Official NHL playoff thread

Shane Does Art

I've just had a random thought - should Edmonton win the Stanley Cup, both Kevin Lowe and Craig McTavish will have their names appear on the cup as both players and management for the team. Only once has someone appeared on the Stanley Cup as a player, coach and a GM. Now I'll be like Tank and ask a question:

Who is the only person to appear on the Stanley Cup as a player, coach and GM?  ^_^

My guess would be Lester Patrick.

WRONG!

Come on guys, I'm sure someone knows the only person to ever have his name on the Stanley Cup as a player, coach and GM.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just had a random thought - should Edmonton win the Stanley Cup, both Kevin Lowe and Craig McTavish will have their names appear on the cup as both players and management for the team. Only once has someone appeared on the Stanley Cup as a player, coach and a GM. Now I'll be like Tank and ask a question:

Who is the only person to appear on the Stanley Cup as a player, coach and GM?  ^_^

WRONG!

Come on guys, I'm sure someone knows the only person to ever have his name on the Stanley Cup as a player, coach and GM.

Art Ross, of course.

Player: Kenora Thistles

Coach and GM: Boston Bruins

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Lester Patrick did win the Cup as Player, Coach, and GM.

1905-1906: Montreal Wanderers as a Player

1927-1928: New York Rangers as GM and Coach (an if you want to get down to it a player also because that was the series he went in goal because the Rangers goalie got hurt).

1933: New York Rangers as a GM Coach.

http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/Legend...st=ByName#photo

1927-1928: New York Rangers as GM and Coach (an if you want to get down to it a player also because that was the series he went in goal because the Rangers goalie got hurt).

He's right. Art Ross didn't complete the hat trick until 1938 (as coach of the Bruins)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

WRONG!

I'll take an additional stab and say Al Arbour

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Usually I atleast like to watch the goalies (because that's what I play), but unless Roloson does something stupid/funny he's boring to watch too. He's a good positional goalie, but that's why he's boring. It never looks like he's doing anything.  :P

Fellow goalie here, always nice to meet another netminder. As a goalie you should realise that Roloson's style isn't flashy because he never puts himself in the position were he would need to make amazing saves. He's always where he needs to be. It may night be as exciting as watching Hasek bend backwards to stop a shot, but there's a lot to be said for a goalie who never puts himself in a situation where he has to make the highlight reel save.

And goodbye Ducks. It almost feels like the franchise is folding knowing that I'll never see them play again. The Mighty Ducks will live forever! One of my favorite teams growing up.

Why? The team is growing up, they're dumping a childish name and logo for a respectible identity. Like when the Magic got new uniforms, the Ducks change represents a team growing up, a franchise with a new, proud identity. It'll still be the same team, the same franchise, don't worry. Just one that's grown up.

Atleast the Mighty Ducks name which might seem silly to some (why? I have no idea. It's fine to me. Just because it's named after a movie makes it bad? I guess the Angels are a bad team name too) it's alot better and makes way more sense than just "Ducks". Hopefully the fans will atleast keep the MIGHTY Ducks alive in word only and are understanding about the identity change.

It is a silly name, and not for being named after a movie. The name itself screams peewee hockey. The logo looks like something a 10 year old would come up with.

And please god DON'T use those concepts that we saw awhile ago. What a joke.

IMO they were all very good (except the Duck on steroids, looks like a Thashers logo).

They should wear bright orange jerseys and call themselves the "Duckhunters". Atleast being associated with a video game would make more sense than an animal thats probably impossible to find in the Anaheim area.

How many jaguars are in Jacksonville? Or panthers in Carolina, or penguins in Pittsburgh?

How many jaguars are in Jacksonville? Or panthers in Carolina, or penguins in Pittsburgh?

FYI: The main arteries of the Pacific Flyway for migratory birds (including ducks and geese) skirt just around the LA Metro Area.

http://library.fws.gov/Pubs/pacific_flywaymap.pdf

Whyte Avenue in Edmonton is the actual real name of the street. The "Red Mile" in Calgary was just a nickname for the street named (if I'm not mistaken) 17th Avenue.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

If we want to get technical, it's 17th Avenue SW, as Calgary is divided into geographical quadrants.

As for Edmonton's postgame party street, I wish Ron McLean and others in the media would quit calling it "The Blue Mile." Jeez, Edmontonians aren't the insecure ones who need to have some cheesy name attached to a street. Whyte Avenue is quite fine, thanks.

teams-1.png

As for Edmonton's postgame party street, I wish Ron McLean and others in the media would quit calling it "The Blue Mile."  Jeez, Edmontonians aren't the insecure ones who need to have some cheesy name attached to a street.  Whyte Avenue is quite fine, thanks.

[sarcasm]because whyte mile maybe perceived as something racist. Blue Mile is less offensive. [/sarcasm] :P

instead of the whyte mile, why not the Oil Pool or the Sea of Oil?

since the oil and canes will be in the finals, we can call it Oil War VII

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Nope, wrong again. He didnt win as a player, a coach and gm, two of those duties were combined into one and thats not the name I'm looking for.

Art Ross is wrong and so is Al Arbour.

Keep guessing guys, I know someone knows it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hopefully we'll never have to see eggplant and jade in action again.

It's not their colours that bothered me, it's the name/logo. The whole "Mighty Ducks" thing was immature and childish. I was hoping that the words "Mighty Ducks" never had to be engraved on Lord Stanley's Cup for all eternity. As long as Anahiem follows through with their plans to change their ID package up, then I'll never have to worry again. I don't mind "Anahiem Ducks" on the Cup, just not "Mighty Ducks of Anahiem" or "Anahiem Mighty Ducks".

Well, it looks like u got ur wish. And I hope we never have to see another Edmonton Oilers team engraved on that sacred Cup. Carolina or Buffalo should own u guys in the Finals. Roloson can't save Edmonton too much longer. That team is gonna fall apart sooner or later. Sooner the better.

I didn't know Icecap was a hardcore Oilers fan... the guy said he didn't like the name Mighty Ducks of Anaheim and you basically assumed he was.

Guess what... most people hated that name and are glad it will never ever go on the cup.

I never said he was a harcore Oilers fan.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Cory Stillman puts Carolina up 3-2 with a power play goal to win Game 5 4-3.

Can they finish the Sabres off Tuesday night?

Nope!

Game 7 in Raleigh...HERE WE COME!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Lester Patrick Cup story.....

In 1925, Lynn and Muzz Patrick, the sons of Victoria Cougars manager-coach Lester Patrick, discovered the Cup in the basement of their home, and scratched their names on it with a nail. In 1940, their names would be properly engraved on it as members of the New York Rangers. They also urinated in the Cup with teammates.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived