2006 WORLD CUP - GERMANY

HollandIcon.png

ORANJE.

You sir are a genius.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

HollandIcon.png

ORANJE.

You sir are a genius.

Damn right. I don't know why, but as long as I've been following what the rest of the world calls Football (World Cup 98, 10 years old), I've listed Nederland as my squad. And yeah, for the England supporter, here's the most annoying webtoon ever. Supposedly you get a "prize" if you sit through the whole thing :grin:

Footy

Someone's gonna see through it...

I don't really care who wins but go USA I guess. It'd be cool to see them win it all or get very far. I may get blasted for this, but go France!!! Sorry guys, I'm part French. :D. The World Cup should be fun to watch as it always is. MLS is ok but The World Cup is great.

That is too inaccurate:

Paraguay.gif

It's PARAGUAY (in Castillan), not "Paraguái" (it's Portuguese). Paraguay has as official languages to Castillan and Guaraní.

Switzerland.gif

I'd put here the Argentinean sig but its light blue tone is also inaccurate. Too light.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

That is too inaccurate:

Paraguay.gif

It's PARAGUAY (in Castillan), not "Paraguái" (it's Portuguese). Paraguay has as official languages to Castillan and Guaraní.

Switzerland.gif

I'd put here the Argentinean sig but its light blue tone is also inaccurate. Too light.

I went with the offical names from Flags of the World, so my translations may be off slightly. I'll fix them tomorrow (too much to do today) and as for the Argentina one, how far off is it, my color perception is weak in the pale blues.

I gotta go with the US - my boy Clint "Deuce" Dempsey's on the team.

That and the fact that I'm American too.

But...

I also have to root for the motherland - Portugal. After all, I have the rooster in my dining room :D

HollandIcon.png

ORANJE.

You sir are a genius.

Damn right. I don't know why, but as long as I've been following what the rest of the world calls Football (World Cup 98, 10 years old), I've listed Nederland as my squad. And yeah, for the England supporter, here's the most annoying webtoon ever. Supposedly you get a "prize" if you sit through the whole thing :grin:

Footy

Holy Batman, thats a coincidence, I too have followed the Dutch since 1998. Basically because I had no other team(lost hope in Canada) to follow, and the Netherlands is the only European country I've been too.....so KNVB all the way!!! Cause of the Dutch and Dennis Bergkamp, my favourite club team beacame Arsenal.

Gotta Love Holland

1. Famke Janssen

2. The RLD

3. The Orange

HollandIcon.png

ORANJE.

You sir are a genius.

Footy

Holy Batman, thats a coincidence, I too have followed the Dutch since 1998. Basically because I had no other team(lost hope in Canada) to follow, and the Netherlands is the only European country I've been too.....so KNVB all the way!!! Cause of the Dutch and Dennis Bergkamp, my favourite club team beacame Arsenal.

Gotta Love Holland

1. Famke Janssen

2. The RLD

3. The Orange

I grit my teeth and cheer for Ruud can Nistelrooij. He needs to come on over to Arsenal... :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

WOW

In scratch mathes overnight, Australia drew 1-all with Holland.....thats a good result for us....when Ruud v. Nistelroy scored on 9mins i thought we were gone so i turned it off and went to sleep....but Timmy Cahill came on after the half and scored off a deflected penalty kick by Viduka.....good result for us as we played the last 30mins with 10 blokes as Wilkshire got sent off.....yeh i wonder how we'd go agaisnt Brazil in the World Cup....there was a time when we had a leaking defence but now with Guus Hiddink, there is No More Gaps and yeh, good result, watch from where i left off after tonights exam.....

Holland are No. 3 in the world we are 42 or about that so thats a good result but we all know the FIFA rankings aren't correct....

also Poland beat Croatia 1-0 and Japan over Malta 1-0 and Brazil over New Zealand 4-0 in which Ronaldo pulled out for with a blister or two....

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

WOW

In scratch mathes overnight, Australia drew 1-all with Holland.....thats a good result for us....when Ruud v. Nistelroy scored on 9mins i thought we were gone so i turned it off and went to sleep....but Timmy Cahill came on after the half and scored off a deflected penalty kick by Viduka.....good result for us as we played the last 30mins with 10 blokes as Wilkshire got sent off.....yeh i wonder how we'd go agaisnt Brazil in the World Cup....there was a time when we had a leaking defence but now with Guus Hiddink, there is No More Gaps and yeh, good result, watch from where i left off after tonights exam.....

Holland are No. 3 in the world we are 42 or about that so thats a good result but we all know the FIFA rankings aren't correct....

also Poland beat Croatia 1-0 and Japan over Malta 1-0 and Brazil over New Zealand 4-0 in which Ronaldo pulled out for with a blister or two....

Damn I wish I had some sort of way to follow my beloved Oranje more effectively. I miss Fox Soccer Channel :cry:

I guess its alright that we tied with Australia. It's not nearly as good as a win, but not nearly as bad as a loss. Either way, we're gonna have to pick it up if we wanna have any chance of getting back to the KO Round and advancing in it.

I am counting the days til this thing starts. Hup Holland, y'all.

Archived