Mets to Wear '86 Uniforms on Friday Night!

benJAMMIN039

Does that Reyes jersey have a nameplate on it??? I can't really tell, but if so, there is the inaccuracy we would have been looking for on these throwbacks.
Not true. It IS a nameplate, but zoom in on KNIGHT or HARRELSON in this: http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/images/fan...v_1280x1024.jpg and you'll see they did have nameplates in 86...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just hope they remember to NOT wear the black hats...it's the Mets though, so I expect them to screw something up...like not wearing a hat with a blue button but staying lazy and keeping the orange one that they now have...

I'm sure they won't wear the correct caps.

But then, that's something that maybe a dozen people would actually notice. And we're all here.... :P

Correct cap or not, they'll almost certainly wear the 2-tone CoolFlo helmets. That'll be a great match.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Correct cap or not, they'll almost certainly wear the 2-tone CoolFlo helmets. That'll be a great match.
I'd like to hope my team won't stoop to that level, but knowing the Mets...

I really want to believe they'll wear the blue helmets (I don't even care if they're all blue coolflos--if thats whats safer than so be it, you don't see throwback football helmets made from leather with no facemask afterall).

This shouldnt be too hard to pull off accurately. They already have the pinstriped pants and the blue hats/helmets. I guess they just have to produce the jerseys.

Well the pants need to be "racing striped" as well, and I'd expect guys like Wright and Reyes to wear stirrups with them too :).

This shouldnt be too hard to pull off accurately. They already have the pinstriped pants and the blue hats/helmets. I guess they just have to produce the jerseys.

They gotta wear the stirrips, I've always been a stickler for those :D . With the stirrups, I'd consider it pretty accurate, sans 'cool-flo' helmets, of course.

nygiantsSig.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Unfortunately, the green is all that matters apparantly. I've just come to the conclusion that most Met fans are just stupid anyway (Just judging from all the geniuses I've sat around these past few seasons) so as long as they keep buying these things, we'll have to suffer.

And John Olerud looks really pale in those, even for a white guy... :P

Unfortunately, the green is all that matters apparantly. I've just come to the conclusion that most Met fans are just stupid anyway (Just judging from all the geniuses I've sat around these past few seasons) so as long as they keep buying these things, we'll have to suffer.

And John Olerud looks really pale in those, even for a white guy... :P

Black on the unis was not introduced for the Mets fans.

It was so that they could sell more jerseys to the hip-hop crowd and make more money because Mets fans were going to buy them anyway, so why not sucker the hip-hop crowd too. (Like they need to be suckered into buying another black or garish colored jersey anyway.

I've never been a fan of the 80's Mets look at all.

They should just drop the black and go back to these, which were perfect...

nl_1996_newyork.gif

So true

You know, I was going though the last 20 years of Mets unis on Dressed to the Nines today, too... and those are the EXACT ones I picked out and thought "perfect!" It has been all downhill since then.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I've never been a fan of the 80's Mets look at all.

They should just drop the black and go back to these, which were perfect...

nl_1996_newyork.gif

So true

Those uniforms always remind me of the New York Knights in "The Natural".

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Your hip-hop argument is laughable.

You don't know much about marketing, do you...?

You don't know much about Hip-Hop, do you...?

He is right, throwbacks have been going out of style lately...Fitted caps are still in like Flynn, but as for throwbacks...nah.

Archived