LA Clippers concept

logodawg

With beatnik posting his idea for the Clippers, who definitily need something, I started thinking what I would do. Well, here it is:

I kept the current colors, and the uniform wordmark. I couldn't decide on which version was better, so I'm posting them both.

la_clippers.gif

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I remember a good long while ago someone posted a Clippers concept in which the guy designed an actual clipper (ship). That's what the sails remind me of in your concept. That's not to take anything away from you, because this one actually works better in my mind for the basketball Clippers, who could DESPERATELY use SOME kind of branded identity. Maybe the sails could do that for them. And I don't know why, but some kind of way, in my mind's eye, I'm envisioning the shape of a ship around the "Clippers" wordmark...but that's just me.

Still, what you've got here--that's some tight work folk.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

With beatnik posting his idea for the Clippers, who definitily need something, I started thinking what I would do. Well, here it is:

I kept the current colors, and the uniform wordmark. I couldn't decide on which version was better, so I'm posting them both.

la_clippers.gif

looks good

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

What always irked me about the Clippers' wordmark is the way the "C" is filled in with blue. The blue is there as an outline color, and serves that purpose for most of the wordmark at a given thickness. But the entire inside of the "C" is filled in, and makes the whole wordmark look like the designer didn't give a damn about the details. It's also terribly unbalanced. When they put the wordmark on the jerseys, this imbalance really shows - especially on the home white jerseys.

The concept's cool; Bucco B is thinking of SyPhi's concept which used his own design for a ship, IIRC. (Yeah, and you're right, that was a sweet concept.) I like incorporating something besides the knock-off Laker logo, something that actually attempts to use the nickname as a basis for the logo and team identity. I'd prefer the old San Diego colors (and nautical flags... B) ), but this is better than what they've been using.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Not really a knock against the concept. But why do we need a basketball in almost all the NBA logo's. The NBA has 21 teams with a basketball in their logo, MLB has 12 with a baseball, NHL has only 2 with pucks and NFL only has 2 with a football. End of rant.

I like were you are going, but drop the basketball. If you look at the script the "p"s and "s"s look like sails. Perhaps you can explore that design angle.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I really like B.

And I like both more than the existing logo.

In keeping with the maritime feel to it, I'd like to see how these could be incorporated into it.

I know the Yellow and Black aren't Clippers colours, but LA in maritime flags looks like this:

flagl.gifflaga.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I really like B.

And I like both more than the existing logo.

In keeping with the maritime feel to it, I'd like to see how these could be incorporated into it.

I know the Yellow and Black aren't Clippers colours, but LA in maritime flags looks like this:

flagl.gifflaga.gif

Perhaps one can take artistic license and change the colours of the flag to red and blue? I wouldn't really be for it, but it's an idea. Besides, the flag for "C" is red, white, and blue.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I don't see the difference at all.

The fisrt one has no outline on the script as it enters the basketball and the second one does have the outline

The second one is by far the best

This is true....The second has the white outline around the entire script while the first one doesnt....Therefore, this makes the area between the script and sails look more full and not as empty as the first one...

I like the second one better....Nice job...

Mike

P.S.....I had to look for myself to see if there were really two NFL teams with footballs in their logos...True.....NY Jets and Tampa Bay...

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I think they are both great, option 2 being the better one... I think a logo change like this could give them some idenity and it actually has something to do with their name. Bet they need to keep their current jerseys. IMO they are extremley effetive while being simple. Like the Bulls, Spurs and Celtics. I could see the Clippers using these jerseys forever.

I don't see the difference at all.

The fisrt one has no outline on the script as it enters the basketball and the second one does have the outline

The second one is by far the best

Thank you. That said, I like the second one.

P.S.....I had to look for myself to see if there were really two NFL teams with footballs in their logos...True.....NY Jets and Tampa Bay...

And the Dolphins.

Where?

fins.gif

This is the primary and current from CCSL.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived