Official NHL playoff thread

Shane Does Art

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ducks in Seven.

YOU WISH B*TCH! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else really starting to hate Oilers fans? <_<

Not really... but I'm still waiting for the annual Sharks fans rants about how the world wanted them to lose and how every official is against them.

Now that's annoying.

I'd like to point out that this is not an attack

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Just to give a pool update...

If Anaheim wins the Stanley Cup:

If Anaheim beat Buffalo in the Finals:

nsentv wins the pool.

If Anaheim beat Carolina in the Finals:

rams80 wins the pool if Carolina beat Buffalo in 4, 5, or 7 games.

OMMF wins the pool if Carolina beat Buffalo in 6 games.

If Buffalo wins the Stanley Cup:

winters in buffalo wins the pool.

If Carolina wins the Stanley Cup:

rams80 wins the pool if Carolina beats Buffalo in 4, 5, or 7 games, and beats Anaheim or Edmonton in 4, 5, or 7 games.

OMMF wins the pool if Carolina beats Buffalo in 6 games, and beats Anaheim or Edmonton in 4, 5, or 6 games.

OMMF wins the pool if Carolina beats Buffalo in 4 or 5 games, and beats Anaheim or Edmonton in 6 games.

BCBoy wins the pool if Carolina beats Buffalo in 6 games, and beats Anaheim or Edmonton in 7 games.

OMMF and Shumway3319 will tie for the pool if Carolina beats Buffalo in 7 games, and beats Anaheim or Edmonton in 6 games.

If Edmonton wins the Stanley Cup:

If Edmonton beat Buffalo in the Finals:

rams80 wins the pool if Buffalo beat Carolina in 4, 5, or 6 games.

winters in buffalo wins the pool if Buffalo beat Carolina in 7 games..

If Edmonton beat Carolina in the Finals:

rams80 wins the pool if Carolina beat Buffalo in 4, 5, or 7 games.

OMMF wins the pool if Carolina beat Buffalo in 6 games.

Should Carolina beat Buffalo in 7 games, OMMF and Shumway3319 will be asked to submit a tiebreaker via PMs to me, to be decided at the time.

LvZYtbZ.png

Anaheim, Buffalo, Edmonton, and Carolina in the Final Four.

Quick, someone look up the Hockey News 05-06 Yearbook! See where they were predicted to finish! I'll do the same when I get home in a few minutes.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Question: How many of the teams remaining made the playoffs in the 2003-04 season?

Answer: Not a one. Nay, nay, nay.....

That was going to be tonight's stumper

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Question: How many of the teams remaining made the playoffs in the 2003-04 season?

Answer: Not a one.  Nay, nay, nay.....

That was going to be tonight's stumper

There's a first! Someone answering a stumper BEFORE the question is asked ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

OK, the predictions from The Hockey News.

Final would be: PHILADELPHIA over CALGARY - Both teams eliminated in first round.

Anaheim - Predicted 3rd, Finished 6th, but in the Final Four, so I guess that works out.

Buffalo - Predicted 13th, Finished 4th, DEAD WRONG.

Carolina - Predicted 14th, Finished 2nd, DEAD WRONG AGAIN.

Edmonton - Predicted 8th, Finished 8th, and they're actually right on!

So, they turned out to be more accurate in the West than the east.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Getting back to the booing in game four for a second.

I didn't hear any boos (I listened to the clip posted), but I read from others at the game that the booing that Shark fans heard on their broadcast was the fans reacting to Joe Thornton's face being on the video board at Rexall.

Anyway:

LET'S GO OILERS! :grin:

Edit: in no way am I making excuses for those who were apparently booing during the anthem in game four.

Ducks in Seven.

Not really... but I'm still waiting for the annual Sharks fans rants about how the world wanted them to lose and how every official is against them.

Now that's annoying.

Uhhh.... I'm surprised at that comment. Wow. <_<

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Ducks in Seven.

Now that's annoying.

oh jeez...

:D

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Ducks in Seven.

Is anyone else really starting to hate Oilers fans?

Now that's annoying.

Uhhh.... I'm surprised at that comment. Wow.

oh jeez...

:D

My lawyers will send you a bill for intellectual property. :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I don't hate the Oilers franchise, but in a way. I am beginning to hate their fans. Too much like the Calgary fans, they're becoming almost obnoxious on the Ducks message board. Now, I'm sure they're are some Ducks that are running their beaks as well on the Oilers board. But, I'm one of those fans who is more for rooting his team on than RANTING about their opponent. Good luck to Edmonton, but I'll be going with my MIGHTY DUCKS on this one.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I don't hate the Oilers franchise, but in a way.  I am beginning to hate their fans.  Too much like the Calgary fans, they're becoming almost obnoxious on the Ducks message board.  Now, I'm sure they're are some Ducks that are running their beaks as well on the Oilers board.  But, I'm one of those fans who is more for rooting his team on than RANTING about their opponent.  Good luck to Edmonton, but I'll be going with my MIGHTY DUCKS on this one.

Not all Oiler fans :)

Internet Message Boards can bring out the worst in people. The anonymity seems to allow for the loss common sense and decency :(

On the Oiler's boards, they've suspened new signups due to traffic and opposing team fans being too abusive. They've also warned about abusive posts:

I have noticed a fair bit of people showing a bad sense of judgement and character when replying to posts. People who express their feelings of another team and emphasis that they are fans of that team, it does not give another person the right to attack them.

Here is an example of some of the replies:

"Go Home TROLL!"

"Shut up TROLL"

"What are you on Drugs?"

This type of conduct has been used by Oiler Fans and other NHL Team Fans who post here on a regular basis.

People have to show better judgement and constraint when replying to posts. This is not a Smack Forum and it is not intended for people to use for that purpose. If people continue to "Smack" others here or in other Forums, threads/posts will be locked-up or trashed.

Warnings will be issued !

This website is for Fans of The Edmonton Oilers and ALL Hockey Fans, the message-board is here for everyone to use .

I've been a fan of the Oilers since the WHA (I'm 36). I have the teams I don't like (Calgary, Vancouver, Dallas, Colorado) which are for the most part rivalry teams. But I respect those teams, and the fans of those teams.

I don't understand the mindset where insults are acceptable - maybe I'm just too damn old - what happened to manners? Hopefully this is only a part of the internet culture, but eventually I fear it may be a part of everyday life...

That's why I like it here - for the most part everyone treats each other respectfully.

Ducks in Seven.

Now that's annoying.

Surprised people noticed, or surprised someone actually said something?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived