Miwaukee Admirals Changing Logos

josdin00

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And how did the "A" on his hat get to be an anchor? And is the logo Fred T. Jane posted five* posts above supposed to be the lad at the time he was "lost at sea?"

EDIT:*Make that eleven. And I have to say, this is the first logo I have ever laughed at.

That's what we call a"Ninja-Admiral" around these parts... :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well, Milwaukee... welcome to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Face-Off.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:notworthy::notworthy:

At least I no longer have to be ashamed of my Lowell Devils androgynous skating Devil in a leotard.

lowellinside_01.jpg

Wow, Milwaukee. Lame does not even begin to describe this logo.

This is just bad. Really, really bad.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Only the vast dislike I had for the previous logo and wordmark mitigates my initial negative reaction.

I don't mind the concept of a ghost Admiral. The execution strikes me as very wrong, but we'll see what happens when I sleep on it.

One thing I do like is the bone anchors. Nice alternate logo.

home_large.jpg

away_large.jpg

:huh:

Oh you have got to be kidding me. LOOK IT'S ANOTHER TEAM WEARING BLACK! The logo is just...laughable at the least. On top of that, their primary color is black! Someone please shoot whoever designed these. And tho think I actually liked the last set of uniforms they had. :(

I'll tell you what, I would think there are a few people on this board that could draw up a cooler demon/skull admiral.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Well, it's about what I expected from that moron at the "YES MEN". The only thing the guy knows how to draw is a skull.

I think it'll work, but it's not a logo that I see staying around for more than 4 years.

I'd have to see it in action before I really judge it, but I don't think it's a great logo, but I also don't think it's near as bad as a lot of you are saying it is. That's just my opinion.

I have a question about the old jersey. I know the team is from milwaukee but why do the have the brewers logo patch on the right shoulder?

The Brewers arrrrgh part owners (pardon the pun).

Ugh! This logo sucks.

It's where I sit.

I have a question about the old jersey. I know the team is from milwaukee but why do the have the brewers logo patch on the right shoulder?

It's because most of the ownership is part of the Milwaukee Brewers organization (Ben Sheets, Mark Attanasio, and Gord Ash).

Save the slugalo.

This is a joke, right? This is a setup? They're going to let people go nuts about this one to generate publicity and then unveil the real one, I hope?

If you have to make up some ridiculous story to explain your logo, then you've probably missed the mark.

The Brewers arrrrgh part owners (pardon the pun).

More than just that - the Brewers are their sponsor. The Brewers pay for that patch.

So whereas other teams in the league will have the corporate logo of the sponsor on their sweaters, the Admirals wear the logo of the Brewers.

What's interesting to me is that they've been using the alternate logo of the Brewers since it was unveiled. And because they have been, I almost expected the Admirals to unveil a color scheme matching the Brewers' throwback uniforms.

Wow, when I first saw this on the AHL site I thought it was just a special Halloween logo. Then I read it is there new primary, then I saw they are using grey aways. This is below bush league at least bush league has some creative funny logo and names.

I give it, :puke::puke::puke:

The max pukes allowed by the board.

This is like CHL (Central Hockey League that is) quality as far as logos.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

See this is what happens when you let YES MEN create your logo. Next time go with Al Bundy and No Ma'am!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

wow. this is just horrendous. I didn't think I was gonna like the new logo right away cus I loved the now-previous logo and uniforms...but I didn't think it would look this bad.

when's the real logo coming out?

what? you mean this is it? :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Actually, the new logo does have a Brewers tie-in - it's as dead as the Brewers' playoff hopes. Ba-da-BING!

Yup, nothing says fast, exciting hockey like a decomposed body.

Maybe they could change the name to CSI: Milwaukee.

I mean, the Buffaslug is just bad design. This is...well, nauseating.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Only the vast dislike I had for the previous logo and wordmark mitigates my initial negative reaction.

You're not actually trying to say that you think this logo is better than the previous set, are you?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i like it. there, i said it. i like that indie comic style, but would have never imagined it for a sports team. still, im happy to se somebody trying it out. better a minor league hockey team than a major four franchise. im sure die hard fans are upset and they have every right to be. as a casual hockey fan and a less than casual minor league hockey fan, i like it.

Archived