MLB Batting Helmets

axl007

They look like a friggin photograph. :D

Thanks for putting the bar way way up there.

If I may be so bold, what are you using and how long is it taking you?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

That's pretty amazing- :notworthy:

One thing that I notice as a Braves fan -> For some reason or another, the batting helmet is different from what is on their field caps. I'd say the logo on the helmets look 'constipated' compared to the hats

For reference:

a_jones.jpg

Are you planning to do the other 18 teams? :notworthy::notworthy:

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

That's pretty amazing- :notworthy:

One thing that I notice as a Braves fan -> For some reason or another, the batting helmet is different from what is on their field caps. I'd say the logo on the helmets look 'constipated' compared to the hats

For reference:

a_jones.jpg

Are you planning to do the other 18 teams? :notworthy::notworthy:

ive always noticed that about braves helmets.

why?

abnnj.png

These are vector graphics in CorelDRAW. I'm still learning the gradient effects though. I sprained my ankle playing ball so I've been working on these (and the football helmets) all weekend.

The Twins one is what Joe Mauer and Mike Redmond wear at home while catching.

256dy87.jpg

I am thoroughly impressed. this smiley's sometimes brought out for inferior :censored:, but this deserves it :notworthy:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Brilliant work, as usual.

If I may, a couple of nitpicks:

EXPOS: The white panel wasn't triangular the way the Braves, Blue Jays and others' helmets were. It was a straight line down from the apex of the helmet to just before the lateral edge of the brim. Also, the red panels stopped just beyond the earflaps. The backs of the helmets were royal blue. And the red panels met at the apex of the helmet, slightly thicker than a tapering point. The blue and white panels never touched.

BREWERS: The white front panel was shaped like the Expos' front panels - with straight sides that didn't have any curve or triangularity to them.

Still... I agree with the :notworthy: assessment. Great googily moogily!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

abnnj.png

These are vector graphics in CorelDRAW. I'm still learning the gradient effects though. I sprained my ankle playing ball so I've been working on these (and the football helmets) all weekend.

These are very nice. One question, however -- did the Expos ever wear helmets like this? I thought they only ever wore the solid blue and the full pinwheel (for lack of a better name), which had a blue panel in the back.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Thanks everybody. After I saw the old braves helmet I tried to make the other ones by memory (shows how good that is!). The new Orioles helmet I fudged because I couldn't find the current one, if anyone has any pics of any of these helmets I'd fix em. Thanks for all the tips, I'm rusty on my baseball.

fearthelion, yes use it.

axl

Did the pirates have a fake button on top?

CLHEL2.png

Wow. Amazing work.

Extreme nitpick: on the first set, the logo angles are a little off on the Marlins and Cubs. They look a wee bit flat.

The second round looks beautiful.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

abnnj.png

The Twins one is what Joe Mauer and Mike Redmond wear at home while catching.

I Did notice that when I saw the White Sox-Twins game on Sunday and I like it. I'd wondered if this is a sign that the Twins is finally going to get rid of it's stripes uniforms and go back to thier 80's look?

Axl, one another thing I've noticed as I stare at these in amazement...

The triangular panels all keen a little bit toward the left (earflap) side of the helmet. If it can be assumed that the logo is placed squarely in the middle of the front of the helmet as determined by the brim, the triangle's apex isn't in the middle of the helmet.

One thing that may help as a placement cue would be adding the vent holes to the crowns of the helmets. Catcher's helmets have 2 vent holes, placed along the sagittal axis. Helmets with earflaps have the 4 holes arranged in a square around the top. Here, the apex of the triangular should split the pair of forward vent holes.

Looking forward to the rest of these...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived