From Final Four to the NFL

SEMOSTLfan

Marcus Pollard anyone?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

julius peppers.. didnt he play for some kind of basketball institution?

At least he played football also while he was at NC. I kind of feel bad for all of those players that are only college football players and dont get drafted/signed, they work so hard in college, then some guy from basketball comes in without playing at all and gets signed.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

julius peppers.. didnt he play for some kind of basketball institution?

He played for UNC basketball and football making him another athlete to make the Final Four and the Super Bowl.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Donovan McNabb is the only athlete to play in both the Final Four and the Super Bowl...

Actaully Waffles, Donovan never saw a single minute in either the Miss St or the Kentucky game in 1996. However, he did play in the tournament. I cannot recall which games though.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

UConn senior Ed Nelson (that big white guy), who declared for the draft, signed with St. Louis.

Ed Nelson signs

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

Donovan McNabb is the only athlete to play in both the Final Four and the Super Bowl...

Actaully Waffles, Donovan never saw a single minute in either the Miss St or the Kentucky game in 1996. However, he did play in the tournament. I cannot recall which games though.

wow you learn something new everyday. I had no idea that Donavan McNabb played basketball at 'Cuse.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

D-Mac played for two years (1996 and 1997) and never started a game.

His best gamecame in the home game v. Georgetown if I recall.

He played 19 minutes in 97-94 'Cuse win.

10 points on 4-5 shooting, 6 boards, 1 block in 19 minutes.

1995-1996:

6 games played

0.8 PPG, 1.5 RPG, in 4.5 minutes per game.

1996-1997:

13 games played

2.8 PPG, 1.3 RPG, in 7.5 minutes per game.

In his final game, he had 3 points, 2 assists, and 1 block in minutes.

How do I know this?

Donovan and I graduated from SU together and in his final year and we occasionaly played ball in Flanagan Gym during his offseason.

He elected to stop playing basketball to focus on football, but continued to play pickup ball with his boys (some other NFL players today) up until the start of Spring Practice. His group and my group would get together about every other Saturday morning to run. He was a great "pick up street baller", if you will, not to mention a real donw-to-earth guy. Still is IMO.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Archived