Cavaliers New Court

jrl_z26

I ask this in the beginning of the forum and imma ask again since i didnt get an answer

Why don't teams have the inside the 3 point line painted any more like Charlotte and Houston? I like that design

the nba stopped teams from using the colored courts. they complained that it interfered with the game telecasts. i was watching a laker/rocket game years ago and they were talking about it. the lakers purple unis kinda got lost inside the dark blue arc. it was kinda annoying pretty much 4-5 guys in in a small space. it was a bit muddled.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well i e-mailed people at Quicken Loans Arena about this, and the response i got stated there is no known change in the works. that doesn't mean it isnt happening, it just means the person that replied to my e-mail hadnt heard about it yet, or didnt want to release any info. they also said, "you should keep checking www.cavs.com throughout the summer for news on this" so maybe they with-held info so cavs.com could get some more hits. who knows, thats all the new info i have to offer.

That tells me something is in the works. I mean, why would they tell you "to keep checking cavs.com for news on this" if there wasn't anything to be released. Sounds fishy to me. Who did you email? I'll send one off too and see if I get the same response.

• 2 months later...
They ran out of paint for the baselines/sidelines because they used it all to write "Quicken Loans Arena" over and over.

I believe the reason there are three is to show the different setups that will be used by the Cavs. It will be staggered for all nationally televised games, but for all other games, both will be at the bottom.

I really like the "Cavaliers" script at center court.

I really have a problem with the "cavs.com" as it appears to be in... yuck... Comic Sans.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

This is the best court since their new logo debut in 03. I love it. I wonder if the word mark @ center court is suppose to be retro, or just becaue the primary has the "retired" NBA Ball?? Or both. Probably Both, wttya thinK??

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

This is the best court since their new logo debut in 03. I love it. I wonder if the word mark @ center court is suppose to be retro, or just becaue the primary has the "retired" NBA Ball?? Or both. Probably Both, wttya thinK??

It'd be better if they USED SOME PAINT

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like it. I can't tell, but the gold outline on the word-mark might need to be thicker. Really hard to see. I think the stain color compliments the wine color as a "gold". I think they achieved a wine and gold look without using gold paint. A lot of gold paint would be an eyesore esoecially on tv. I DO NOT want more navy. I like the wine and gold. I'm already a little worried that the alternates are navy blue. I would've liked gold.

By the way: I might have missed somehting regarding jrl z26 and his connection. Are these photos taken at the manufacturer? I'm trying to figure out where this thing is laid out. Is that how you got the art-work as well?

I like it. I can't tell, but the gold outline on the word-mark might need to be thicker. Really hard to see. I think the stain color compliments the wine color as a "gold". I think they achieved a wine and gold look without using gold paint. A lot of gold paint would be an eyesore esoecially on tv. I DO NOT want more navy. I like the wine and gold. I'm already a little worried that the alternates are navy blue. I would've liked gold.

By the way: I might have missed somehting regarding jrl z26 and his connection. Are these photos taken at the manufacturer? I'm trying to figure out where this thing is laid out. Is that how you got the art-work as well?

Working at the Bradley Center here in good ole Milwaukee, I can shed some light on that for ya...

When the team decides to "change the court" or "get a 'new court," the "old court" is laid out on to the arena floor in the same manner it always is before game days. Everything from the "old" court is stripped away, setting up a clean slate for the new one to take shape. Then the fun begins. A new color is added here, a new one there. Logos get placed, wordmarks get placed. More colors are added. In Cleveland and Milwaukee's case, the 2 toned areas are the first to be shown. Then the colors, and so on.

I was able to take pictures of the court here when the process was ongoing, but until "official" unveil did not want to risk things. After tomorrow night when it is, I will post some pics of a court being redone, along with some of the court as is now.

packchampionslfroh.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived