Miwaukee Admirals Changing Logos

josdin00

This has to be a joke, right? Just because the Admirals are a minor league club doesn't mean they should have to look the part. This logo just screams "bush league", especially when compared to the color scheme and identity that was just replaced. The Admirals won't be getting any of my money for merchandise this season.

QPR%20Sig.png

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has to be a joke, right? Just because the Admirals are a minor league club doesn't mean they should have to look the part. This logo just screams "bush league", especially when compared to the color scheme and identity that was just replaced. The Admirals won't be getting any of my money for merchandise this season.

You give it too much credit. It looks like something some loser kid with ADD would make for his fantasy basketball team.

Save the slugalo.

Wow.

I mean... WOW!

What the :censored: were they thinking?

That is atrocious. Absolutely, positively, unequivocally atrocious. From the assenine Jack Skellington-esque skull... to the bland font... to the miserably inappropriate palette. Just atrocious!

I can honestly say that I LOATHE this logo... and I'm sure that I'm going to feel the exact same way about the brand package in it's entirety.

:jawdrop::puke:

Well, Milwaukee... welcome to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Face-Off.

We may have a replacement for Toledo for the worst hockey logo. Wow. Where's Braden? He's gonna love the graphite!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

This has to be a joke, right?  Just because the Admirals are a minor league club doesn't mean they should have to look the part.  This logo just screams "bush league", especially when compared to the color scheme and identity that was just replaced.  The Admirals won't be getting any of my money for merchandise this season.

You give it too much credit. It looks like something some loser kid with ADD would make for his fantasy basketball team.

Looks like DirtyWaterDesigns just got their first client. Although it's way too clean to be Patsox's handy work.

Damnit, I just gave this logo praise. I'm going to go wash my mouth out with soap now.

QPR%20Sig.png

Has the franchise "jumped the shark"...

Never mind "jumping the shark". Rumor has it that when Gost Rider premieres in February, Nicolas Cage is going to jump the rink at the Bradley Center on the customized motorcycle from the movie... and the Admirals are going to unveil a black leather third jersey with the skull outlined in flames.

It just keeps getting funnier: The logo was designed by a Milwaukee-based ad agency named - and I swear I'm not making this up - YES MEN. From the looks of the logo, YES MEN isn't just the company's name... it's their corporate policy! Just say, "Yes, yes, yes!" to the client, no matter what they ask for.

In any event, check out the official explanation of the logo design:

The logo and slogan come with quite an interesting story that traces the origin of the new logo, which, as it turns out isn't new at all.

The Admirals new logo is actually and aged version of the team's logo from the late 1970s, a short young lad, who was lost in the waters of Lake Michigan back after the 1981 season and was recently found. The only thing that managed to keep him alive all these years was his fighting spirit. In fact, after one of his legs fell off, he used it as a hockey stick to hone his skills.

After over 25 years of being underwater, the red white and blue uniform had faded to the black, silver and ice blue, and had turned his fresh young face into a skull. Despite all of his changes, his fighting spirit never wavered and that relentlessspirit and tireless work ethic have given us our new battle cry: Never Say Die!

As if the careless spelling and punctuation weren't bad enough, the story is a heaping pile of tortured, over-the-top :censored:... pardon, shtick.

Ugh!

The art work ... well, 'nuff said ... but what the heck does a pirate-flag skull exactly have to do with "Admirals". They're both nautical, but it's quite a stretch. It looks like a blatant attempt at "what will the kids like/buy?".

And if the computer-rendered colours are accurate, I would guess the league or other teams will ask them to change the grey sweater. It's going to be too close to the other team's whites on the ice. It has to be darker.

It just keeps getting funnier: The logo was designed by a Milwaukee-based ad agency named - and I swear I'm not making this up - YES MEN. From the looks of the logo, YES MEN isn't just the company's name... it's their corporate policy! Just say, "Yes, yes, yes!" to the client, no matter what they ask for.

Hmmm, this firm is located about a block from where I work in the Third Ward. Looks like I'm gonna be paying them a visit tomorrow on my lunch break.

:cursing:

QPR%20Sig.png

Wow, that's definitly a downgrade.

On the jerseys, are those shoulder patch anchors made of bones? Ugh. I'm not through and through against a skull as the logo, just against a skull that appears to have come from a 5 year old kid.

Edit: Explanation of the logo found here, it's the old logo, trapped underwater for 25 years. Seriously. http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/home/news...CD64692585FDCD4

Edit 2: This info already found further up. Whoops!

Archived