Miwaukee Admirals Changing Logos

josdin00

leg.jpg

As the "official story behind the logo" that I posted earlier explains, the little guy above is supposedly the decomposed remains of...

MilwaukeeAdmirals7778.GIF

If the young lad died and started decomposing, how the hell did he sprout legs post mortem?

QPR%20Sig.png

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one good thing about this change is that we can stop talking about the Sabres for awhile. Kind of like smashing your hand to forget about your migraine headache.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

As the "official story behind the logo" that I posted earlier explains, this little guy...

leg.jpg

...is supposedly the decomposed remains of this little fella...

I thought it might have been a decomposed Terrence or Phillip

terrence_et_Philip02.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

I thought it might have been a decomposed Terrence or Phillip

terrence_et_Philip02.jpg

No, it's Jack Skellington's cousin. You know... the one who loved dressing up as Adam Ant.

Hmmmm. Come to think of it, if Jack Skellington's cousin loved dressing up like Adam Ant, he probably did have something in common with Terence and Phillip.

Looks like DirtyWaterDesigns just got their first client. Although it's way too clean to be Patsox's handy work.

Ahahahaha!

To be fair, the hat is rendered nice, and the colour pattern isn't *that* bad. But geez, that skull, and that font... :blink::wacko:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

At least they didn't use this...

A.jpg

Well, compared to Davy Jones, that isn't that bad. Cheesy? yeah, but would you mess with an admiral swinging an anchor around? At least he isn't trying to hit a puck with his decomposed leg... :blink:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

You know it's bad when my rec-league team, also named the Admirals, is going to be better-dressed this coming season than this supposed pro team.

Wow, that's just a heaping pile of steaming, festering dung. Which, given the "backstory," seems somehow appropriate.

Stunningly bad.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

To me it's like the Mighty Ducks logo when it first came out.

Me being a duck fan had expected something other than a cartoonish skull and bones duck themed logo with untraditional colors and I hated it. After a while it kinda grew on you and you loved it or hated it.

I remember reading someplace that it sold 45% of the NHL merchandise for the next couple of years. I think they are going for a wider audiance with this logo ie; kids and family's.

This is possibly the biggest downgrade I have ever seen. This makes the Buffaslug look great. Why would a team go with 90's colors, a gray away jersey, a logo un-related to the team's name, and a mascot who is using his sawed-off decomposed leg as a hockey stick? I can't imagine the YES MEN said yes to this, or even that someone could have thought of it in the first place.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

The only thing worse than the logo is the story behind the logo. He sawed of his leg and used it as a stick WHAT THE HELL. I wonder what he used as a puck :therock: .

Sorry. Don't go there. He's saving those for golf.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

To me it's like the Mighty Ducks logo when it first came out.

Me being a duck fan had expected something other than a cartoonish skull and bones duck themed logo with untraditional colors and I hated it. After a while it kinda grew on you and you loved it or hated it.

I remember reading someplace that it sold 45% of the NHL merchandise for the next couple of years. I think they are going for a wider audiance with this logo ie; kids and family's.

I guarantee you that this logo won't grow on this Admirals fan, and judging by the reception this logo has received on OnMilwaukee.com, it won't be growing on anybody else, either.

QPR%20Sig.png

I guarantee you that this logo won't grow on this Admirals fan, and judging by the reception this logo has received on OnMilwaukee.com, it won't be growing on anybody else, either.

Well, at least the Ducks had a movie tie-in... <_<

As the "official story behind the logo" that I posted earlier explains, this little guy...

leg.jpg

...is supposedly the decomposed remains of this little fella...

Unbelievably lame... even by minor-league standards.

looks like Grim from that show on Cartoon Network. :D

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

leg.jpg

As the "official story behind the logo" that I posted earlier explains, the little guy above is supposedly the decomposed remains of...

If the young lad died and started decomposing, how the hell did he sprout legs post mortem?

And how did the "A" on his hat get to be an anchor? And is the logo Fred T. Jane posted five* posts above supposed to be the lad at the time he was "lost at sea?" If it is, then he sure had a growth spurt between the '79 logo and when he died. I think we can assume that Jack will be hosting a saturday-morning cartoon show to be coming soon in the Milwaukee area.

EDIT:*Make that eleven. And I have to say, this is the first logo I have ever laughed at.

Wow, when I first saw this on the AHL site I thought it was just a special Halloween logo. Then I read it is there new primary, then I saw they are using grey aways. This is below bush league at least bush league has some creative funny logo and names.

I give it, :puke::puke::puke:

The max pukes allowed by the board.

Archived