Ticats reveal new 3rd helmet

steve61

Also, did anyone else have a hard time reading this topic with all these misspelled words?

I wish people would learn how to spell the word the...

It is NOT spelled teh!!!

If I have seen that once, I have seen that a 100 times here on this board.

I know that people will say it is a simple mistake. But take some pride in what you write and make it so people can read it.

At least that is what I try and tell my 8th graders. :P

(Climbing down off my soapbox and tucking it away until another day.)

What misspelled words?
im not loving the helmet. first its white, so now they have three diferent colors with the pants beign black and the jersey yellow. I also dont like having a different logo specifacly made for the helmet.

Should be everyone's friend

I prefer Strunk and White's "Elements of Style". I give that to every new hire in my firm each fall.

It's my bible.

I've got both. That, along with Turabian, were required books for my writing seminar. I picked up the full Chicago Manual of Style after I graduated. Good stuff that both don't cover if you're ever in the mood for arcane citations. :)

Ah, Katie Turabian.

I have my mom's copy from college, and every time a new edition comes out, I buy it for sentimental reasons.

Ok, so we're grammar dorks.

What misspelled words?
im not loving the helmet. first its white, so now they have three diferent colors with the pants beign black and the jersey yellow. I also dont like having a different logo specifacly made for the helmet.

Should be everyone's friend

I prefer Strunk and White's "Elements of Style". I give that to every new hire in my firm each fall.

It's my bible.

I've got both. That, along with Turabian, were required books for my writing seminar. I picked up the full Chicago Manual of Style after I graduated. Good stuff that both don't cover if you're ever in the mood for arcane citations. :)

Ah, Katie Turabian.

I have my mom's copy from college, and every time a new edition comes out, I buy it for sentimental reasons.

Ok, so we're grammar dorks.

Well, it's what happens when you teach Jr. High and High School English for a living... ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I believe that came from the loins of Dan Simon.

According to a Hamilton newspaper it did.

TiCats one time helmet

I like it--I think it looks great--and while I am not against white shells, I think this would look better with a yellow shell.

Still nice job on doing a special look.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I believe that came from the loins of Dan Simon.

According to a Hamilton newspaper it did.

TiCats one time helmet

I like it--I think it looks great--and while I am not against white shells, I think this would look better with a yellow shell.

Still nice job on doing a special look.

Reminds me slightly of the Towson University mark we did.

Also, for comparison, it's on a yellow helmet.

Towson.gif

If it's not broken...

Not broken? The TigerCats' leaping cat logo has quite the flexible spine, as any normal critter can't turn its body like the logo shows. Whilst I realize that the TiCats have always had a cat lunging like that, and it's been getting better over the years, the cat in the logo still looks funky.

HAM_1491.gif

HAM_2327.gif

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Also, did anyone else have a hard time reading this topic with all these misspelled words?

I wish people would learn how to spell the word the...

It is NOT spelled teh!!!

If I have seen that once, I have seen that a 100 times here on this board.

I know that people will say it is a simple mistake. But take some pride in what you write and make it so people can read it.

At least that is what I try and tell my 8th graders. :P

(Climbing down off my soapbox and tucking it away until another day.)

Don't loose your head, man...

LOL!

(Yes, I know, it's "lose." I'm not one of those morons...)

nav-logo.png

If it's not broken...

Not broken? The TigerCats' leaping cat logo has quite the flexible spine...

What he meant is that the image RichMGH posted is broken. More accurately, it looks like nationalchamps.net doesn't allow remote linking, instead redirecting the request to an ad. That's pretty savvy on their part, really.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If it's not broken...

Not broken? The TigerCats' leaping cat logo has quite the flexible spine...

What he meant is that the image RichMGH posted is broken. More accurately, it looks like nationalchamps.net doesn't allow remote linking, instead redirecting the request to an ad. That's pretty savvy on their part, really.

OK, my mistake.

But it gave me the perfect opportunity to poke at one of the (personally) more irritating logos in sports. ^_^

Archived