Sabres news!

MrHockey9

Wow, second find in a couple days.  From another sports board:

"Hey my class went to the Sabres arena for a field trip and we saw some cool stuff. The biggest thing I saw was that the Sabres will be changing their jerseys, hopefully for next year. The design they showed was the base of the current jersey (triangle stripes on the sides) w/ dark blue instead of black and gold. The logo thusfar (they said the logo could change) is a white charging buffalo with the two swords from their alt. jersey behind it (kinda a modern version of their original logo). It looks really cool."

It will look like that one Sabre concpet logo that someone made a while back....congrats!

I had a couple meetings with the Sabres about the designs and logo work.  I can't really discuss the meetings at all, but I'd be very interested to know what board you got this from MrHockey9.  

I'd like to get in touch with the person who wrote this and try and find out some more info here.  Thanks for sharing the news, and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. And thanks for the compliments on the logos guys, much appreciated.

Some of the best logos i've ever seen are those of js...

The sabre going through the Roman-type "S", the main crest logos... Simply amazing stuff.

Nothing but good can come from this change. And if it comes because of our good friend js, I'll buy him a new suit, because he will have done what i think most people have wanted done for a long time, get the Sabres to go back to their rightful Blue and Gold colors.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The colours in these pics look alot better than the colours on the old unis ever did. I'd like it though if they made the Sabres the focus rather than a buffalo, the teams isn't the Buffalos.

In the 06 alternates, I like the logo that has a sheild in the background, buffalo in the mantle with two nice big sabres crossed, just like an old family crest. A design like that would really work well.

That orange design in 03 is eerily like the Islanders current 3rd though. I'd creer for these if they made their way to the ice

The colours in these pics look alot better than the colours on the old unis ever did. I'd like it though if they made the Sabres the focus rather than a buffalo, the teams isn't the Buffalos.

In the 06 alternates, I like the logo that has a sheild in the background, buffalo in the mantle with two nice big sabres crossed, just like an old family crest. A design like that would really work well.

That orange design in 03 is eerily like the Islanders current 3rd though. I'd creer for these if they made their way to the ice

THe old buffalo colors were very nice. I like that JS went with a barker blue but didn't go Navy Blue... it still some what blue.

THe old Sabres colors were fan-flippin-tastic.... should have never changed them...

And the modernize Leaping Buffalo over Crossed Sabres logo is the best. I really, REALLY dig the 1970 crest, but realisticly it won't happen... It would make a nice shoulder logo though...

I like the 04 jerseys... i mean, c'mon...

sabres_1_bg.jpg

would this not look sweet?

sB9ijEj.png

Very classy logo. Great work, no doubt.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

THe old buffalo colors were very nice. I like that JS went with a barker blue but didn't go Navy Blue... it still some what blue.

THe old Sabres colors were fan-flippin-tastic.... should have never changed them...

And the modernize Leaping Buffalo over Crossed Sabres logo is the best. I really, REALLY dig the 1970 crest, but realisticly it won't happen... It would make a nice shoulder logo though...

I like the 04 jerseys... i mean, c'mon...

sabres_1_bg.jpg

would this not look sweet?

if this pic. turns out to be accurate, the sabers would have redemed themselvs. they look like a nj rip-off now. why changed in the first place is beyond me.

Very evolutionary interpretation of their 1970-1996 togs, and the colors are different enough from Nashville and St. Louis (the other two prominent blue/gold teams) to make the uniforms stand out a bit more from those teams.

I wouldn't mind them going back to blue and gold if they did it in this manner.  It's a nod to the past, but it's also a step forwards in the evolution of their visual identity that's a bit overdue...

QPR%20Sig.png

Icecap... unfortunately that isn't another CCSL Forum find... that image has been on Celsius' site for quite a long time...

The first time I saw js' logos', I remember I had a lot of suggestions and may have been rather critical (people tell me I tend to nitpick, but I say "prove it" *hits the deck*), but having seen the trash that the NHL has been spitting out, I'd fully support almost any of those logos as a new Sabres look.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

For the shoulder patch logo, I really liked the one with the sabre and the charging buffalo with its head forming the letter B.

I didn't like that one so much... I really love that 1970.. umm i guess i'll call it the Legacy Logo. That looks so damn sharp.... by far my favorite of all the logos. But it works better as the shoulder logo on the 04 jersey. Very, very nice...

sB9ijEj.png

Archived