ASU Quarterback Fiasco

amare32

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a little tired, but it looks like a "too much of a good thing" situation. They had too many good guys and someone's feelings got hurt.

Am I correct in my assesment?

Almost, but the coach named Sam Keller (Sr.) the starter, to only change his mind later and name Rudy Carpenter the starter. If I was Keller, who has been nothing but steller for ASU, and was given the starting job rightfully, and then had it taken back, Id be pissed too.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

OW,

All the talk on the local Phoenix area boards, and radio stations are just ripping ASU's coach to peices. Not what you want just prior to the start of the season. I see huge problems with the Devils this year, and possibly if the team is very lackluster a 5+ loss season (I still think ASU beats NAU and Nevada, but CAL, USC, UCLA, and Arizona are now out of reach.) Coach Koetter has lost controll of this team and might not even make it through the season is he looses to NAU and Nevada!

It's a sad day when you go from the team with the most depth at QB in the nation, running a superpowered offensive attack. To one that if Rudy Carpenter goes down, the entire season and most likely your job is toast!

Oh well, an people wonder why I referee local Phoenix HS football. It's a lot more fun!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

OW,

All the talk on the local Phoenix area boards, and radio stations are just ripping ASU's coach to peices. Not what you want just prior to the start of the season. I see huge problems with the Devils this year, and possibly if the team is very lackluster a 5+ loss season (I still think ASU beats NAU and Nevada, but CAL, USC, UCLA, and Arizona are now out of reach.) Coach Koetter has lost controll of this team and might not even make it through the season is he looses to NAU and Nevada!

It's a sad day when you go from the team with the most depth at QB in the nation, running a superpowered offensive attack. To one that if Rudy Carpenter goes down, the entire season and most likely your job is toast!

Oh well, an people wonder why I referee local Phoenix HS football. It's a lot more fun!

As an alumni and a man in the profession that you are talking about(sports radio) I will tell you that this was a very bush move. You give Keller the job and then 3 days later you give Carpenter the job and you throw Keller under the bus. Now this is very disrespectful and I won't blame Keller for wanting out of Tempe. But if Carpenter goes down than what...we are screwed as we may not have Keller there to back us up in the quarterback position. but I do think we will have a very good season and I don't think 9 wins are out of reach. I already knew this wasn't going to end pretty. 2 good quarterbacks that could start in 1-A. Too bad that it had to end like this but all we have to worry about now is getting ready for the upcoming season. But I don't really think Koetter has lost control, I do believe that he believed in his players enough that they thought Carpenter was a better choice. But I do not believe this was the way this should of been done like this.

AND Amare

BOW DOWN ARIZONA

Keller is getting screwed in this situation in more than one way too. Keller was one of the top 10, maybe even top 5 quarterbacks in the 2007 draft and now he'll end up in a Division-II school where he won't get as much recognition and attention by the NFL scouts. As a result, instead of being a POSSIBLE day one pick, he'll be a low round draft pick.

As a ASU fan, how can you be confident with Koetter as your coach if he can't even make up his mind who he wants to start? On Friday, he says Keller, and on Sunday he says Carpenter.

Now with that said, Carpenter is the right choice. He's the future of the team (for a couple more years) and had a better year than Keller last season, who didn't turn over the ball nearly as much as Keller.

I personally can't stand Koetter, I think the talent on the field will speak for itself. I think having an average coach with great players will get us 8 wins. I personally hated the fact they gave him an extension without proving himself first. I do say if he doesn't get it done this year I will make sure as an alumni to talk to Lisa Love and make sure his ass is out of here. We have great talent and I expect big things out of this team. It's just too bad for Keller who is now looking for options out of Arizona State. Again I don't think Koetter lost control and I do still think we can at least win 8 or 9 games. But we better damn not have an average season. If that happens I hope we can find a new coach.

You gotta love the chuckleheads at ASU.

One more reason to BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

I find it funny a UofEh fan is trying to make fun of ASU for having too many good players. Seems as though we have two talented qb's more than the good ol' Wildkitties. Enjoy your 3rd 3-8 season. :D

But yes, Koetter isn?t the brightest crayon in the box.

Then again, Stoops is a genius :wacko:

PopHeading-1.gif

I find it funny a UofEh fan is trying to make fun of ASU for having too many good players. Seems as though we have two talented qb's more than the good ol' Wildkitties. Enjoy your 3rd 3-8 season. :D

I won't bother to deconstruct your statement to expose its myriad fallacies.

I will register my surprise at the rudimentary but functional syntax of your sentences. The quality of ASU's College of Remedial Studies continues to improve. Your parents must be proud. ^_^

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

I will register my surprise at the rudimentary but functional syntax of your sentences. The quality of ASU's College of Remedial Studies continues to improve. Your parents must be proud. ^_^

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

Ah come on Easy E you should know that the only degree we have is partying and hot girls ;).

Bow down Ol' Pueblo

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

Too many big words...need beer and girl :P

PopHeading-1.gif

Wow, who knew that a WildKittens fan could use such big words. They must have some great Remedial teachers in what dump that school is located.

And as for the Sun Dorks: Nice job, ya dumbasses. You guys can sure drink down beers, but you can't decide on a decent quarterback. What a bunch of classless Dorks.

As for the both of ya, I have FOUR words for ya....

BOW DOWN TO WASHINGTON!

Wow, who knew that a WildKittens fan could use such big words. They must have some great Remedial teachers in what dump that school is located.

And as for the Sun Dorks: Nice job, ya dumbasses. You guys can sure drink down beers, but you can't decide on a decent quarterback. What a bunch of classless Dorks.

BOW DOWN TO WASHINGTON!

pss pss Dustin, letting you know until the Huskies win and actually looks good doing it, both Arizona and ASU will beat you soundly, hope ya like another 1 win season.

BOW DOWN TO WASHINGTON!

pss pss Dustin, letting you know until the Huskies win and actually looks good doing it, both Arizona and ASU will beat you soundly, hope ya like another 1 win season.

Arizona fans have no :censored: room to talk smack against me because, if I remember correctly, those Wildkittens got smacked all over Tucson like the red headed step child that they are.

And you think it'll be another one win season for U-Dub? Not so fast, my friend! The Purple and Gold will rise once again under the leadership of Tyrone Willingham. The faithful will see a new resurgence in Washington football. No one in the PAC-10 will stand in their way.

BOW DOWN TO WASHINGTON!

Arizona fans have no :censored: room to talk smack against me because, if I remember correctly, those Wildkittens got smacked all over Tucson like the red headed step child that they are.

And you think it'll be another one win season for U-Dub? Not so fast, my friend! The Purple and Gold will rise once again under the leadership of Tyrone Willingham. The faithful will see a new resurgence in Washington football. No one in the PAC-10 will stand in their way.

oh i'm sorry enjoy your 3 win season then. J/K Dustin. Huskies will not have a good season this year, maybe 4 wins but I think that's about it. Next year maybe your year Willingham will do great things with the Huskies but I just don't this year will be it.

Call me when Arizona State isn't afraid to travel east of Boulder, Colorado, or Arizona does something other than get beaten senseless by an overrated LSU team in Baton Rouge. Until then, please keep the chatter down on the College Football Elementary Playground...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived