Cleveland browns concept contest

TruColor

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well it is a vector templete, and from your designs, i don't beleive you have a program that really deals with vecorized objects.I tried to create one off of that templete in Photomax pro, but it really didn't look very good. Sorry I can't help you out to much, but if you really want to try the blank vectorized templete, i have it here

Copy and Paste

Thanx a bunch. I'm sure it will work. Maybe I just need more practice on my designs. Again, I really appreciate it.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Okay, well, I don't do uniform concepts very often... in fact, hardly ever. But, this one sounded interesting for some reason. I have two versions of my concept.

The first is using the colors that PANTONE specified exactly (here's a link for anyone who can't see it):

browns-champagne.jpg

...and the second one is a slight modification on those colors, making the copper color a richer, darker orange color, and the changing the yellowish champagne to a cream/off-white color (here's the other link for anyone who can't see it):

browns-burnt.jpg

Also, in both, I added the new B-crest to the sleeves. Sorry, but I'm just not digging the champagne in the mix. It seems much too yellow to be paired with brown and copper. Winds up looking like a dirty toilet seat. Just my opinion though!

By the way, Avenger, nice job on your concepts. I like the strategic placement of the dog-head on the chest. Very nice touch.

By the way, Avenger, nice job on your concepts. I like the strategic placement of the dog-head on the chest. Very nice touch.

Thanks, man. I like your concept as well. And I have to agree that the champaign doesn't work as well as the brown and copper. I do like your ivory color, though.

The B logo and the dog logo can out at the same time this year.  Both good logos, IMO.  I added an extra stripe to my B logo to match the striping on the rest of my stuff.

Wow, Discrim, you're right. The striping is very similar.  I just want to say that when I saw Discrim's jerseys mine were finished except for the #'s.  Purely coincedental.

I really do like what Nirtoseed did, though realistically I don't think they could fit the stripes, logo, and sleeve # on the sleeve/shoulder of a jersey, what with the sleeves being so short nowadays.

I think I'm gonna work with mine some more and produce new versions.  Thanks for the comments.

I was thinking about putting the B on the helmet, actually that's the way I originally had it, but it seemed TOO old school.  Also I didn't like having the stripes on the logo on the side of the helmet, and the main stripes on the center of th helmet.

Wow, Discrim, you're right. The striping is very similar. I just want to say that when I saw Discrim's jerseys mine were finished except for the #'s. Purely coincedental.

like they say, great minds think somewhat alike :D  though it was only in the helmet stripe and one of my pants, the resemblance is there.

edit: i got somethin to say about both avenger and nitroseed's stuff:  avenger's...all i can say about avenger's is i can visualize the browns replacing orange with copper and looking sharp.  nitro...yours, especially the second set look like what a mix of Texas and Wyoming would spawn...but then i could say that about almost all of these :laugh:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i really dig the color combo (has a classic yet modern feel to it), so i had to try something. http://www.geocities.com/qjjwave/brownsunis.gif

copy/paste

comments as usual wanted

BTW: Sabers i really like the concept, i really think it works well

and Discrim, as always lookin' good

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME! I absolutely love this concept. That template is awesome too. The colors work very well for this concept. I think the Browns should look into something like this. I am a big fan of the numbers you used as well. The only thing I don't like is that the champagne should be used behind the B on the helmet logo. Otherwise, solid concept!!!

Nitro and Avenger, you have equally awesome concepts which I applaude you for. I agree with the idea of using different jersey and pant sets. I for one am a fan of variety indstead of the same old thing. Awesome job, gentlemen.

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

Man, I completely overlooked Evan's concept. That's a really nice setup there. The only problem I have with it is the B logo in the helmet. I think it looks good, don't get me wrong, but the Browns having a blank helmet is like their trademark, just as the Steelers having the logo on one side of their helmet is theirs. Otherwise, a very solid concept and I apologize for overlooking it. Great job, Evan!

hey thanks for the kind words you guys! I really appreciate it!

Oh yes Brenty the font i used is called Accidental Presidency incase you want to download it for something (its a free font of course:) )

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

I like Avenger's the best with Nitro's less-orangey concept coming in a close second.  The only thing I'm not digging on Nitro's is the number font.  I think a traditional block font would work best but my opinion is also greatly skewed by my overall preference for block fonts for football uniforms.

This color scheme is just tremendous.  I'd love to see a football team run with it.  Are you listening Western Michigan U?  Wyoming?

I don't mind Wyomind rocking the brown and vegas gold like they have right now. I'd rather see somebody like Bowling Green use it.

Something about brown and orange just doesn't jive for me.

One of the biggest things I like about the copper color for the helmets, is that it is a brownish color. It's always bugged me that a team called the "Browns" had the color orange so prodominate in their identity. I think this color scheme would be a definite step up for their franchise, but I am also not a traditionalist.

The only thing I'm not digging on Nitro's is the number font. I think a traditional block font would work best but my opinion is also greatly skewed by my overall preference for block fonts for football uniforms.

I would have done that, except I don't have a traditional collegiate font, so I used the next closest thing I had. If anyone knows what the name of it is, I'll go find it somewhere. (Or if anyone happens to have the Mac version of it, you can send it me. Much abliged!)

I don't mind Wyomind rocking the brown and vegas gold like they have right now. I'd rather see somebody like Bowling Green use it.

Something about brown and orange just doesn't jive for me.

One of the biggest things I like about the copper color for the helmets, is that it is a brownish color. It's always bugged me that a team called the "Browns" had the color orange so prodominate in their identity. I think this color scheme would be a definite step up for their franchise, but I am also not a traditionalist.

i gotta open up the mystical Book of Football Legend here...ah, okay, here we go: when Paul Brown was selecting the colors he would outfit his Cleveland team in (i don't remember whether or not the team had been named at that point), he was told that orange and brown went together real well.  cus it's somewhat known that a 'Name the Team' contest yielded the name 'Panthers' but Brown nixed it cus it was 'associated with failure' and wanted nothing to do with it(one of the old AFLs had a Cleveland team of that name).  of course we know what happened next, but the chosen colors sort of contradicted his statement of steering clear of failure, as-you guessed it-the inept St. Louis Browns were still around.  their colors: take a wild guess. :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived