2006 Penn State Football Official White-Out Shirt

BroadSt_Bully

Penn State is having a contest for students to design the White-Out t-shirt for next football season. The field of 63 entries was narrowed to 4, but 3 of them are absolutely atrocious. In the meantime, there was a MUCH better design that was rejected for the "final four". Check them out...

Link to final 4 designs

Link to 2 that were rejected

Here's a bigger, more deatiled version of the front and back of one of the rejected entries:

whiteoutfront1wg.gif

whiteoutback0wj.gif

Yeah, this one is much better IMO. I honestly don't like any of the final 4. I wouldn't wear any of them, even if by some odd reason that I didn't hate PSU. I was actually accepted to go there, but chose elsewhere.

Whats with the messed up paw print on that one rejected design, I thought cats only had 4 small paw prints not 5.

The four-toed paw design is a registered trademark of Clemson University. The five-toed paw is an extremely popular car magnet for Penn Staters.

Whats with the messed up paw print on that one rejected design, I thought cats only had 4 small paw prints not 5.

The four-toed paw design is a registered trademark of Clemson University. The five-toed paw is an extremely popular car magnet for Penn Staters.

Popular, maybe, but it still represents something that doesn't occur in nature. It has always made no sense to me, particularly as other schools have used the four-toed paw at the same time as Clemson.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Right, Im sure their specific paw print logo is a trademark of Clemson, but they dont have the trademarked rights to all cat paw print designs. Ive seen loads of stuff in my life for sale with a paw print on it.

is it just me, or do these T-shirts never end up cool? the ones Oregon have used the last two years have been LAME and relied on puns on the word "Duck". The one you show on the first post looks pretty cool (with the snowflake and paw print), but it's still really busy on the back....but of course that's not one of the finalists.

institutions annoy and confuse me sometimes :blink:

harperdc.gif

Those final 4 designs are cheap looking. The one you posted is light years better than the remaining turds.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The one posted here is very, very nice. Know who did it?

The others are crap. D was the only acceptable one, and thats just the front. The back of it sucks, too.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The 5 paw print is an official Penn State Logo.

Says who? It isn't according to this: http://www.licensing.psu.edu/artwork/

All the more reason to think it is ridiculous.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That's a sharp-looking shirt Dave. Is that a student design or a Nike design?

Good question. I'm not sure. This is the first year Nike has produced the tees, but I know they did the same as the last few seasons in having a couple of choices, which would lend me to think it was student-designed. I will see if I can dig those up.

spikes.jpg

Archived