Official NHL playoff thread

Shane Does Art

all of you should listen to that. because there is DEFINITLY booing during the star spangled banner. if you dont notice it then you must have the worst case of selective hearing ever documented.

and FWIW, I was there for game five as well. No, I didn't boo O Canada. However, I did chant LETS GO SHARKS the whole way thru the singing of it the same way the fans in edmonton chanted LETS GO OILERS thru the star spangled banner.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all of you should listen to that. because there is DEFINITLY booing during the star spangled banner. if you dont notice it then you must have the worst case of selective hearing ever documented.

Indeed, there is.

That's justification for doing it back? All that proves is your fans are on the same level as the ones that started it. Not just specifically the San Jose fans, but all of them that did it. What about being better than the other crowd and taking the high road?

Didn't the Islander fans burn a Canadian flag in the NCC parking lot one playoff year against the Leafs?

and FWIW, I was there for game five as well. No, I didn't boo O Canada. However, I did chant LETS GO SHARKS the whole way thru the singing of it the same way the fans in edmonton chanted LETS GO OILERS thru the star spangled banner.

Your "eye for an eye" mentality amazes me Mike.

Is there anything wrong with having class?

It's obvious that there was a few idiots who decided to boo the anthems in both San Jose and Edmonton. Does that make it good either way? Of course not.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Your "eye for an eye" mentality amazes me Mike.

Is there anything wrong with having class?

Chaim, don't even attempt to comment on something you know nothing about.

From what Ive experienced, having "class" does nothing but brand you a pushover. I learned that at a very young age.

Sometimes retribution is necessary, Mahatma Gandhi be damned.

When I was in elementary school there was this kid that kept messing with me and despite my attempts to ignore him and shun off his physical and psychological tormenting, he kept at it. Until one day I finally told myself that I had enough and took one of those old school tin lunch pails and smacked him across the skull with it, opening a pretty good size gash in his forehead. Oh yes, I got sent to the principal's office. Yes I got suspended. However, when I did return to school, that kid never even LOOKED at me the wrong way again, let alone said anything to me.

So yes, Ill take short term consequences in exchange for long term piece of mind any day. Its a small price to pay as far as Im concerned.

Is it wrong for any fan to boo a national anthem no matter what city it occurs in? No question it is. However I find it extremely baffling how the initial booing of the star spangled banner in Edmonton was so convinently overlooked, yet the booing of o canada in San Jose is an international incident. No, it doesnt make it right either way, but to not expect some form of retaliation is just downright naive. I do expect it to happen in Edmonton tomorrow night, no matter how much anyone doesnt want it to. There is nothing anyone can do about it, it is bound to happen. In a perfect world no booing of any anthem ever happens. However this is not a perfect world, and the sooner everyone realizes that the better off we will all be.

These are great

reel-honesty.jpg

Hmm... Mezaros, Chara, Spezza, Smolinksi, Havlat, Heatley, Alfredsson, and Volchenkov.

Typical, no Hasek... :mad:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well, looks like we know what the Edmonton fans decided to do: Cheer on the Stars and Stripes. Good for them, they did the right thing by not booing in retaliation.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

There, hatchet buried. No one booed an anthem tongiht.

FOoks, if you want to play "we're classier than thou" start another thread. from now on, this thread is for game discussion only. Tonight is going to be one hell of an emoptional one, and if we got back to Cali for game 7, this series is going to be one of the best in a long time.

Have a nice day, and remember, Big Brother is watching you...

Archived