World Cup

Natsfan36

Alright, now I'm pretty sure Ukraine isn't for real - they just got smoked by Spain 4-0.

:cursing:

Shevchenko better light it up in the next two to keep the Zbirna hope alive.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, this is what we know after the first game.

Group A

ECUADOR advances with a win.

GERMANY advances with an Ecuador win or tie.

COSTA RICA is eliminated with a loss.

POLAND is eliminated with a Costa Rica loss or tie.

Group B

ENGLAND advances with a win.

PARAGUAY is eliminated with a loss.

Group C

ARGENTINA advances with a win and a Netherlands win or tie.

NETHERLANDS advances with a win and an Argentina win or tie.

CÔTE D'IVOIRE is eliminated with a loss and a Serbia and Montenegro loss or tie.

SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO is eliminated with a a loss and a Côte D'Ivoire loss or tie.

Group D

MEXICO advances with a win and a Portugal win or tie.

PORTUGAL advances with a win and a Mexico win or tie.

ANGOLA is eliminated with a loss and an Iran loss or tie.

IRAN is eliminated with a a loss and an Angola loss or tie.

Group E

CZECH REPUBLIC advances with a win and an Italy win or tie.

ITALY advances with a win and a Czech Republic win or tie.

GHANA is eliminated with a loss and a United States loss or tie.

UNITED STATES is eliminated with a a loss and a Ghana loss or tie.

Group F

AUSTRALIA advances with a win and a Croatia loss or tie.

BRAZIL advances with a win and a Japan loss or tie.

CROATIA is eliminated with a loss and an Australia win or tie.

JAPAN is eliminated with a a loss and a Brazil win or tie.

Group G

KOREA advances with a win.

TOGO is eliminated with a loss.

Group H

SPAIN advances with a win.

UKRAINE is eliminated with a loss.

(note: I list all possibilities as related to the team's last group match -- any 2-0 team clinches after two games unless their final opponent is 1-1. Meanwhile, any 0-2 team is eliminated after two games unless their final opponent is 1-1.)

LvZYtbZ.png

Group H

SPAIN advances with a win.

UKRAINE is eliminated with a loss.

(note: I list all possibilities as related to the team's last group match -- any 2-0 team clinches after two games unless their final opponent is 1-1. Meanwhile, any 0-2 team is eliminated after two games unless their final opponent is 1-1.)

At least we will have looked good doing it.

2006-world-cup-girls06130621.jpg

'Cause aren't the girls the real stars of the World Cup? :D

Germany 1-0 Poland

Wow. What a match. :shocked:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

What a finish. Poland has just sealed their fate as the first team outta here.

Germany should be proud of that win. Now, it's time to focus on a red hot Ecuador team who should easily dispatch Costa Rica tomorrow.

What a finish. Poland has just sealed their fate as the first team outta here.

Germany should be proud of that win. Now, it's time to focus on a red hot Ecuador team who should easily dispatch Costa Rica tomorrow.

Poland's not out yet. If Costa Rica beats Ecuador, Poland can beat Costa Rica, and possibly get in on goal differential (assuming Germany beats Ecuador.)

LvZYtbZ.png

No kidding, about the Germany/Poland match. TONES of chances for the Germans, Podolski missed a great chance, tones of crossbars were hit and for the most part, Germany controlled the game. I'll take a 1-0 victory.

GOOOOOAL! by Crouch!

I for one am sorely disappointed that Crouch didn't do his world-famous robot dance. ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

DARN! Hoping for a miracle goal so T&T can go wild in another upset.

I was just about to say I was dissappointed twofold that England scored and that Crouch didn't do the robot, but as soon as I click "reply", Gerrard scores another goal. Poor T&T, they just got too tired.

Hoping for a draw in the Sweden v Paraguay match.

Then if T&T can beat Paraguay, Sweden would have to beat England as a draw or loss would mean 3rd place at best. T&T have played tough. If they can beat Paraguay they deserve to go onto the elimination round.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Hoping for a draw in the Sweden v Paraguay match.

Then if T&T can beat Paraguay, Sweden would have to beat England as a draw or loss would mean 3rd place at best. T&T have played tough. If they can beat Paraguay they deserve to go onto the elimination round.

Sweden wins. Paraguay has joined Costa Rica on the "Gone" Network.

Anyone else think Crouch's goal should've been called back? He cleary had both hands on the back of Sancho's shoulders to elevate himself, Sancho couldn't even jump. I hate Crouch, he plays lousy all game and has to cheat to score. :mad:

Also, Zlatan looks to be done for the tournament after being injured (groin) in warm ups vs Paraguay.

Archived