Kerry Wood hurt again...

BJ Sands

The Chicago Tribune reported today that Kerry Wood has a sore right shoulder and may miss his next start, scheduled for tomorrow night in Florida.

I'm so freaking sick of his garbage. And I'm really sick of the Cubs depending on him. I hope he retires.

Nice spin. How 'bout you actually post the story? Which quotes Kerry as saying:

(It's) Just the regular soreness people have in between starts.  I plan on pitching on Tuesday. Obviously they're concerned with my first start back after surgery. They just want to be careful, but I still plan on making my start.

It's Pitching coach Larry Rothshchild who's concerned with the soreness:

It's possible (he'll miss the start). We'll have to see. He may be ready to go, so we'll see.

Also, note how Rothschild comments that it's a:

small chance

Wood wouldn't start on Tuesday... Dope. :rolleyes:

Moose

Dope is uncalled for. Can you fault him for trying to adjust to the traditional Cubs media machine? Remember? It goes like this.

Wood is just a little sore but he'll be okay.

Wood is sore, so we're gonna push his start back a day.

Wood is a little worse than we thought, he'll miss his start.

We're not sure what's wrong! We'll have to push his next start back.

We're gonna play it safe and cancel this start too.

Kerry Wood is going to go on the 15-day DL.

We're gonna keep Kerry on the DL a little longer.

By then, we're mathematically eliminated

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If you believe anything the Cubs say, you are the dope. Someone with a Cubs avatar should follow the team and know that the Cubs haven't been truthful about any injury to Wood or Prior EVER.

Dope.

You two should know more then anyone else here that Cub fans are dopes no matter what happens.

This doesn't surprise me, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for another rehab start in Des Moines for Wood. Hell, his last start for the I-Cubs set an attendence record for Sec Taylor Stadium.

You two should know more then anyone else here that Cub fans are dopes no matter what happens.

This doesn't surprise me, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for another rehab start in Des Moines for Wood. Hell, his last start for the I-Cubs set an attendence record for Sec Taylor Stadium.

Is it true that they don't hand out 34 in Iowa anymore? :P

Is it true that they don't hand out 34 in Iowa anymore? :P

Yes, the ICubs equipment manager was quoted in the Des Moines Register as saying something to the effect of "At the beginning of every year I set aside #34 in my office for when Kerry comes to town."

Prior is starting for the ICubs on May 29, if the reports are true.

Is there not a 15-day Active List the Cubbies can put Wood on for those rare occasions when he's healthy?

Maybe my kids will be alive when we celebrate another series appearance (notice I didn't say "win").

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Kerry Wood is never gonna live up to expectations hes already finished I think, and from here out its only a matter of time beoifre he becomes a middle reliver and maybe extenmds his career 5 years.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Dope is uncalled for. Can you fault him for trying to adjust to the traditional Cubs media machine? Remember? It goes like this.

Wood is just a little sore but he'll be okay.

Wood is sore, so we're gonna push his start back a day.

Wood is a little worse than we thought, he'll miss his start.

We're not sure what's wrong! We'll have to push his next start back.

We're gonna play it safe and cancel this start too.

Kerry Wood is going to go on the 15-day DL.

We're gonna keep Kerry on the DL a little longer.

By then, we're mathematically eliminated

Then it's the final cutdown day for Spring Training.....

So the Cubs tell the truth once. Whoop-de-freakin-do!! Let's plan the parade for early November. This is the first time I can remember that the Cubs may not have been lying about the severity of an injury.

For a guy who isn't hurt, Mark Prior sure has missed a lot of games. Didn't the Cubs say he wasn't hurt in spring training?

It's moronic, trusting, blind fans like you that make it possible for the Cubs to put out a product that is as bad as this one. As long as people like you continue to blindly follow the Cubs, they won't think twice about having a team like this one.

So, let me get this straight. You're calling me a dope for not believing what the Cubs say about Wood? Where the heck have you been the last three years?

What I'm saying is you completely mis-represented the article in this thread title by saying Kerry Wood was "hurt" again (and further hid the info by not posting a link). Show me where, in this Trib article, it uses the word "hurt." There's a long way from "sore" and "hurt." Also, it said he "may" miss a start. Well, guess what? He isn't going to!

And, BTW, how about some of you watch PTI, and Tony Kornheiser and get a clue what "dope" is all about?

Moose

So the Cubs tell the truth once. Whoop-de-freakin-do!! Let's plan the parade for early November. This is the first time I can remember that the Cubs may not have been lying about the severity of an injury.

For a guy who isn't hurt, Mark Prior sure has missed a lot of games. Didn't the Cubs say he wasn't hurt in spring training?

It's moronic, trusting, blind fans like you that make it possible for the Cubs to put out a product that is as bad as this one. As long as people like you continue to blindly follow the Cubs, they won't think twice about having a team like this one.

So, let me get this straight. You're calling me a dope for not believing what the Cubs say about Wood? Where the heck have you been the last three years?

Right....and then bash people for coming back to the cubs when (if) they start winning? "Bandwagon" you'll say.

If I were a cubs fan, I would still support them. But I wouldn't show up at wrigley. I would watch the games, follow in the papers (not the tribune of course) and listen on the radio (If you can stand Santo for long enough)

Just don't show up. If the Cubs didn't sell out a few games, maybe some of hte higher ups would get the point. but until that happens, why should they waste money? The point of winning (to an owner) is putting butts in the seats. If they are doing that now, why do anything about it. Until its broke, they ain't gonna fix it.

What I'm saying is you completely mis-represented the article in this thread title by saying Kerry Wood was "hurt" again (and further hid the info by not posting a link). Show me where, in this Trib article, it uses the word "hurt." There's a long way from "sore" and "hurt." Also, it said he "may" miss a start. Well, guess what? He isn't going to!

And, BTW, how about some of you watch PTI, and Tony Kornheiser and get a clue what "dope" is all about?

Moose

Once again, you believe anything you hear. All pitchers are sore after starts, but when it makes the news, one can think that something is wrong. When the soreness is so bad that the pitcher may miss a start, it's important. And when it's Kerry Wood and the Cubs, the word "hurt" should pop into anyone's head.

May miss start isn't the same as will miss start.

(I did miss the Dope joke.)

Except for the move to KTRS, I envy you Cardinal fans.

i honestly havent minded the move to ktrs as much as i thought i would. I like the pregame and postgame coverage devoted to just the cardinals especially shannon's postgame show from his restaurant even though a lot of people can't stand him im a big fan. And John Rooney is just excellent ive been really impressed by him.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Except for the move to KTRS, I envy you Cardinal fans.

i honestly havent minded the move to ktrs as much as i thought i would. I like the pregame and postgame coverage devoted to just the cardinals especially shannon's postgame show from his restaurant even though a lot of people can't stand him im a big fan. And John Rooney is just excellent ive been really impressed by him.

I love Rooney - enjoyed him with the White Sox and when he'd call games on ESPN. However, KTRS doesn't reach up here like KMOX did/does. I figure there are a lot of disgruntled Cardinal fans around the Midwest (my boss among them) because they can't listen to the games on the radio anymore.

ON TOPIC - Even if he were healthy right now, it wouldn't matter.

It's where I sit.

Archived