National Invitational Tournament

Gary

no...thats my answer and i'm stickin to it

well you don't know what your missing

All you're missing out on a phony Final Four between teams number 66, 67, 68, and 69 in the nation.

That's pretty sad if any team actually raises an NIT Championship (66th best team in the nation) banner in their gym. I would rank that right up there with throwing up a pennant in baseball saying you're "Wild Card Champions". Ridiculous.

it's better than no championship at all.

There is a championship. It's called the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. It involves 65 teams and ends with the Final Four. It's actually going on as we speak. Perhaps you've heard of it.

6uXNWAo.png

All you're missing out on a phony Final Four between teams number 66, 67, 68, and 69 in the nation.

That's pretty sad if any team actually raises an NIT Championship (66th best team in the nation) banner in their gym. I would rank that right up there with throwing up a pennant in baseball saying you're "Wild Card Champions". Ridiculous.

There is a championship. It's called the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. It involves 65 teams and ends with the Final Four. It's actually going on as we speak. Perhaps you've heard of it.

true, but again, i'd rather be involved in the postseason somehow instead of being at home. Agree to disagree, but i'd rather have the NIT championship than no championship at all, even if it is for the 66th best team in the country.

College football is full of meaningless bowl games pitting games between teams that finished 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th in their conferences, right?

Would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament?

I'd take the NIT victory and anyone who says otherwise is kidding himself.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

A lot of people rip on the NIT for only having the teams that didn't get invited to the Big Dance and the winner can only say that they're the 66th best, but let's face it, these are not BAD teams here. A lot of teams got the shaft because of all the politics in the NCAA's picks.

I find it hard to believe that Oral Roberts is better than Michigan, yet Oral Roberts made the dance, and Michigan didn't.

Do I really think that Michigan could win it all? No, but I'm sure that they would have had a better chance then at least 40% of the teams that got in.

My 2 cents, probablily worth less than that...

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Win the NIT. I'd rather end the season with a win until we get to talking about a certain point, like the Sweet Sixteen. I'd definetely take losing in the Sweet Sixteen over winning the NIT.

IUe6Hvh.png

Depends on the team. However, realize that the NIT is about as good as it gets for some schools. It's been ages since an independent school made the NCAA tournament. It doesn't matter if an independent goes unbeaten or not, there's no way they'd make the Big Dance -- they don't play a strong enough conference schedule. They might make the NIT though.

LvZYtbZ.png

I would much rather go into the NCAA Tourney as a 16 seed with little chance and play Duke or some awesome powerhouse with at least a chance at winning the NCAA National Championship than be a part of any NIT game where nobody cares, watches, or even remembers who the winner is.

"Congrats. You just won the right to be called the 66th best team of 2006. Wear that NIT ring with pride, loser."

6uXNWAo.png

I know they aren't going to win, but I'm pulling like crazy for Old Dominion. My dad graduated from there in 1977.

I'd rather win the NIT. Sure everyone that goes to the NCAA Tournament can say "at least we went to the Big Dance." However, there is something about winning a tournament that is indescribable. The team the wins the NIT would have had NO shot to win the NCAA tourney anyway.

If you're gonna go, you might as well win it. I guaran-damn-tee more people will know who won the NIT last year than who got knocked the :censored: out in the first damn round.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I know they aren't going to win, but I'm pulling like crazy for Old Dominion. My dad graduated from there in 1977.

I'd rather win the NIT. Sure everyone that goes to the NCAA Tournament can say "at least we went to the Big Dance." However, there is something about winning a tournament that is indescribable. The team the wins the NIT would have had NO shot to win the NCAA tourney anyway.

If you're gonna go, you might as well win it. I guaran-damn-tee more people will know who won the NIT last year than who got knocked the :censored: out in the first damn round.

Thank you my observations exactly, well not the ODU winning it all, because we all know Michigan is winning it all.

If I'm at a small school and, during my senior season, our school has it's best chance at making the NCAA's for the first time in 20 years, I'd take that first-round loss over winning the NIT. At least I could say I was a member on the team that made the Big Dance.

Thank you my observations exactly, well not the ODU winning it all, because we all know Michigan is winning it all.

HA! I repeat, HA!

Alex Loughton is going to smoke those Maize colored morons like they were getting smacked with an NCAA Probation.

Now, I know this sounds strange, but here's a crazy stat that might boggle your minds.

8 teams are still left playing, right? Well, here's the conference breakdown.

SEC: 3 (Florida, LSU, South Carolina)

CAA: 2 (George Mason, Old Dominion)

PAC-10: 1 (UCLA)

BIG EAST: 1 (Louisville)

BIG TEN: 1 (Michigan)

The CAA has more teams alive then the Pac-10, Big East and the Big Ten. Amazing.

HA! I repeat, HA!

Alex Loughton is going to smoke those Maize colored morons like they were getting smacked with an NCAA Probation.

Now, I know this sounds strange, but here's a crazy stat that might boggle your minds.

8 teams are still left playing, right? Well, here's the conference breakdown.

SEC: 3 (Florida, LSU, South Carolina)

CAA: 2 (George Mason, Old Dominion)

PAC-10: 1 (UCLA)

BIG EAST: 1 (Louisville)

BIG TEN: 1 (Michigan)

The CAA has more teams alive then the Pac-10, Big East and the Big Ten. Amazing.

well Dustin, we shall see, I think it'll be a good game, but we'll talk about this at the end of the game ;)

btw, Those Maize and Blue Morons are on top by 9 at the half

HA! I repeat, HA!

So what about them Maize and Blue Morons?

66-43 the Maize and Blue, last time I knew it that was an ass whooping behind the tool shed win

*grumble grumble* So I was wrong... Sue me. I didn't think Loughton would lay an egg. Also, I just hope this isn't a preview of what George Mason does in Indy.

Oh, and here's a cookie for you, lilg. As long as you don't rub it in. ^_^

*grumble grumble* So I was wrong... Sue me. I didn't think Loughton would lay an egg. Also, I just hope this isn't a preview of what George Mason does in Indy.

Oh, and here's a cookie for you, lilg. As long as you don't rub it in.  ^_^

nah not going to rub it in, just going to say GO BLUE and be done with it :P

Archived