Controversy in Edmonton

NJTank

Long review going on big debate was it kicked in that puck was lose for a while seemed Legace froze it but it stayed alive and puck went in, then a review over was it was kicked in by Hemsky or not either way the refs go its gonna be controversial now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

GOAL! WOOHOO DIE RED WINGS DIE!

*ahem* I feel better now. :P

[edit] Man, erase a 2 goal deficit to go up 4-3 late in the 3rd? Watch out whoever the Oilers play in the 2nd round!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well, the Senators now have home ice throughout the playoffs now... :hockeysmiley:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm not debating the kick, but that sure looked like a high stick to me. I also thought Smythe shouldv'e gotten a penalty along with the Wing(Williams?) when the Oilers scored the first.

Yes, I'm a Red Wings fan, but no, I'm not making excuses. My team was outplayed the entire series, simple as that.

On the plus side, I do have 2 Oilers jerseys :D , and there's a better shot at a Canadian Cup this year now :flagcanada: .

Edit: In case anyone's wondering, I'm going for Calgary now....McCarty's still my favorite player.

McGeough missed he high stick. In his defense, which I hardly do on HIS behalf, it was very close to not being a hish stick.

Lidstrom helped the puck into the net a littel by pushiing Hemsky.

There was no kick there. If there was, the replay was very inconclusive.

The boys in Toronton and in Edmonton got it right.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

This third period reminded me of the third period of game 6 between Dallas and Anaheim in 2003...right down to the game-winning goal being scored from the left wing with exactly 1:06 to play.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well, looks like we found ourselves a home grown goaltender for next season!! ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

McGeough missed he high stick. In his defense, which I hardly do on HIS behalf, it was very close to not being a hish stick.

the puck the last thing it touched was actualy legace's glove it hit the back of his glove before it crossed the line. So if they look at that if HE DID kick it which it since it hits hit left leg pknees region the last thing it touched was the glove so it doesn't matter.

spacer.png

the puck the last thing it touched was actualy legace's glove it hit the back of his glove before it crossed the line. So if they look at that if HE DID kick it which it since it hits hit left leg pknees region the last thing it touched was the glove so it doesn't matter.

Can you please re-phrase so I undertand what your point is?

There was no kicking motion because Lidstrom, God bless him, helped Hemsky's momentum towards the net.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Long review going on big debate was it kicked in that puck was lose for a while seemed Legace froze it but it stayed alive and puck went in, then a review over was it was kicked in by Hemsky or not either way the refs go its gonna be controversial now.

Geez dude, use some periods....

It looked like a clean goal to me. The puck looked to be at or just below crossbar-level, so that negates the high-stick. The puck appeared never to be in Legace's glove, and eventually bounced in.

Geez dude, use some periods....

When youve got sixteenthousand posts you aint got time for periods slows you down too much to keep that pace up

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I say it was no goal, I don't see the puck hitting Legace glove last and if the puck hit his body which it did, and there way a kicking motion, which there was ( you can see it on the net came. if the puck hit's anything other then your stick and you motion then it's no goal. i glad Edmonton one, but I don't think that shoud've been a goal. I'm gonna say right now that Manny Legace goes to Ottawa, and CuJo returns home to the Maple Leafs.

untitled-6.jpg

could Legacy go to Detroit for Biron. Miller has the number one job cemented, and which makes Biron available, maybe the sabres deal him for Legacy as he would make an excellent back up to Miller.

just a thought. I certainly wouldn't mind kicking Snow to the curb and bringing in Legacy, though we wouldn't get detroit to bite on that one.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived