Official NHL playoff thread

Shane Does Art

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the team with the most Canadian players on it is.....Anaheim!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Sure about that?

Anaheim - 16

Edmonton - 17

http://www.edmontonoilers.com/gameday/ev03...?opponent=Ducks

This is going to be a great series.

If you count just this page, then it was even. (And for some odd reason, the Oilers have 5 extra players listed on your page.)

I hope the Oilers fans see that this series will be no cakewalk.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Anaheim played just fine tonight, I'm happy with the way they played. Some things could've gone better. But, the refs seriously screwed us on this one. A whole bunch of missed calls. Oh well, I'm looking forward to Game 2.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I hope the Oilers fans see that this series will be no cakewalk.

:blink:

Hmm, I don't think any Oilers fan thought this series would be a cakewalk, especially not me. And I still don't think that. If anything with Anaheim having the higher (or lower?) seed, home ice advantage, and a lot of rest coupled with a single day off for the OIL, I think Mighty Ducks' fans thought they could waltz over Edmonton. Everyone knows this isn't over and game one was the idicator, this is going to be a long, tough series.

teams-1.png

Anaheim played just fine tonight, I'm happy with the way they played. Some things could've gone better. But, the refs seriously screwed us on this one. A whole bunch of missed calls. Oh well, I'm looking forward to Game 2.

Yeah how does Roloson get away with all that tripping and punching?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

What about his loose helmet taht always semes to magically fall off when hes facinga barrage of shots.

Yeah, like when the puck hits him in the helmet and causes his two back straps to come unhinged. No goaltender wants to have a helmet half off their head, so he shakes it off to make sure it isn't a distraction. Nice try though.

teams-1.png

I never see it fall off other goalies head with like it does Roloson it seems a little odd to me

It must just be pure coincidence. He has gotten smacked in the mask quite a bit during this playoffs and it tends to knock his clasps that hold the mask together. If its loose, its better to have not have it at all then to have it moving and covering your vision. It happens to other goalies too, but for some reason Roloson just keeps getting his claps dislodged.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Just got back from the Sabres-Canes game. Awesome game. I nearly puked myself with excitement as the 3rd period was winding down.

There were A LOT of Buffalo fans in the crowd, and I have a feeling they'll all be back on Monday.

Get this, I went to the box office before the game, and they STILL had tickets for sale for this, and the other 3 games.

I already had my game 1 tix, and picked up seats for games 2 and 7.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Oilers fans rock Anaheim

School band's long-planned trip to Disneyland coincides with series

Some quotations of note:

"It's weird to not see anyone wearing a Ducks jersey or a hat or anything," Williams said. "I would have thought in the playoffs it would have picked up at least. You can hardly even tell you're in Anaheim."

He said there is still plenty of hockey excitement in the city, but it was all coming from vacationing Edmontonians they'd run into.

"It seems like there are more Oilers fans than Ducks fans down here," Williams said. "Everywhere we go, people are screaming 'Go Oilers,' because they see the jersey, but you don't see that support for the Ducks."

OilersDucks3.png

teams-1.png

The Oilers have them right where they want them, however this isn't over yet. Ask the Sharks how they liked their 2-0 lead after winning the first two games by the same scores. Hopefully it's not a bad omen. Winning in Rexall for the Ducks is going to be really tough. If they don't, then Edmonton could have a long break before the next round, which IMO is what's hurting Anaheim right now.

Roloson is amazing.

teams-1.png

The Oilers have them right where they want them, however this isn't over yet. Ask the Sharks how they liked their 2-0 lead after winning the first two games by the same scores. Hopefully it's not a bad omen. Winning in Rexall for the Ducks is going to be really tough. If they don't, then Edmonton could have a long break before the next round, which IMO is what's hurting Anaheim right now.

Roloson is amazing.

You're right in that it's definitely not over yet, but the Sharks took a 2-0 lead by winning their first two games at home. Edmonton took a 2-0 lead by winning their first two games on the road. Unless Anaheim evens it up at 2 up in Edmonton, I couldn't see them coming back from a 3-1 deficit.

Gotta give him credit 2 Goals Allowed 2 Assists in 2 Games.

THe Oilers were very smart getting him, imagine iof the Senators got him, I guess they blew that one

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived