Los Angeles Angels Concept

AngelsFan5

Hey, I have been saving this for my first post. I like the colors and the logo the Angels have now, but I don't really like how the away jerseys say "Angels". So I just tried to do something mildy different.

C&C welcome (made with MSPaint)

AngelsRoadGraysredtrim.jpg

AngelsTitles.png

LAAsig.png

It's not bad at all. I think that the Angels would want to stay away from blue, because one of their division rivals (Texas) wears blue. The names on the back are too long. They shouldn't run onto the sleeves like that. Use a smaller font size for the name. Other than that it's pretty good.

Hey, I have been saving this for my first post. I like the colors and the logo the Angels have now, but I don't really like how the away jerseys say "Angels". So I just tried to do something mildy different.

Don't tell me that Nintendo bought the Angels today :P

The text is not very "Angels" to me. Neither is that shade of blue.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Hmm... nope, not feelin' it. And it has nothing to do with how excellent the Angels' current set is.

Suggestions:

1. Arch the text. Very few teams use wordmarks that are completely horizontal. Most arch or arc the text, or slant it in a straight line. "LOS ANGELES" is a lot of letters to just run straight across like that.

2. Choose a better font. It's too horizontally-compressed. Based on the picture, "GUERRERO" extends down onto the sleeves. And it's only 8 letters long; how would you manage Garciaparra or Saltalamacchia? Likewise, the "LOS ANGELES" runs into the armpits and wouldn't be able to be seen if the jersey were being worn. And the numbers are too squat, leaving vast areas of blank jersey.

3. Go with a less techno-futuristic theme. This looks like LA Angels circa 2050, after the team moves to our colony on the Moon. The Angels have had a few good looks in their day, but this does nothing for them.

4. Choose colors wisely. LA's "other team", the Dodgers, wear royal blue and are associated the world over with that color. Why would the Angels also make that color their principal color?

5. Details matter. The halo on your cap sits in front of the "A", or so it appears (small picture, hard to tell). The halo ought to be partially obscured by the letter it's supposed to be atop. (And before you say it, MSPaint is not an excuse...)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived