Your Murmansk Fighting Jesuses...

ColeJ

incase you're new, or don't remember... here's the thread from last year:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=24837

this season, i went a different way with the fightin' j's... a little more old school and traditional in terms of uniforms... i returned to the white helmet shell that we had during our first 2 seasons, went with a more traditional uniform design, worked a little more on my secondary logo, and added a retro alternate uniform... did a little bit of research as to what elements to add and take out... and i'm pretty happy with it overall...

i'll try to keep this short, and just show what i've come up with. i may post bigger versions of the logos later, if you guys have trouble seeing any of them... but all the logos are pretty simplistic, so i think you should be able to make them all out in the graphics i've uploaded.

home uniform:

murmansk-home2006.png

road uniform:

murmansk-road2006.png

alternate uniform:

murmansk-third2006.png

any and all comments are welcome, as long as they respect my freedom of speech and team name :)

one question comes to mind... was my choice of brown this season too dark? it looks rich on my monitor, but i'm scared it may come off as black on some monitors. the brown and red are a unique tradition of the jesuses, so i'd hate for it to be mistaken for another scheme.

and please... if you take the time to look, take the time to comment. even the slightest feedback is greatly appreciated.

I love the use of the Russian Orthodox cross in the alternate logo.  Awesome!

i believe it was your advice originally to add a cross to the block-M logo, in the first place...

i just did a little googling on top of that idea, and found a cross that would be appropriate for a team in Murmansk.

This concept really features a very good example of an underused color scheme (brown and red), one which you wouldn't think would translate from theory to practice, but will if done right. This one is done right, Coley-Cole. I do think the alternate uniform might look cooler if you incorporated red into the pant striping, but then again, it might look a bit derivative of Brown University's football uniforms.

And BTW, nobody :censored:s with the Jesus.

QPR%20Sig.png

This concept really features a very good example of an underused color scheme (brown and red), one which you wouldn't think would translate from theory to practice, but will if done right.

I'm not a fan of brown jerseys in general because it very seldom looks good on a jersey. This is an exception. I love the grey on the alternate. My only suggestion would be to try some brown on the helmet stripe, and the home pants stripe. Other than that they're pretty sweet.

Nice work. It's nice to know brown and red can work together...I've tried, and failed miserably. Very simple uniforms, which is why I like them.

The logo on the helmet it kinda bothering me though. It's either too big, or just too far front. It just seems to fit in there oddly.

Gosh, Cole - I didn't even see this concept posted! Honestly, I've been so busy looking at all the slop being thrown up by our newest members that I haven't been able to get around to yours! ;)

That said... I'm lovin' it. Brown and red do work - like a burger and ketchup, or like Brown U. Either way, this is sweet. The cross is a very nice touch.

Do we know for sure that "Jesuses" is the plural? Not "Jesi"?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

there we go :)

i appreciate the feedback on this one. i've got no idea why, but brown and red have always been my favorite colors... so i decided to try and make them work together for the only fantasy sports team that i actually put effort into.

Archived