Tampa Bay Lightning concept

pflava

The OVERALL DESIGN: I'm not in love with the current Tampa Bay unis, but I think they are solid at least. I'm sorry to say that your concept does very little for me. I see what you were going for, but I don't think you've hit it.

THE SHOULDER PATCH: this is actually pretty tight. simple, but elegant. effective. i liked it, until......

THE MAIN LOGO: i'm not uber-familiar with Florida's geography but i looked on a map....it seems to be in the same area, so can I assume the lightning bolt is pointing to the city of Tampa Bay? If that is indeed the case you just developed a sweet f'n ass secondary logo. as a primary, I don't like it, especially with the white circle, which i realize you did as a contrast and a way to make the logo pop out more, but it just doesn't work.

So, keep plugging away...darken the blue like my predecessors discussed, and I vote you move this primary logo to secondary status and work on a new primary. you could be on to something. :flagcanada:

Yea, the bolt is pointing right at St. Pete (at least it's trying to).

Here it is in darker blue...

Lightning.jpg

I agree that it needed to be a bit darker. As for the main logo, honestly I can't come up with anything better, so I'm sticking with it. I tried just a simple lightning bolt, but it ended up looking a little superheroish.

I appreciate the feedback so far.

use tampa bays current colors and there current logo.

Well that wouldn't be much fun! We are trying to be creative here, well I am at least. Oh and it is THEIR not THERE.

"There" indicates a place as in, "I live here not there." It is the opposite of "here." "Their" is the possessive of "they", as in "They live there but is isn't their house." Here you want to indicate that the house belongs to them. "They're" is a contraction of "they are", so that to say, "They're over there in their new house" means "They are over at that place in the new house that belongs to them."

Here is a tip for ya...type your message in Word spell and grammar check then post it.

As for the the concept, A for effort. While the Lightning have a lame logo their jerseys are strong. Their name is very dynamic but like the Jets in the NFL it seems like most here miss the mark IMHO. The lighning bolt you use looks like the one in Photoshop shapes. Try a somthing on the line of the Chargers. Oh and I agree drop the state of Fla. outline. Because they are the Tampa Bay Lighning and do not represent the entire state. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The jersey design is nice, but the logo looks like a penis being shocked by a lightning bolt.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

use tampa bays current colors and there current logo
so....what do you suggest to change?

the colors and the logo :rolleyes:

Er... useU02262.pngchange

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

use tampa bays current colors and there current logo
so....what do you suggest to change?

the colors and the logo :rolleyes:

To what pray tell?

The current ones? :wacko:

Doing such a thing really defeats the purpose of this concept. <_< All you are left with are modified side paneling, and that's just no fun.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived