Padres concept

OB33

I decided to take a break from making endzones and whip out a some jerseys for San Diego. Basically I took some cues from the 80's and tried to put it together into something respectable. Nothing too groundbreaking but I'm trying to get the hang of Illustrator and thought this would be a nice startup test. (On a side note, is there an easy way to do pinstripes in Illustrator?)

padseata7ky.png

Hat Detail:

sddetail3ko.png

Alternate Hat/Patch Detail:

hatdetail4ec.png

C&C

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Yeah, I'm enjoying this one as well. I'm not too fond of the pinstripe look for the Pads, but they did it in the past, so I get your reasoning. However, I think with pinstripes, there shouldn't be piping.

These look really great. In my opinion, the Padres have the worst uniforms in baseball. And bringing back the old colors is definately an improvement. The only thing I'd maybe change is the shadow color on the brown jersey. The orange drop-down is too close to that yellow and it makes it look fuzzy to me. What if you just changed it to white? I think that would make it look a little better. Great job on these.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

• 2 weeks later...

Right off the "bat"...

-check your pinstripe pattern. I'm sure it is just an oversight, but you may want to re-do the sleeves.

-ditch the front number. doesn't complement the wordmark at all.

-lose the sleeve trim on the pinstripe jersey. pin-stripes and horizontal stripes don't go well together.

-add some contrast to the yellow and orange on the wordmark on the brown jersey. if you must have the shadow effect, put a brown outline around the yellow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Count me in as a brown skeptic. Even though the Padres had some good years in brown and yellow, MAN, does that look dated. I don't think of San Diego as one of those cities that's stuck in the past, so I don't think their uniforms should reflect that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived