Nfl equipment jerseys

Chazberg

I've been meaning to start this topic for a long time, pretty much since they came out. Personally, I really hate the Equipment replicas, for a number of reasons. First of all, obviously, they are a much bigger hit on the pocket, with a price $20 more than they used to be.

Second, although they might have a better construction, what with the side panels and team-specific designs, but they also have many bad features. First of all, Reebok doesn't use the bigger back numbers of the authentic jerseys, as Nike and Puma did on their replicas. They use the same small front numbers on the back, which looks terrible.

Third, Reebok doesn't even use the correct number font for teams like the Buccaneers, Chargers, and Cowboys (navy jerseys). Fourth, I personally hate the whole "NFL Equipment" campaign, and I can't stand that logo on the front of the jerseys instead of the classic NFL shield.

Lastly, as a Bears fan and jersey expert, I know Reebok uses not only the incorrect back numbers but also the wrong sleeve numbers, which are just miniaturized versions of the front numbers when they're supposed to be a different, more compact font. I also hate the sizing, and overall I don't see any justification for a $20 hike other than a stupid patch on the collar and side gussets. I'd love to hear what you guys have to say on the topic, as I still believe Nike was by far the best replica jersey producer.

I think that the increase in the price sucks. I bought a black McNabb, white McNabb and a custom green 25 Daniels (my personal number and last name). The black and white jerseys aren't bad, but my custom was screwed up from the start. they didn't use the right font on the nameplate and when I call the NFL shop, they said that there was nothing they could do about it since they never advertised the correct font for personalized jerseys even when I had the operator open the actual catalog I had ordered it from and the ad said as close to authentic without the $200+ price tag. I proved them wrong and they still said that unless the name was misspelled, I was S.O.L.. I will never buy another reebok NFL equipment replica. I'll just shell out the 279 for an authentic.
93-94canucks.jpg

I've purchased a bunch over the past couple months, and all in all I'm happy with them. To be honest, I didn't really notice the number problems at all. Not saying that they don't exist, they just weren't noticable enough for me to notice without a lot of inspection.

I've got a few Nikes and I like the construction on the Reeboks much better. They feel sturdier, and I like the fact that the patterns are team specific and and emulate what the pros are using.

I can definitely understand your beefs with them though, especially on the personalized ones.

the price got jumped, but you get what you pay for. The construction of the jerseys is of much higher quality than the replica jerseys of the past. Thank You, Reebok.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I know I am in the minority on this, but I think an NFL replica jersey for $75 is absurd. The material is cheap, the numbers are printed on, and the jersey cuts are horrendous. I will never buy one. I would much rather buy a $10 tshirt instead.

Also, since the NFL authentics have gone to hell in a handbasket when Reebok became the exclusive provider, I am not too much into buying authentic NFL jerseys anymore either.

Yeah, the personalized jereys have always come with that crappy, Champion-esque generic font. That's why I've never gotten one, although I was contemplating getting a Bears Tillman jersey, since his name doesn't have any letters like S or O that look all crappy and rounded. I noticed that the Bears customized jerseys also actually have the correct sleeve font, so it would probably look better than if Reebok were to produce a real Tillman jersey.

My Patriots personalized replica didn't. I think if you order from the team Web site they'll make the replicas lettering-wise identical to the authentics.

I learned this the hard way: I ordered a Dallas jersey for my friend from the NFL Shop instead of from the Cowboys web site, and sure enough, it came with the Helvetica-ish nameplate text instead of the block lettering it's supposed to have.

Word to the wise: order from the team site if you can help it. You'll thank yourself later.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I had a white Patriots Bruschi replica jersey made for me a few years ago, the year before "NFL Equipment" was on them. It is Reebok, and the tag on the lower front says Equipment.

The font and numbering style is very accurate, although I thought the red on the numbers was slightly bright. The only thing I have noticed after wearing it for a few years is the silkscreening of the numbers seems to collect fuzzy lint more than a regular replica. But aside from that I have had no problems.

One funny note...a few years ago when the Steelers were in the playoffs (2 years ago I think, same year the Pats won) I wanted to get a Fuamatu-Ma'afala jersey. There were no replicas of him, so it had to be custom. The NFL Shop people said it couldn't be done, the name was too long and they don't allow punctuation, so no dash or apostrophe were allowed. I wonder how "Fu" can get his shirt done if it rips too much? :)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think thier great. I refused to buy any NFL replica until they came out with these equipment jerseys. I got a red Owens and a white Hearst at the beginning of last year and they still look like new today (well, I baby my jerseys okay. I hand wash them and air dry them all. no machines!)

I plan to get a red Peterson and white Carter soon as well

I agree wth you Chazberg...that's the first thing I noticed when I bought my Pats Deion Branch replica reebok jersey. The numbers are too small on the back an on the shoulders, and since the last name font is "normal" sized, it makes the back number look even tinier.

What's worse is how bad Reebok screwed over guys like me who bought Patriots throwbacks last year. They released them with much inaccuracies (the border around the numbers and striped sleeves featured a navy blue color, when it was supposed to be royal blue, they didn't include sleeve numbers or the blue border around the letters in the nameplate ).I figured, "hey, this is probably as good as they're gonna get" and bought 3 of them. Boy was I wrong when Reebok released "newer" versions of the throwback this year, which now included all of the things they messed up on the first time. Now I gotta buy them all over again! WTF!

So, to make a long story short, I HATE the NFL Equipment replicas...I liked the Starter and Nike replica smuch better, they were WAY more accurate than the pieces of crap Reebok churns out right now...

While I agree the jersey itself is higher quality, paying almost the same price for a hockey jersey is pathetic.  I wanted to get a replica Ken Dorsey jersey (I have friends who know him) but that basic team font (aka Champion-esque font) looks horrible especially on 49er jerseys.  

The numerals are more accurate when a team changes its look.  Also, unique numerals (i.e. Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Atlanta, etc.) are completely accurate.  One note, last year the Bucs had a different font for numbers and was accurate, but they returned to their old font.  

One note: Have you guys noticed since CCM/Koho took over the replicas, that the price has jumped big time?  When I bought my Sharks home (now road) in 2000, it was $70 US.  Now, some stores charge $90-100!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I probably will buy an authentic if I ever buy one based on these complaints.

I would pretty much only buy a Rams one, and right now I refuse to because reebok f's up their cut.

Reebok Authentic (replica does the same thing)

70222828_l.jpg

Actual Rams Jersey

bulger101602l_30781.jpg

That stripe thickness kills me. It's been like this since last year. I hope they fix it.

What really sucks is they have Kurt Warner authentics on sale for about $150 (down from about $220) at the Rams Pro Shop. I'd snatch one up in a second for that steal since I know he'll make it back soon enough.

In short, reebok really sucks at manufacturing.

One note: Have you guys noticed since CCM/Koho took over the replicas, that the price has jumped big time? When I bought my Sharks home (now road) in 2000, it was $70 US. Now, some stores charge $90-100!

yeah, i noticed.  there's only ONE place in town that sells hockey jerseys-ONE!!!-anyway, i can name what they have: Avs whites

Blackhawks throwback black

Nords white w/Sakic 19

Avs burgundy w/Sakic 19

the only one i plan on getting is a white Avs, and it runs in that range...so that blows. :angry:  cus i got my sens swoosh jersey on sale 50% off two years ago :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

One note: Have you guys noticed since CCM/Koho took over the replicas, that the price has jumped big time? When I bought my Sharks home (now road) in 2000, it was $70 US. Now, some stores charge $90-100!

yeah, i noticed. there's only ONE place in town that sells hockey jerseys-ONE!!!-anyway, i can name what they have: Avs whites

Blackhawks throwback black

Nords white w/Sakic 19

Avs burgundy w/Sakic 19

the only one i plan on getting is a white Avs, and it runs in that range...so that blows. :angry: cus i got my sens swoosh jersey on sale 50% off two years ago :D

They've all skyrocketed in the last 8 years or so.  I got a CCM authentic Wings jersey customized during the 1995 playoffs for $155.  During the 2000-2001 season I replaced that jersey and it cost $255.  Both were bought at the Joe, so the price wasn't different because of the retailer.  Looking at the NHL.com shop, the customized authentics are now $269.99.  It's ridiculous.

Along the same lines, I got a customized Wings replica in 1999 for $90.  Now NHL.com has it for $159.99.

Posted: Nov. 08 2003,12:49

What really sucks is they have Kurt Warner authentics on sale for about $150 (down from about $220) at the Rams Pro Shop. I'd snatch one up in a second for that steal since I know he'll make it back soon enough.

Sorry man, but Kurt Warner's never gonna wear a St. Louis uniform after this season. He wants to be traded if they're not gonna start him, and with the way Bulger's been playing, well.....I wouldn't buy an authentic Warner jersey if I were you. I'd go with someone safer like Holt, Bruce or Faulk if I were you dude. I know from experience, I got an authentic Broncos Brian Griese hanging in the closet right now. :D

They suck.  There is NO substitute for the real thing.  Then again, the NFL Equipment logo is retarded and wrecks even the authentics so I won't buy an authentic now either.

Stupid NFL.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

What's worse is how bad Reebok screwed over guys like me who bought Patriots throwbacks last year. They released them with much inaccuracies (the border around the numbers and striped sleeves featured a navy blue color, when it was supposed to be royal blue, they didn't include sleeve numbers or the blue border around the letters in the nameplate ).I figured, "hey, this is probably as good as they're gonna get" and bought 3 of them. Boy was I wrong when Reebok released "newer" versions of the throwback this year, which now included all of the things they messed up on the first time. Now I gotta buy them all over again! WTF!

I'm on the same boat.  I bought a Milloy (Yeah I thought it was a safe buy, that went out the window though) throwback replica.  I didn't see the sleve numbers so I thought that's how they were going to wear them.  Guess what?  I turn on the Pats thanksgiving game and the colors are screwed up and they have the sleeve numbers on them.  The quality of the jersey material for a replica is great, but everything else blows.

Sorry man, but Kurt Warner's never gonna wear a St. Louis uniform after this season. He wants to be traded if they're not gonna start him, and with the way Bulger's been playing, well.....I wouldn't buy an authentic Warner jersey if I were you. I'd go with someone safer like Holt, Bruce or Faulk if I were you dude. I know from experience, I got an authentic Broncos Brian Griese hanging in the closet right now. :D

ah, the "departed star" discount.  a very good friend of mine :;): as one of my jerseys is a bucks ray allen home

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived