Stanley Cup Finals

NJTank

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, this is the most baseless and irrelevant prediction I have seen. Nowhere do you mention anything about Carolina's gameplay, instead basing your entire argument on a complete overexageration and stereotype of the fan base. You might as well say that the Toronto Raptors will never amount to anything, because you might not see a Canadian team winning it all.

And, in terms of the whole southern hockey argument, I give you 3 words.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING.

VmWIn6B.png

Tampa Bay is different than Carolina, Tampa has embraced hockey Carolina still think a puck is a used NASCAR tire, they didnt sell out Game 7 for crying out loud. Tampa has retired Northerners too.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tampa Bay is different than Carolina, Tampa has embraced hockey Carolina still think a puck is a used NASCAR tire, they didnt sell out Game 7 for crying out loud. Tampa has retired Northerners too.

Sorry if this seems like we're jumping on you, but it does seem kinda dumb to make a prediction solely because you think that the other team's fanbase sucks. If you want to use this argument, then don't pick the Heat to win the NBA Finals because I highly doubt with those fairweather fans that they sold out Game 7 from when they played the Pistons a couple of years ago and game 6 this year. (if I'm wrong someone correct me.)

With that being said, as much as I hate Carolina sports as a whole, Go Hurricanes.

It is dumb reasoning. After all the player aren't southerners and they aren't less deserving to win.

That said I'm rooting for Edmonton because I can't stand Carolina and that has nothing to do with where the team is located.

I also think that Rolson is the better goalie

Big deal. Dwayne Roloson can't cover Eric Stall, Rod Brind'amour, Doug Weight, et. al. by himself. As much as I like Edmonton, they can't hang with Carolina, because they can stretch the ice, score in buckets, and most important of all, don't have a single line that needs to be stopped like San Jose or Anaheim. Not saying a sweep, but the Stanley Cup stays in the Sunbelt, son. :flagusa:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

So, the Hurricane fanbase isn't fit to have a Cup, yet they are the exact same fan base that helped elect your beloved GW.

You never cease to amaze. 16,000+ posts and still never ceasing to amaze with pearls of wisdom.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Saying the Hurricanes don't have fan support and saying that they only have 500 fans is really ignorant. Have you ever been to a 'Canes game in Raleigh?? If not, then how can you truly say that they have 500 fans. It looks like they get good crowds to me down there.

Guys, easy. It's just his prediction and his beliefs on how the Cup finals will play out.

Cut him some slack!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So, the Hurricane fanbase isn't fit to have a Cup, yet they are the exact same fan base that helped elect your beloved GW.

You never cease to amaze.  16,000+ posts and still never ceasing to amaze with pearls of wisdom.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2006

Per-Game Attendance Average

Carolina: 15,596

New Jersey: 14,230

New York Islanders: 12,609*

*The Louisiana IceGators averaged full capacity (12,100) for weekend games their first 3 seasons, with a population base that's 10% of the Isles' potential fanbase.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I can see why you're 4-10 in predicting the NHL series. For someone who runs the Sports E-Cyclopedia site, I would think that person would know the game is being played on the ice, not in the stands. Then again, you are a Mets fan, so it is a known fact your head isn't quite screwed on completely.....

Pretty much every Habs fan I know dreaded facing Carolina in the first round they all believed that Carolina was the best team in the East and would most likely be in the Cup Finals. Mind you they were all pleasently surprised after the first 2 games to have Carolina down, but none were surprised that Carolina withered that two game spell and came back to not only win the series but the conference.

ANYBODY who followed the NHL this year should know that Carolina was a force to be reckoned with. They were #1 in the East all year until the final day and still tied Ottawa in wins. You can't call it a fluke because they were in the Southeast division either because they still had to face Tampa Bay and Atlanta 16 times. (And New Jersey, Philly and the Rangers had Pittsburgh and the Islanders as punching bads too and the Northeast had Boston and Toronto.) The mere fact that they have a slightly higher fairweather fanbase has no relevance AT ALL to the success of a team. (A fantastic example of this is New Jersey, who apparently had even worse average attendance than Carolina. Where's your excuse there? Bad location? Die-hards and even fairweathers should be able to look over that and even put up with it.)

However, the Carolina Hurricanes skating with the Stanley Cup can you really see that happening? Carolina Hurricanes written on the Stanley Cup can you really see that happening? Can there really be a parade down town square of Raleigh with all 500 Hurricanes fans and 10,000 fans hoping to see Richard Petty with the Stanley Cup?
That is the simple most prejudiced thing I've ever heard you say anywhere, even politically. Disgusting.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I edited it a bit but I still just cant picture the Hurricane winning I just cant it seems impossible.

Stanley Cup Finals

No kidding. You may as well pick against them in all four rounds.

First Round:

Canadiens in 6

Forgive me for being stubborn and not believing in the Hurricanes, but I do not believe in the Carolina Hurricanes. This is a team with so little fan support walk along the streets of Raleigh and they think the Carolina Hurricanes are some sort of singing group. Sure the Hurricanes did sweep the Canadiens in the regular season, but that was before Cristobel Huet took over in goal for the Habs. When it comes down to it the youth of the Hurricanes will be a major factor and just the tradition of playoff hockey in Montreal will be the other, as the Canadiens win in 6.

Second Round:

Devils in 5

Nobody is hotter the Devils who extended their 11-game winning streak to 15 by sweeping the Rangers in 4 straight. On the way to their sweep the Devils outscored their rivals 17-4. Meanwhile, the Hurricanes got off to a shaky start losing the first 2 at home before rallying to beat the Canadiens in 4 straight winning 3 games in Montreal along the way. However, the moment the series turned in favor of the Canes came when Habs Captain Saku Koivu suffered an eye injury. This time they run into a brick wall and don't recover as the Devils stay hot and win easily in 5 games.

Conference Finals:

Sabres in 6

These teams when they drop the puck may think they are looking in a mirror since they are many similarities. Before the lockout both teams struggled on and off the ice, both teams have turned to rookie goalies in the playoffs with Ryan Miller starting over Martin Biron for the Sabers, and Cam Ward taking over for Martin Gerber for the Hurricanes. Both teams are filled with young stars with veteran captains who have been down this path before, and both teams are coming off stunningly easy victories in the second round. What this series may come down to is who has the best finished and that finisher, with three overtime wins over the Senators the Sabres have shown they are capable of finishing and that's where this series will turn look for several big goals from Chris Drury as the Sabres win in 6 games.

Why is it so hard to see Carolina winning the Cup. Did my brain freeze (oh ho!) or didn't they come close to winning it a few years back?

Edit: Yep, they got smoked in the finals, but I was still right.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived