World Cup

Natsfan36

If Ghana can do this to the Czechs whats taht say about the US wow we wont score and we wont come close to a win.

I think the Ghana team just came out to play and their opponents didn't. Kind of like what happened to the Americans monday. The Republic wasn't as good as they looked on Monday just because the US wasn't playing to win, it looked like they were playing for the tie. That same reason is why the US isn't as bad as they looked on Monday.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Poor performance from the Czechs today, if you can get a result from tonights match then you have a very good chance of qualifying. This group is by far the most interesting so far

logo.png

Well look at this, USA is actually playing like they know they're in the World Cup. They've had some damn good chances, compared to Italy, who currently have had none through the first 15 minutes.

Well look at this, USA is actually playing like they know they're in the World Cup. They've had some damn good chances, compared to Italy, who currently have had none through the first 15 minutes.

Nvm what I just said.

Italy 1 - 0 USA

Nvm what I just said.

Italy 1 - 0 USA

nvm what I just said

Italy 1 - 1 USA

Still waiting for an American to score.

Maybe one will this game, now that Italy is down a man?

(Just as an explanation, the goal that the USA scored was an own goal on Zaccardo. So no American has scored yet.)

LvZYtbZ.png

Wait a sec... Lippi, what are you thinking getting rid of Totti?

Side note: This is the first time the United States has been tied in a World Cup game in Europe, other than 0-0. They've yet to lead a World Cup game in Europe.

EDIT: Mastroeni gone? Darn it.

LvZYtbZ.png

Agreed. The ref just wanted to even up sides... why? I don't know, although America isn't the most beloved nation in the world, so that might have something to do with it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The pope sending off was a bit harsh, but the others were both fair. Mastroeni went straight at the Italians ankles with the ref standing right next to him! Still the Yanks are showing plenty of fight!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Did we ever do anything to Uruguay?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

You can't screen the Goalie in Soccer? Or was there something else on that play that made it illegal and wiped out the US goal?

To me not being able to screen the goalie is stupid. It not like you are actually interfereing with him.

You can't screen the Goalie in Soccer? Or was there something else on that play that made it illegal and wiped out the US goal?

To me not being able to screen the goalie is stupid. It not like you are actually interfereing with him.

The goal was wiped out for off side. the USA player was in an offside position, and the linesman decided he was active in the play. Another controversial call though!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

For my money, USA v Italy was the best game of the World Cup so far, definitly for the first 70 minutes. Bith teams seemed to lose there legs in the last 20 minutes, but before that it was fantastic!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

1-1 Final. The US played extremely better than before. Way to bounce back, although a win would've been nice.

The ref was horrible, it was like all o f a sudden he didn't want to give out cards, nor fouls, after he was so quick to the first 60 minutes of the game. I agree with Marcello Balboa, this guy might get sent home by FIFA.

You would be able to, normally. But McBride was in an offside position, and since he was "involved" in the play by screening the goalie, that made the play offside.

philly.png

Archived