TBS uses strange Jays logo

logodawg

Oh yeah? Well, one time Rogers Sportsnet used Chris and my version of the Toronto Blue Jays logos (merging past with even further past) on a broadcast and online.

I don't know whether calling that a "personal highlight" consummates my logo nerddom to a new degree, but a highlight it was.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

TBS, as well as WGN, are both notorious for their extreme editing of movies, often taking out "ass" and "bitch," even during their movies that they show at 11 PM on Saturday nights. Their whole standards and practices are a bit too conservative.

lol, I remember when they showed "Major League", and the part where Dorn comes out and talks to whatever the hell the name of the character of Charlie Sheen, and instead of saying what he normally says, it's a really quick -

"Strikethis GUYYYY out!"

You have to hear it, it is hilarious, and shows how funny editing can get.

Oh yeah? Well, one time Rogers Sportsnet used Chris and my version of the Toronto Blue Jays logos (merging past with even further past) on a broadcast and online.

I don't know whether calling that a "personal highlight" consummates my logo nerddom to a new degree, but a highlight it was.

I'd like to see this logo.

I say the greatest was some movie that had a war-type scene and the leader of the groups look up and shouts an extremely loud, extremely manly "POOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" My friend and I laughed for 20 minutes and it's still a joke with us.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

as for their editing, i watched Heartbreakers one night and they did not edit "bull:censored:" but changed ":censored:" to "stuff" or "crap", doesnt make sense at all to me.

lol, I remember when they showed "Major League", and the part where Dorn comes out and talks to whatever the hell the name of the character of Charlie Sheen, and instead of saying what he normally says, it's a really quick -

"Strikethis GUYYYY out!"

Uh.....Rick Vaughn? C'mon now!

"Strikethis GUYYYY out!"

Speaking of which TBS used music from Major League at the end of the Devil Rays-Braves game tonight.

"Strikethis GUYYYY out!"

Speaking of which TBS used music from Major League at the end of the Devil Rays-Braves game tonight.

I'm glad somebody else noticed that, I thought for a second that I was hearing things. Of course, they may be playing that because the Braves have played much like the Indians from Major League as of late.

I'm glad somebody else noticed that, I thought for a second that I was hearing things. Of course, they may be playing that because the Braves have played much like the Indians from Major League as of late.

You sure about that? The Indians in "Major League" won their division, so they played good ball for enough of the season. Ain't happening that way for the Braves this year (FINALLY!).

...and "Strike this [GUY] out" is my favorite dubbed quote of all-time, up there with "[FORGET] you, Jobu. I do it myself." Who'd have thought that Pedro Cerrano would one day lose his accent and wind up as President David Palmer? :)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

"Strike this [GUY] out" is my favorite dubbed quote of all-time, up there with "[FORGET] you, Jobu. I do it myself."

Mother, father, Chinese dentist!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"Strikethis GUYYYY out!"

Yeah I got a real chuckle out of that. The TBS production crew screwing with the team.

On a similar note, the FSN Florida production crew played The Natural theme when they showed a clip of Cabrera swinging at the intentional ball.

1997 | 2003

They show the edited version of the movies during the day when kids are likely to be watching. They show a less edited version at night.

The studio, not the network, does the editing. The same version of hHappy Gilmore is the same one that USA showed when they has the rights to it.

Thats not true. They consistantly play the same video at any time of the day. Sometimes they show more "mature" themed movies at night, but they are just as edited. Some stations here in Canada play movies that are hardly touched during the day. Showcase shows uncut movies at night and on the rare occasion during the day, depending on what the movie is. I hate TBS's editing...but they play movies you want to watch.......most of the time........

I wouldn't say the record of Canadian Television is that good when it comes to editing...CityTV is as bad (or worse) than TSN on some movies. Even worse is what global television does. What they do to NFL football is a crime, by the time they mangle it with their advertising and choppy edits it is worse than watching a CFL game. I read an article in Macleans magazine that actually praises how innovative global has been...apparently they've been modifying prime time shows. For example, on some sitcoms they've digitally inserted a "Pizza Pizza" (Ontario pizza chain) box into the scenery, making it look like the characters are 'enjoying' their product.

What compounds this is the crazy legislation in Canada which allows Canadian stations to 'hi-jack' American feeds on cable which are showing the same program and run the Canadian feed over it...and they aren't very competent at that. The Canadian feed...especially from the morons at global...is always off by a few seconds many times you end up missing parts of shows...not to mention their bad habit of cutting off the ends of shows and credits to play promos for upcoming global programming...

global tv is the main reason i have NFL Sunday Ticket...at least i can watch a game the way it was intended.

"Strikethis GUYYYY out!"

What song/music was it? Wasn't the Randy Newman song from the beginning of the movie was it?

fade.gif

I'm glad somebody else noticed that, I thought for a second that I was hearing things.  Of course, they may be playing that because the Braves have played much like the Indians from Major League as of late.

You sure about that? The Indians in "Major League" won their division, so they played good ball for enough of the season. Ain't happening that way for the Braves this year (FINALLY!).

...and "Strike this [GUY] out" is my favorite dubbed quote of all-time, up there with "[FORGET] you, Jobu. I do it myself." Who'd have thought that Pedro Cerrano would one day lose his accent and wind up as President David Palmer? :)

I meant the Indians at the beginning of the movie, guess I should have clarified.

Archived