David Ortiz is unhuman!

Brass

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(By the way, brass, I really like that dog running across your sig. It looks just like our dog -- a half beagle, half basset.)

Thanx.

I also think that Ortiz does best when the crowd is chanting for him. Whenever you hear the 'MVP' chants or 'Ortiz' chants, you can tell he'll belt one. He should win MVP this year anyway.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I think Albert is the better clutch hitter.

I'll still go with Ortiz. Pujols was nowhere to be found in the 2004 World Series.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

As a whole though, I think Albert is the better clutch hitter.

Wow, you shilling for the StL guy, that's a shocker. :P

Though that ball he hit off Brad Lidge STILL hasn't landed yet.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I tell you he is just amazing. It gets to the point as a Yankee fan that you just can't hate him anymore cause he's such a good hitter. I could almost smell that first place tie yesterday :cry:

I get where you're coming from. I hate the Yankees with a passion, except for Mariano. He's just so freaking good over so long, I have nothing but respect for the guy.

I know, I know. But I did say the reason I would take him is cuz I'm a Cardinals fan, and I provided some pretty legitimate evidence for why he could be considered the more clutch player as a whole.

As for Pujols and not being found in the World Series in '04...it was actually the entire Cards offense that choked in '04. Pujols didn't dominate the World Series, but hit .333 (5 for 15) with an OBP of .412 and a SLG of .467. He didn't get any homers, but he smacked a couple doubles. Not incredible, but for a team that all of the sudden couldn't hit an 85 mph fastball right down the middle, it wasn't overly bad.

And in the NLCS that year, he dominated (.500, 4 HR, 19 RBI in 9 games).

And we all remember (or at least I'll never forget) one of the most clutch and most clobbered home runs in recent playoff history last year against at the time, the most dominant closer in the game, Brad Lidge. Lidge by the way, has never been the same.

I know, I know. But I did say the reason I would take him is cuz I'm a Cardinals fan, and I provided some pretty legitimate evidence for why he could be considered the more clutch player as a whole.

As for Pujols and not being found in the World Series in '04...it was actually the entire Cards offense that choked in '04. Pujols didn't dominate the World Series, but hit .333 (5 for 15) with an OBP of .412 and a SLG of .467. He didn't get any homers, but he smacked a couple doubles. Not incredible, but for a team that all of the sudden couldn't hit an 85 mph fastball right down the middle, it wasn't overly bad.

And in the NLCS that year, he dominated (.500, 4 HR, 19 RBI in 9 games).

And we all remember (or at least I'll never forget) one of the most clutch and most clobbered home runs in recent playoff history last year against at the time, the most dominant closer in the game, Brad Lidge. Lidge by the way, has never been the same.

Sure, Pujols has that homer.

But what about the fact that in the 2004 playoffs, Ortiz had 3 walkoff hits in the span of 6 games? Two of them with his team facing elimination?

Pujols can be considered clutch, but he's not even in the same league as Ortiz.

Can you ever take a compliment to somebody else as anything more than a slight to one of your favorite players? It's getting ridiculous.

IUe6Hvh.png

All the time. But people making claims like yours that Pujols isn't even in the same league as Ortiz or Ortiz is hands down the most clutch player in the league is as much disrespect to what Albert has done as it is a compliment to what Ortiz has done.

I applaud Ortiz's couple more elimination facing walkoffs, but there's no way he's that much better, if at all, then Pujols in the clutch.

If you wanna say he's the best bet to hit a walkoff homer in the league, well, that's possible (though, serious, Pujols is right with him), but Pujols stats just show he's the better player in clutch situations.

Oh well, the East Coast bias lives on. Keep on hittin' on national TV Ortiz.

All the time. But people making claims like yours that Pujols isn't even in the same league as Ortiz or Ortiz is hands down the most clutch player in the league is as much disrespect to what Albert has done as it is a compliment to what Ortiz has done.

I applaud Ortiz's couple more elimination facing walkoffs, but there's no way he's that much better, if at all, then Pujols in the clutch.

If you wanna say he's the best bet to hit a walkoff homer in the league, well, that's possible (though, serious, Pujols is right with him), but Pujols stats just show he's the better player in clutch situations.

Oh well, the East Coast bias lives on. Keep on hittin' on national TV Ortiz.

Yeah, that East Coast bias sure has hit Pujols hard, hasn't it? I mean, he's only widely considered to be the best player in the league. It's getting ridiculous how often you jump in to defend your team/player when they're not even being slighted or insulted. And when one of your teams or players are involved in the discussion, your opinion means very little to anyone because of it. I think you're the only one blind enough not to see he's the most clutch player in the league. Even Yankees fans see it as being truthful.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, that East Coast bias sure has hit Pujols hard, hasn't it? I mean, he's only widely considered to be the best player in the league. It's getting ridiculous how often you jump in to defend your team/player when they're not even being slighted or insulted. And when one of your teams or players are involved in the discussion, your opinion means very little to anyone because of it. I think you're the only one blind enough not to see he's the most clutch player in the league. Even Yankees fans see it as being truthful.

I frankly don't care about people not taking my opinion seriously. Being the fan I am, I do always defend my team, but I never do it with out making intelligent points.

No, there's plenty others who believe Pujols is more clutch.

The Real King of Clutch

Yeah, that East Coast bias sure has hit Pujols hard, hasn't it?  I mean, he's only widely considered to be the best player in the league.  It's getting ridiculous how often you jump in to defend your team/player when they're not even being slighted or insulted.  And when one of your teams or players are involved in the discussion, your opinion means very little to anyone because of it.  I think you're the only one blind enough not to see he's the most clutch player in the league.  Even Yankees fans see it as being truthful.

I frankly don't care about people not taking my opinion seriously. Being the fan I am, I do always defend my team, but I never do it with out making intelligent points.

The Real King of Clutch

Well, I think what he's getting at is, whenever there is a thread about any MLB player being good, for no reason at all, you'll just always chime in with "Pujols is better or deserves to be!" and defend him when nobody has said anything period about him. Even if it's asking "who of two specific players is more clutch?" and Pujols isn't an option, you will come in and say he should be and throw up "facts" and "proof" that nobody asked for.

Nobody has ever denied that Pujols is a fantastic player and always has been considered one of the best. We KNOW IT already. Even fans of rival teams that hate the guy appear to still respect the guy. We don't need someone to constantly remind us, especially when the topic has nothing to do with him.

No offence to you. I very much agree with you about Albert Pujols. And, of course, that home run last October was both very very clutch and very very legendary. (Even it it did nothing more but allow Busch Stadium II a proper sendoff.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Yeah, that East Coast bias sure has hit Pujols hard, hasn't it?  I mean, he's only widely considered to be the best player in the league.  It's getting ridiculous how often you jump in to defend your team/player when they're not even being slighted or insulted.  And when one of your teams or players are involved in the discussion, your opinion means very little to anyone because of it.  I think you're the only one blind enough not to see he's the most clutch player in the league.  Even Yankees fans see it as being truthful.

The Real King of Clutch

Well, I think what he's getting at is, whenever there is a thread about any MLB player being good, for no reason at all, you'll just always chime in with "Pujols is better or deserves to be!" and defend him when nobody has said anything period about him. Even if it's asking "who of two specific players is more clutch?" and Pujols isn't an option, you will come in and say he should be and throw up "facts" and "proof" that nobody asked for.

Nobody has ever denied that Pujols is a fantastic player and always has been considered one of the best. We KNOW IT already. Even fans of rival teams that hate the guy appear to still respect the guy. We don't need someone to constantly remind us, especially when the topic has nothing to do with him.

No offence to you. I very much agree with you about Albert Pujols. And, of course, that home run last October was both very very clutch and very very legendary. (Even it it did nothing more but allow Busch Stadium II a proper sendoff.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Winnar!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

You kids can argue all you want...

Postseason runs scored, all time

David Ortiz- 19

Albert Pujols- 28

Bernie Williams- 83

Postseason Home Runs, all time

David Ortiz- 8

Albert Pujols- 10

Bernie Williams- 22

Postseason RBIs, all time

David Ortiz- 32

Albert Pujols- 29

Bernie Williams- 80

World Series Rings, all time

David Ortiz- 1

Albert Pujols- 0

Bernie Williams- 4

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

You kids can argue all you want...

Postseason runs scored, all time

David Ortiz- 19

Albert Pujols- 28

Bernie Williams- 83

Postseason Home Runs, all time

David Ortiz- 8

Albert Pujols- 10

Bernie Williams- 22

Postseason RBIs, all time

David Ortiz- 32

Albert Pujols- 29

Bernie Williams- 80

World Series Rings, all time

David Ortiz- 1

Albert Pujols- 0

Bernie Williams- 4

While I agree that Bernie Williams is better than "Captain Clutch" Derek Jeter, as the stats prove -- but comparing a guy who's played in 24 postseason series' to a guy, Ortiz, and that's played in 8 (and only six since becoming a premiere MLB player)... isn't that a tad bit ridiculous? You're trying to compare stats of a guy that's played in 120 postseason games to a guy that's played in 38! Even then, David Ortiz bats for the better average and is on pace to destroy Bernie Williams' HR and RBI totals if he ever gets to play in that many postseason games.

IUe6Hvh.png

Brass Bonanza stated as a fact that Ortiz is the biggest clutch hitter in the game, then he asked for anybody else's thoughts.

My thoughts are and were that that was an incorrect assessment, and I backed that up.

My bringing up Pujols was perfectly in line with the thought and question posed in the first post of the topic.

You wanna say I do this too many other times, fine, but I wasn't out of line here.

Archived