TBS uses strange Jays logo

logodawg

So I'm sitting here watching the Jays vs Braves on TBS since my Tigers aren't playing today, and I notice that TBS is using a strange version of the Jays logo as seen below:

tbs_jays.png

Has anyboby esle seen this version before? Or is TBS that dumb since it's obivously wrong with the Jays having their logo on their uniforms are least 3 times.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

So I'm sitting here watching the Jays vs Braves on TBS since my Tigers aren't playing today, and I notice that TBS is using a strange version of the Jays logo as seen below:

tbs_jays.png

Has anyboby esle seen this version before? Or is TBS that dumb since it's obivously wrong with the Jays having their logo on their uniforms are least 3 times.

Its TBS...they never do anything right...have you seen some of the movies they've edited? :blink:

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I can understand using an older logo by mistake since they would have them on file and someone not being up to date so much since not everyone pays attention to logos like we do, but where the hell did THIS come from?!

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Its TBS...they never do anything right...have you seen some of the movies they've edited?  :blink:

:D So true! They cut out the word "ass" once.

I have some favorites from them....

Kingpin - Chris Elliot has a few story building scenes in the movie...he is only in it for one shot in the TBS edit...

Not Another Teen Movie - Why they would have a dildo being used in the opening and censor the word "ass" makes no sense.

Vacation - Aubry says after the crash in the desert "I think I just had my period". On TBS, she says "I think I just wet my pants".

There are some others I don't remember, but they butcher movies...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Its TBS...they never do anything right...have you seen some of the movies they've edited?  :blink:

:D So true! They cut out the word "ass" once.

And they once edited it with the word head in Happy Gilmore

"I'm gonna kick your Head(while Sandler mouths the word ass)"

"Happy what are you doing?"

"Looking for the other end of this bottle....... oh, there it is."

If I remember correctly that is how the sequence unfolded

I also noticed the new Cincy Bearcats logo wasn't used at all on ESPN this year

And they once edited it with the word head in Happy Gilmore

"I'm gonna kick your Head(while Sandler mouths the word ass)"

"Happy what are you doing?"

"Looking for the other end of this bottle....... oh, there it is."

If I remember correctly that is how the sequence unfolded

I saw it too - last week, I think.

Happy Gilmore thinks he's knocked-out Bob Barker, and says to Bob on the ground: "The price is wrong, Bobby!" When in actuality, he says: "The price is wrong, bitch!"

What? You can't say bitch on television anymore?

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

They show the edited version of the movies during the day when kids are likely to be watching. They show a less edited version at night.

The studio, not the network, does the editing. The same version of hHappy Gilmore is the same one that USA showed when they has the rights to it.

They show the edited version of the movies during the day when kids are likely to be watching. They show a less edited version at night.

The studio, not the network, does the editing. The same version of hHappy Gilmore is the same one that USA showed when they has the rights to it.

Thats not true. They consistantly play the same video at any time of the day. Sometimes they show more "mature" themed movies at night, but they are just as edited. Some stations here in Canada play movies that are hardly touched during the day. Showcase shows uncut movies at night and on the rare occasion during the day, depending on what the movie is. I hate TBS's editing...but they play movies you want to watch.......most of the time........

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I live in Atlanta so I dont get to see the Blue Jays hardly ever. I gotta say they have the worst uniforms in the league, I hate it when teams appreviate the team name on the jersey. Also, the southern station Turner South that shows Thrasher games still uses the old Penguins logo (the one with just the penguin head profile) and they ditched that in 2002. I don't know why it bothers me but it does, I guess its things like that which inspire me to come here. :D

"THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, LARRY, WHEN YOU FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS!"

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Or, "See what happens, Larry, when you fix a stranger scrambled eggs??!!?!?!"

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I live in Atlanta so I dont get to see the Blue Jays hardly ever. I gotta say they have the worst uniforms in the league, I hate it when teams appreviate the team name on the jersey. Also, the southern station Turner South that shows Thrasher games still uses the old Penguins logo (the one with just the penguin head profile) and they ditched that in 2002. I don't know why it bothers me but it does, I guess its things like that which inspire me to come here. :D

Just wait till Tampa Bay comes into town. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I don't get it. When TBS used to have logos in their footer scroll instead of abbreviations (2006 vs. 2005), they had the correct Blue Jays logo.

BTW, ever watch Happy Gilmore on USA? They block out company logos in the background some of the time but not all of the time (namely Subway and AT&T). It's mind boggling.

Archived