World Cup

Natsfan36

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a fan of the light blue.

Anyway, here's a recap of we know so far.

Group A: Germany and Ecuador have advanced to the Round of 16 while Costa Rica and Poland are gone.

Group B: England has advanced while Paraguay is out. Sweden can advance with a win or tie or if they lose and Trinidad and Tobago does not score 4 goals in their win over Paraguay. Trinidad and Tobago can only advance if they win by 4 or more goals and Sweden is shutout.

Group C: Argentina and the Netherlands advances while Serbia & Montenegro and the Ivory Coast is out.

WOOOW, Argentina WON!!! I'm right now in Argentina, people is happy in the streets...!!! :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

WOOOW, Argentina WON!!! I'm right now in Argentina, people is happy in the streets...!!!  :D

Until we take the stick to your forehead in the next game. But I'm celebrating too, because ORANJE IS GOING TO THE KNOCKOUT ROUND!!! THE BLOODY DUTCH YEAH BABY!!!

It's a shame though. The Ivory Coast played like heroes out there. If they were in a another group, maybe if they and anybody from the group that Spain is in switched places, then we'd see the Elephants advance. But I feel bad for eliminating them, such a great team.

But now it's time for bigger fish to fry :evil:

Are you part Argentine, or are you a fan of light blue? (Serious question)

I like light blue but it has nothing to do with my life-long support of Argentine Football.

I'm actually Hungarian/Dutch... but the oranje is going down next week :D

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Are you part Argentine, or are you a fan of light blue? (Serious question)

I like light blue but it has nothing to do with my life-long support of Argentine Football.

I'm actually Hungarian/Dutch... but the oranje is going down next week :D

You lie!

Let's admit that you have some fondness for me, your unknown Swiss-Argentinean friend. :D

Ha ha ha! Greetings from Argentina. :)

pennants.png

It's a shame though. The Ivory Coast played like heroes out there. If they were in a another group, maybe if they and anybody from the group that Spain is in switched places, then we'd see the Elephants advance. But I feel bad for eliminating them, such a great team.

Yeah, I think the same stuff... You see groups like the one with Spain (a very, very good team), Ukraine, Saudi Arabia and Tunicia (all the three mediocre teams)... and wonder why good teams like Côte d'Ivoire didn't advance.

There should be a kind of poll among the fans and press to choose the teams to fight one spot in the next round... like the worst second team against the best team that fails to qualify. Per example: Ukraine vs. Côte d'Ivoire.

pennants.png

Argentina looks unstoppable right now.

For Brazil, this is like their regular season and they are on cruise control. I fully expect them to flick the "on" switch after group play and start dominating.

Unfortunately, the US will be toast tomorrow.

Argentina looks unstoppable right now.

Eh, that's because Serbia packed it in before the second half was halfway over. I bet $5 they won't do that to Oranje next week.

No, clearly they won't come close to doing something like that to the Netherlands. I do agree with Davies on espn that Argentina has played the best so far, though.

Once the U.S. is out, the Oranje will have my full support.

He's a fan of the light blue.

Anyway, here's a recap of we know so far.

Group A: Germany and Ecuador have advanced to the Round of 16 while Costa Rica and Poland are gone.

Group B: England has advanced while Paraguay is out. Sweden can advance with a win or tie or if they lose and Trinidad and Tobago does not score 4 goals in their win over Paraguay. Trinidad and Tobago can only advance if they win by 4 or more goals and Sweden is shutout.

Group C: Argentina and the Netherlands advances while Serbia & Montenegro and the Ivory Coast is out.

Almost. If Sweden loses and Trinidad and Tobago wins, the only way Sweden is safe is if both are one goal games. Right now Sweden is a +1 and T&T a -2, so if either game is multiple goals, Sweden could be in trouble.

If the combined margins of victories are higher than 3, Trinidad and Tobago advances. If it's equal to 3, T&T advances if they score 2 more goals than Sweden, and Sweden advances if T&T does not score more goals than Sweden. if they score 1 more goal than Sweden, then it's down to drawing of lots.

LvZYtbZ.png

Hey, beware of the Apache!

tevezelapache8or.jpg

(My apologizes for Mr. Geronimo who was a great warrior and leader)

pennants.png

The African teams have been doing surprisingly well in this world cup compared to the last. T&T tieing Sweden, Angola tieing Mexico, and Gana leading Czech, Ivory Coast playing an amazing game against Netherlands, any other group and they'd advance. I'm seeing dominance by Africian teams in the near future...what about you guys?

The African teams have been doing surprisingly well in this world cup compared to the last. T&T tieing Sweden, Angola tieing Mexico, and Gana leading Czech, Ivory Coast playing an amazing game against Netherlands, any other group and they'd advance. I'm seeing a dominance in Africian teams in the near future...what about you guys?

For starters, T&T is in the Carribean :P

And secondly, the next World Cup is in South Africa. You know some African teams are gonna be wuppin ass then.

BTW, Ghana 2 - 0 Czech Republic is final. No matter what, USA will not be eliminated, at least for today.

This is huge for Ghana because they haven't beaten an European side since 1964.

Also, this can really throw a huge monkey wrench into Group E, especially if Ghana can defeat the U.S. on Thursday.

Archived