World Cup

Natsfan36

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Socceroos play the Japs tonight...C'mon lets go!

Socceroos!

Can Tim Cahill is the man of the match definitely. Too bad ESPN didn't have him listed to vote for. :P

[edit] I post that and the Aussies come back and put in the icing on the cake. Yipee!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Unbelieveable comeback by the Socceroos....

Hiddink looks like a genius for subbing Cahill in when he did.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

They needed the three points because they face the beast known as Brazil in their next game.

I wonder if they are going to build a statue of Tim Cahill on some square in Syndey.

Less than one hour until USA-Czech Republic...I've got my Clint Dempsey jersey hanging outside my office, ready to take my extended lunch at noon, and wearing my red, white and blue polo.

Can't wait! :D

I go take a shower, and the Aussies look like they have given up, and then when i get out they won?

thats almost not fair.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Oh, poor form there by ESPN.

Great idea to show the national anthem of the United States.

But then why run commercials immediately after, instead of showing the national anthem of the Czech Republic?

Either they should show both or neither, and frankly, I'd show both for all games.

LvZYtbZ.png

Not the start I was looking for....

5 minutes in and Koller puts one in the back of the net....

1-nil Czechs

FANTASY TEAMS

As a side note...

Not only has the USA never won a World Cup game in Europe, but from what I can tell, they have never led a World Cup game in Europe, nor have they been tied at a score other than 0-0.

THIS needs to end.

LvZYtbZ.png

As a side note...

Not only has the USA never won a World Cup game in Europe, but from what I can tell, they have never led a World Cup game in Europe, nor have they been tied at a score other than 0-0.

THIS needs to end.

Not good... 2-0 Czechs. :(

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

outscored 21-4 against euro teams in world cup now. they gotta come out fast and get a goal in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half and play from there. i think this game is over because i dont see USA beating the czech keeper 2 times in 45 minutes, but after seeing the japan/austrailia game theres always a chance to come back, even in soccer

Rosicky again...

:censored:

:cursing:

3-0 Czechs

..and the bad times in Europe for the US in the WC continue on...

FANTASY TEAMS

Archived