Saints Relocation Concept

GMS1122

amazing - love the primary, LOVE the secondary, LOVE the wordmark, love the colors...great work

only nitpick is with the photoshop...as someone else mentioned, you've got a stripe on the helmet (which i like...you should add it to the concept images, in my opinion) and the "c" is backwards on that side of the helmet...other than that, this concept is as good as i've seen in a LONG time

jldesigns404eo.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Job! But I guess I'm gonna really nit pick here....the chin on the copperhead should be rounded it looks to me like he is either old or has a beard. 100% behind the copper helmet. It is the most under used color in sports.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Yes this concept is very tight! Not so complicated in design as the Vikings, Card's or Falcons. But 2 join the ranks of the 'nitpickers'...you forgot the pants stripe on

the Reggie Bush, concept!

Love the work here. Since it is already at a great point, I have only small corrections to really make this something special.

1. The logo is great. I know you're curling the snake into a "C" but the counter space needs to become tighter in order to "lockup" the logo. I would bring the head in tighter and make the black outline 2 or 4px thicker. It would still keep the C intact, but add more tension to the logo.

2. On the secondary logo. Again, you really know your stuff, but the black markings on the top look a little messy. I would reflect the one on the right to line up with the slope of the Alamo roof like the left one does. I would take out the "screened out" markings all together and make the alamo slightly bigger. Next, the lockup of the S,A and star looks unfinished. There is a way to can combine all those elements together to make them connect. Move the left point of the star into the negative space of the top "S" curve to combine them. Almost like the left side of the star creates the right side of the S. Then move the A to the left and allow the right point of the star to create the "counter triangle" of the A. You may have to add some extra stuff to create the triangle, but it will be worth it. What this will do is create some great positive/negative contrast and add a little something extra to be marveled at. Once you do this, you can play around more with color and stroke options.

I'm really just a logo guy, so I find the picky details in everything. BUT THIS IS A GREAT CONCEPT. The unis are sharp and the copper hats look great. Keep it up.

Love the work here. Since it is already at a great point, I have only small corrections to really make this something special.

1. The logo is great. I know you're curling the snake into a "C" but the counter space needs to become tighter in order to "lockup" the logo. I would bring the head in tighter and make the black outline 2 or 4px thicker. It would still keep the C intact, but add more tension to the logo.

2. On the secondary logo. Again, you really know your stuff, but the black markings on the top look a little messy. I would reflect the one on the right to line up with the slope of the Alamo roof like the left one does. I would take out the "screened out" markings all together and make the alamo slightly bigger. Next, the lockup of the S,A and star looks unfinished. There is a way to can combine all those elements together to make them connect. Move the left point of the star into the negative space of the top "S" curve to combine them. Almost like the left side of the star creates the right side of the S. Then move the A to the left and allow the right point of the star to create the "counter triangle" of the A. You may have to add some extra stuff to create the triangle, but it will be worth it. What this will do is create some great positive/negative contrast and add a little something extra to be marveled at. Once you do this, you can play around more with color and stroke options.

I'm really just a logo guy, so I find the picky details in everything. BUT THIS IS A GREAT CONCEPT. The unis are sharp and the copper hats look great. Keep it up.

wow, thanks for the great feedback everyone!

i think after hearing a lot of these things im going to revisit this one more time and see if i can perfect it. A lot of the points brought up were good ones (i.e. fixing the snake head, secondary etc...), while others i think would hurt the design rather than help it (i.e. addition of silver).

I'm going to put some of these to work and you'll be sure to see it once updated

thanks again guys

copperheads-choice.gif

alright, heres the old vs new....

i love what rounding the chin and adding a little thicker black stroke did for the logo, improvement in my books.

as far as teh secondary goes, im still unhappy, reflecting the black to curve with the alamo was a good idea, but i couldnt get the interlocking S(star)A to work for me so i just threw something different out there as an idea, and i dont know if im anymore satisfied with is as a whole.

therocheapproach: your feedback was fantastic and really helped, though like i said i couldnt work out the SA idea, if youd like to try and flesh it out yourself feel free. PM me if youd like and i'll even shoot you an .ai version if you need it.

keep the great response coming guys!

EDIT: almost forgot...i did try copper pants on the unis, i personally didnt like them though they could have looked good on feild and most light-darks do..(see: USC, Green Bay, San Francisco, New Orleans etc...)

copperheads-choice.gif

alright, heres the old vs new....

i love what rounding the chin and adding a little thicker black stroke did for the logo, improvement in my books.

as far as teh secondary goes, im still unhappy, reflecting the black to curve with the alamo was a good idea, but i couldnt get the interlocking S(star)A to work for me so i just threw something different out there as an idea, and i dont know if im anymore satisfied with is as a whole.

therocheapproach: your feedback was fantastic and really helped, though like i said i couldnt work out the SA idea, if youd like to try and flesh it out yourself feel free. PM me if youd like and i'll even shoot you an .ai version if you need it.

keep the great response coming guys!

EDIT: almost forgot...i did try copper pants on the unis, i personally didnt like them though they could have looked good on feild and most light-darks do..(see: USC, Green Bay, San Francisco, New Orleans etc...)

I like the old secondary logo better. I think the SA needs to be on there.

I agree the SA needs to be on the secondary; The Alamo is cool, but the SA makes the logo. Other than that, excellent work. I really think the NFL could do with some teams named after snakes and other intimidating predators.

cttdolphins2.png

both of these are improved, in my opinion, though i'd like to see what you could do with the "sa"...i don't think it needs to be there at all cost, though - the alamo is so iconic that it clearly and immediately identifies san antonio

jldesigns404eo.png

The problem is that a lot of people won't realize that's the Alamo; I didn't even realize it even with the SA there until somebody mentioned it. I don't think just assuming people will know that's the outline of the Alamo is too safe an assumption.

cttdolphins2.png

Dude, You're tottaly off the hook with mad skills. Haha iner-ganster! well i personaly am in aww with the pic of Reggie Bush, thats Insane! Uniforms are aweosme to great job

Dom

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

The problem is that a lot of people won't realize that's the Alamo; I didn't even realize it even with the SA there until somebody mentioned it. I don't think just assuming people will know that's the outline of the Alamo is too safe an assumption.

No, but that kind of adds to the allure of it. I didn't notice it until everyone pointed it out, either, but it's almost like the Falcons' "F" in their old logo, the negative-space "H" in the Whalers' logo or the arrow in the FedEx logo - once you see it, it makes the logo that much more clever and well-thought out.

No, but that kind of adds to the allure of it. I didn't notice it until everyone pointed it out, either, but it's almost like the Falcons' "F" in their old logo, the negative-space "H" in the Whalers' logo or the arrow in the FedEx logo - once you see it, it makes the logo that much more clever and well-thought out.

Right on! Or the M in the old Expos logo. Oh and did anyone ever notice that the Brewes old logo looked like a baseball glove and the letters m & b. :P

Back to the concept. The one thing that really is getting to me is that all of the colors are of the same pallet. I think it needs a contrasting color. I don't know what would work but it needs somthing to give it that "spark" .

But it is one of the best postings on here in a while!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived