concept. I'll hafta put the halo on there.

Love the revision and the omission of the vests. And I'm with you 100% - the pre-Disney Angels uniforms were their best in a long time.

I had an idea though. I liked the fact that the Angels went all red to help them stand out from the Indians and Twins. And while I really like this concept, it does sorta move them back into blending in with those other teams a little. So... why not do the reverse? Go with navy lettering outlined in red, and red caps with or without navy bills? I know the Twins used to have those caps (and they brought them back every now and again last year), but they had script lettering with those jerseys. Block letters with the color combo above would be unique.

Halos would be awesome.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived